Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread - Pacers @ Heat 12/18

Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers @ Heat 12/18

4-4 since the 16-1 start. Anyone think we'll win 70 now? Or even 60?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

we need a point guard and pg needs 2 stop trying to split double teams. that is all
    Impossible Is Nothing

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not the biggest fan of NBA refs, but I would rank the officials as reason number 498 why we lost this game. I thought that this was a fairly officiated game and plenty of calls went the Pacers' way. Pacers had 21 fouls and the Heat 20.

The refs had nothing to do with our pathetically timid offense down the stretch and lax defense.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

George Hill should donate his salary to the team, so we can sign a guard who can dribble/pass the ball. Our point guard rotation is just so damn weak, if Granger can come back and just simply shoot the 3 ball we need to move lance to starting PG. Lance is the only guy on this team who can even handle the damn ball, it's difficult to watch sometimes.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jon Theodore For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers lose.

Can someone explain to me how LeDecision putting his hands on the waist of PG24 in the air not count as a foul?

Thoughts?

Complain here.....
    Its a freaking Foul, and I can't believe Joey Crawford didn't call it. You can't let the defense put their hands on the shooter, its a foul. Its not even questionable, there should never be a no call on a play like that.

PG had some ripe words for Joey before walking off the court.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    Is it shocking to know that we've lost to teams with good point guards? Chalmers always outplays Hill. I am still trying to figure out why Hill has a starting job with this team.
    Hill played awful but don't try to make it sound like Chalmers played any better he was even worse and quite frankly if Chalmers was our starting PG he would be TERRIBLE. He is only solid in Miami's system because they can get him open 3s consistently because of LeBron......if he was a Pacer I'm not even sure he'd be more productive than CJ Watson.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VideoVandal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    The Pacers are not fragile and soft. But we did beat ourselves tonight.
    The Pacers did not play a smart game. At times we were careless and I think that applied to both Roy and Paul. It was an important game because we need to have home court over these guys.

In any event, I've been posting here I think a decade now and just used the ignore function. I mean. Sorry but it's really nice. It's like popping a big ugly blackhead.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    Yes we will win 60. 70 was never going to happen.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kent beckley For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Keep bringing up that stat, believe the 4 losses are @OKC, @Miami, @Portland, and Detroit (the only real bad loss), and beat Miami, @San Antonio, Charlotte, @Utah (Utah a .500 team with Burke around).
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

We stopped moving the ball at the end. Too much dribbling and predictability. I agree with Sollozo about posting either Hibbert or West,. Miami would anticipate the ball going to George even if he didn't get it at the start of the possession.

PS: After 2 or 3 timeouts, we came out supposedly with a drawn plan to get to the basket. I saw none of it but wasted possessions
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

IMO it is VERY clear what lost this game, and that is passive decision-making in the final 3 minutes. We had the lead and worried about running the clock out more than the game itself. Now is this on Frank or the players? I do not know because I do not know what Frank was telling them, but I like to think the two main guys to blame is Frank and our best player. Paul George has to finish the game, not run the clock out before the Heat come back. I am being hard on Paul because he is our best player and one of the best in the league, and believe he needs to play with that mentality.

LeBron James is the greatest talent ever, but the knock on him is because he does the same thing Paul and the Pacers did today, and that get passive at the end of the game. We dominated this game, Pacers are clearly the better team. But you have to finish. Holding the ball for 20 secs on every possession in the final 3 minutes when you are only up 5 is unacceptable. And that is clearly what cost us the game. Lets just hope this does not happen in the playoffs. And lets hope this loss does not cost us home court.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:

The refs were decidedly in the Heat's favor in the second half, but that's not why the Pacers lose.

What happened to George Hill?

I can't wait for Danny to get back. PG is playing too many minutes.

A true PG is not going to stop our TO problem. Because once again against the Heat it wasn't their FAULT

In our combined 2 games against the Heat our PGs have 3 turnovers against the Heat. They aren't the problem its lazy/stupid passes from our other players.

And for the record that final turnover everybody is blaming on Hill was Georges fault.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

But this 4-4 stretch includes a brutal Western Conference road trip and two games against the Heat. We split the games against the Heat and had a pretty successful road trip. This is probably the roughest stretch of the season. Our record has averaged itself out because there was no way we were going to continue winning at a 16-1 pace.

We split against the Heat, which is what I think everyone would have predicted before these two games. I hate the way we lost tonight and I obviously think that it's going to be very very very hard to actually eliminate them in a series, but overall we're going to be fine.

All of that being said, we MUST get HCA to beat this team. Without HCA, we basically have to win 2 out of 4 in Miami because you have to assume that Miami is going to steal one in Indy. I don't see us beating them bad enough to take the series in 6, and I don't think that we can win a Game 7 in Miami unless every break goes our way. We have to get that HCA and have that Game 7 in Indy. We have to improve our mental game against them too, particularly when we play down there.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh, and I can't wait to see the Heat actually go out West and play some teams.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

I agree, Chalmers didn't play any better tonight. But honestly look back at some of the Pacers-Heat games and tell me you don't have nightmares of Chalmers going around the screen and beating Hill to a layup?
    PACE YOURSELF

27. The Following User Says Thank You to The Godfather For This Useful Post:

Awful job by Hill. PG and West did great. Stephenson had a monster first half. Mahinmi really stepped up (shoutout to his haters), but everyone else was a bit disappointing. We need HCA.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm still sort of split on the last play, could have gone either way. I thought that the game was fairly called. We didn't lose because of the refs, that is something I am certain of.
    @qandrews9428

Quote Originally Posted by Pace Maker View Post
    Don't blame the refs...we lost fair and square.
    Come this is BS. The refs missed Lebrons foot on the side line as he steals the ball in the 3rd qtr. They missed Chalmers pushing Watson over the half court line. They miss Chalmers putting an elbow in Lance's throat. They call Lance for a foul after Wade lands on him on a dunk attempt. They call West for a phantom foul during Lebrons dunk attempt in the 4th. This miss Lebron hands on PG has he shoots the ball to try and tie the game. Those are all points and opportunities taken away from the Pacers. Thats anywhere from 5-10 pts that they have affected. Pacers got an absolute screw job on the road tonight from the officiating crew.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    But this 4-4 stretch includes a brutal Western Conference road trip and two games against the Heat. We split the games against the Heat and had a pretty successful road trip. This is probably the roughest stretch of the season. Our record has averaged itself out because there was no way we were going to continue winning at a 16-1 pace.

We split against the Heat, which is what I think everyone would have predicted before these two games. I hate the way we lost tonight and I obviously think that it's going to be very very very hard to actually eliminate them in a series, but overall we're going to be fine.

All of that being said, we MUST get HCA to beat this team. Without HCA, we basically have to win 2 out of 4 in Miami because you have to assume that Miami is going to steal one in Indy. I don't see us beating them bad enough to take the series in 6, and I don't think that we can win a Game 7 in Miami unless every break goes our way. We have to get that HCA and have that Game 7 in Indy. We have to improve our mental game against them too, particularly when we play down there.
    The Pacers haven't played well in the past three games. It is a concerning trend. Houston is no slouch.

This team is not winning a championship with this roster. You can't win a championship with only one wing who can dribble the ball, it's really that simple.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon Theodore For This Useful Post:

The issue with the officials is they were whistle happy most of the game until what was, in my opinion, the most obvious foul of the game. Then you swallow your whistle? What gives?
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Sports Logo

We lost to the defending champs, It's a long season and we'll get em next time.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The offensive execution when we were down 1 was solid, just a poor pass by George Hill. I honestly think George Hill should have pulled up for 3 on the last possession since they didn't foul.
    @qandrews9428

Should never have been in the position to have a missed call at the end. We had a lot of wide open misses and bad turnovers. We live to fight another day. Will be very interesting to see what Granger gives us. If he gives us anything like Scola that's gravy, anything more? That's gold.
    PACE YOURSELF

39. The Following User Says Thank You to The Godfather For This Useful Post: