Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread - Pacers @ Heat 12/18

Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers @ Heat 12/18

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Oops double post
    Last edited by PacersHomer; 12-18-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The offensive execution when we were down 1 was solid, just a poor pass by George Hill. I honestly think George Hill should have pulled up for 3 on the last possession since they didn't foul.
    If George Hill had missed a 3 at the end, people would be calling for even more than his head, they'd be going for the backpacks too.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

"We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Unfortunately, it seems like fatigue from having the defensive intensity that we have is starting to take its toll. Hopefully Danny coming back will allow enough different looks that most of our starters can have their minutes reduced. Likely will be rough for several games (maybe part of the current problem is working Danny into the plan during practices offensively?) but hopefully will work itself out for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    Should never have been in the position to have a missed call at the end. We had a lot of wide open misses and bad turnovers. We live to fight another day. Will be very interesting to see what Granger gives us. If he gives us anything like Scola that's gravy, anything more? That's gold.
    Hibbert was a complete non-factor and didn't play a smart game. Paul needs to set his ego aside and stop playing careless. Part of this seems to be maturity. Both of those guys are sowing their oats now but they are not veterans and they aren't playing like it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've looked at the replay a lot, it looked like PG was jumping forward, wasn't just a pure push by LeBron.
    @qandrews9428

It's disappointing to see this team slide back after such a great start. The 16-1 start deluded us into thinking we were better than we actually are. 53-57 wins is where I see this team.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Hibbert was a complete non-factor and didn't play a smart game. Paul needs to set his ego aside and stop playing careless. Part of this seems to be maturity. Both of those guys are sowing their oats now but they are not veterans and they aren't playing like it.
    I agree with you. Besides having the best player in the world, I can't see why the Heat are better than our Pacers. We take care of the ball, we win. The fact that Hibbert was in foul trouble all game and we held our own is very impressive. Can't wait for the playoffs.
    PACE YOURSELF

Ok, so we lost this game, but does anyone else truly think Miami is the better team right now? Our biggest asset vs them played 23 minutes and we looked better than them still for around 40/48 minutes. I just don't see them beating us in a series. Especially if Danny comes back healthy. Be negative all you want, and say we are 4-4 in the last 8, but lets be honest, 3 of those losses were expected, and this last game was just lost mentally. Still have a lot of faith that we are the best team in the NBA

I am a firm believer that if Paul George were handed a baby late in a game he'd drop it off his foot out of bounds.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cherokee For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    It's disappointing to see this team slide back after such a great start. The 16-1 start deluded us into thinking we were better than we actually are. 53-57 wins is where I see this team.
    I think you are taking this too far. Pacers have the 2nd hardest SOS in the entire league over the last 10 games.
    @qandrews9428

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Why is Frank calling such a complicated play when we only need a 2 to win? why give the ball to George Hill knowing that Hill was sucking? so many questions because I'm mad
    Honestly, I don't what the hell they were thinking there. To me moments like that you go to either Paul or David first, then either Lance or Hill after that, but I sure don't start by running it through Hill. That was frustrating.

The pieces are there, but unless the team starts playing higher IQ basketball they will be watching the Finals from home again this year. Davis West is the only guy tonight that I would say played high IQ basketball.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to presto123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    4-4 since the 16-1 start. Anyone think we'll win 70 now? Or even 60?
    Yes, I think we'll win 60 to 65 games.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    The pieces are there, but unless the team starts playing higher IQ basketball they will be watching the Finals from home again this year. Davis West is the only guy tonight that I would say played high IQ basketball.
    All that tough talk and bravado backed up by nothing on the court. The Pacers need to eat a big slice of humble pie and get back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Its a freaking Foul, and I can't believe Joey Crawford didn't call it. You can't let the defense put their hands on the shooter, its a foul. Its not even questionable, there should never be a no call on a play like that.

PG had some ripe words for Joey before walking off the court.
    You know, I blame the Pacers a lot more than I blame the refs for this game, so that having been said first... I friggin' hate when the refs look for an excuse to ding us for fouls yet ignore this blatant ******** on the other end. Either call both sides tight, or don't, but this half and half garbage pisses me off!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Brownjake has it right. Roy plays 20 mins. and we still had them by the throat most of the way. DWade conjures up an old game to save them. Hopefully Lance was taking notes because school was in the 2nd half.

After Queen James and the flopper, they are massive amounts of suckage. We gave it away. We are the much better BB team. Much.

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    Ok, so we lost this game, but does anyone else truly think Miami is the better team right now? Our biggest asset vs them played 23 minutes and we looked better than them still for around 40/48 minutes. I just don't see them beating us in a series. Especially if Danny comes back healthy. Be negative all you want, and say we are 4-4 in the last 8, but lets be honest, 3 of those losses were expected, and this last game was just lost mentally. Still have a lot of faith that we are the best team in the NBA
    We are the better team. But I seriously do take this game as evidence that the refs will not let us win a series against that team.

In the final six minutes. you saw Lance and George getting thrown to the ground. Birdman going over the back repeatedly. Bosh tripping Hibbert. All no calls. And thats not even mentioned the less egregious foul on George by Lebron.

The simple fact is that the NBA is a business.

New York gets more national TV games because they will make the NBA more money. In much the same way the Heat making the finals even if they were to eventually lose makes the NBA more money. Could you imagine a Portland/Indiana Finals. Stern would probably just go ahead and retire a few weeks early. Basketball purists would love it, but it would probably be bad for the league.

Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    Ok, so we lost this game, but does anyone else truly think Miami is the better team right now?
    Yes. They are the defending champions and have beat us two straight seasons. They have the best player in the world, and if D-Wade keeps playing like he has lately (certainly no guarantees), then they still have the best two players in a series against us. PG is better than D-Wade from a physical ability standpoint, but D-Wade gets the edge over him if he keeps playing like this because of the mental toughness and experience.

I just don't see how you can say you don't see them beating us in a series when they have knocked us out two straight years. To eliminate a team with Lebron James, almost everything is going to have to go perfect. First and foremost, we must get HCA. Secondly, this team must have a reliable wing off of the bench who can take a bit of the pressure off of PG and contribute some scoring in key playoff situations. Those of us who were saying that the bench isn't good enough aren't a bunch of spoiled whiners who lack appreciation for what we've watched. It's quite the opposite actually. We love this team and understand its potential. But we want to maximize its chances, because to beat Miami in May, we're going to have to be near perfect. If Granger can comeback and prove that he can consistently be relied upon off the bench, then problem solved. If not, then we need to look at making a move. Our opportunity is too great to leave any stone unturned.

Miami is just so mentally tough and is able to kick it into an extra gear, particularly in South Beach. Gonna be hard to beat them 4 times.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-18-2013 at 11:29 PM.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Paul George: 25 points, 50% shooting, 33% from three, 7-8 ft's, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 3 turnovers

LeBron James: 24 points, 57% shooting, 33% from three, 7-7 ft's, 9 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals, 3 turnovers

About as much of a stand-still as you can get there, Wade was the killer, being efficient on 25 shots. I bet he takes the next 3 weeks off though.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

You could see it happening midway through the 4th quarter. Sure the Pacers still had the lead, but The Heat were getting easier shots while the Pacers were slowly walking the ball up, slowly getting into their offense and slowly moving the ball and holding the ball, fighting the shot clock, and then having to throw up hero shots. They hit a few, which allowed the Pacers to keep a 6 point lead for the most part. But I knew that could not least, as the Heat were getting easier shots and kept getting easier shots. And then they got a couple of run-outs and pulled the game out.

Overall though I could watch these two teams play every night. It is a great , great matchup to watch. Contrasting styles. It is so fun to watch.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Honestly, I don't what the hell they were thinking there. To me moments like that you go to either Paul or David first, then either Lance or Hill after that, but I sure don't start by running it through Hill. That was frustrating.
    Yeah I don't get it is like Vogel wanted to over do it, I mean I understand a play like that if you need a 3 with 2 seconds left but they had 25 freaking seconds left why call that garbage? just give it to West,Hibbert,Paul George or even Lance.

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    I've looked at the replay a lot, it looked like PG was jumping forward, wasn't just a pure push by LeBron.
    Doesn't matter, 2 hands on the waist of the ball handler at any time in the NBA is a foul.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Sideshow has been removed. Look, on the one hand, if you have a problem with someone, stop with this nonsense about being too good or too big to use the ignore list, and just friggin' use it. Better to use the damn list than to keep getting stirred up and in turn complaining about it on the board. Just do it or stop talking about it; either way.

Secondly, other people should be more mindful how their words, in the context of saying them on a fan site (right after a game that has drawn a crowd to the board and while everyone's tempers are short no less) can incite certain types of responses, and be a little more considerate about how they choose to express themselves. There's a fine line between having your own opinions and saying things that are inviting a response!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post: