Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread - Pacers @ Heat 12/18

Sports Logo

Default Post Game Thread - Pacers @ Heat 12/18

Pacers lose.

Can someone explain to me how LeDecision putting his hands on the waist of PG24 in the air not count as a foul?

Thoughts?

Complain here.....
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers @ Heat 12/18

What the heck is up with George Hill lately?

Frank should have pulled Roy with his 4th foul.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

Epic choke job. This team is fragile and soft. You have to finish in a hostile environment to be a champion.

I'm sorry George Hill apologists. It would be nice to have a pg who could get our players open shots and not throw the ball away at the end of the game.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Bron Rules. Its the new old NBA. Used to be Jordan Rules. If you are those guys you can get away with anything.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hoopsforlife For This Useful Post:

Seriously, how did we lose that game?

Banned

Why is Frank calling such a complicated play when we only need a 2 to win? why give the ball to George Hill knowing that Hill was sucking? so many questions because I'm mad

Sports Logo

Well, that was a disappointing way to lose.

We had our chances to win the game. We just didn't get it done. The team battled hard throughout the game but the Heat crowd managed to elevate their team (much like our crowd does when we play them in Indiana). The Heat came up with big shots and took advantage of Roy's 5 fouls. We didn't match their big shots, unfortunately.

This is our first back-to-back losses of the season. Let's hope that we can rebound from it against the Rockets.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

We are the better team. But the NBA is never going to let us win a series against the Miami heat.

Im disgusted beyond belief.

We won't win anything until we get over being soft as could be and stop beating ourselves.

Also, George Hill. My goodness. I have no other words
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Epic choke job. This team is fragile and soft. You have to finish in a hostile environment to be a champion.
    The Pacers are not fragile and soft. But we did beat ourselves tonight.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

Hill will be why we lose to the Heat yet again this postseason.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm pissed off because I hate losing to these d-bags, but it took a lot of favorable officiating for Miami to pull this out of their asses.

We're better than them and will prove it in the playoffs.

21. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Don't blame the refs...we lost fair and square.

-In crunch time we were super disappointing. Our guards (usually Hill) just overdribble the hell out of the ball and takes out of any rhythm, forcing a terrible shot to beat the clock.

-In tight situations we HAVE to make a concerted effort to get David West the ball. Plain and simple. Great game from him tonight.

-Paul played what I thought was a very solid game within the offense and crashing the boards like I hoped he would, defensively he was pretty bad in the first half but I thought he improved significantly in the second.

-Lance has very good post defense. Lebron could get nothing going trying to post him up. Good game from Lance all around.

-Sucks that Hibbert couldn't get involved in the game because of fouls, the dropoff is noticeable although I thought Mahinmi played well. The 3rd foul was a complete joke, but the 4th and 5th were warranted. Was not a big fan of Frank's decision to leave him out there after the 4th.

-George Hill... On the second to last possession if that pass were thrown better that's either a layup or two free throws. Not an easy play to make, but he's the starting PG for a reason. Errant pass aside, 7 points on 2-8 shooting along with 1 assist isn't cutting it. How many games in a row has he been terrible against Miami now? CJ wasn't much better unfortunately.

-That was the best game I've seen from Wade in a long time. His low post game is deadly.

All in all we're still 20-5, no shame in a hard fought loss on the road. Hopefully our guys respond
    Last edited by Pace Maker; 12-18-2013 at 10:07 PM.
    On the Lance bandwagon

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We obviously must have HCA to beat them in a series. I just don't trust our mental game in close situations in Miami. The mental game is often what decides a playoff series, especially when you're talking about teams that are very even from a talent standpoint. Our offense was just standing around at the end of the game and everyone looked timid.

On the second to last possession (the one that was picked off), I really wish that we would have posted Hibbert up. He could have either abused someone one on one or passed it out of a double team. I know that we wanted to get the ball in PG's hands since he is our best player, but Miami was clearly anticipating it. Plus Roy just has a unique advantage against Miami. I wouldn't have minded going to West either.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-18-2013 at 09:54 PM.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

What terrible offensive execution down the stretch.....we were late getting into anything down the stretch a lot of the possessions we didn't get into anything period.....we over dribbled down the stretch.....0 ball movement....just horrible offense in the final 3-4 minutes of the game....even the baskets we scored were hard bad looks (the David West fade away against the clock, Lance's hard layup over Allen fighting the clock).......I'm sorry but as much as I love Paul George he is not MVP caliber yet....when plays needed to be made either for himself or for a teammate they just simply weren't made and when he tried to make them it usually lead to our worst possessions down the stretch where he was over dribbling.

Sigh such a disappointing lose we just did not match their energy down the stretch and most importantly didn't match their execution.
    Last edited by VideoVandal; 12-18-2013 at 09:53 PM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to VideoVandal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    We are the better team. But the NBA is never going to let us win a series against the Miami heat.
    No, that isn't true. The refs had nothing to do with this loss. The Pacers crumbled.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not concerned much, if the Pacers had gotten blown out I would've been. Also PG seemed to get out his funk as well.

Wade and LeBron were just too much, and too many damn turnovers, would love to get Lance and PG together and tell them to improve the ball handling, silly passes, etc.

I don't trust a game 7 in Miami much official wise, pretty much in the 1st half it was pretty fair or even a bit of benefit to the Pacers, the 2nd half was silly, I knew LeBron was not going to get another foul.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

And just like that, Miami is only one game behind us in the Eastern Conference without even trying in half of their games.

Hill needs to get relegated to the bench. If we can somehow snag Dragic from the Suns, I would believe in this team more.

Miami needed "Vintage Wade" who shows up once out of every 5 games.

Honestly though, Hill had no business touching that ball in that possession. Put the ball in Lance (who had Ray Allen on him) or George's hands from the get-go.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Why is Frank calling such a complicated play when we only need a 2 to win? why give the ball to George Hill knowing that Hill was sucking? so many questions because I'm mad
    Frank was off his game because he was sick??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Is it shocking to know that we've lost to teams with good point guards? Chalmers always outplays Hill. I am still trying to figure out why Hill has a starting job with this team.
    PACE YOURSELF

37. The Following User Says Thank You to The Godfather For This Useful Post:

Thought officiating was good and even. Roy has been sloppy with his technique last 2 games. Bringing his arms down and brushing out a bit too much instead of staying vertical. I had no problems with the calls in this game, really.

George Hill's hesitation upon catching the ball remains disappointing. I have no problems with him driving and missing midrange or closerange shots. It's so much better than when he plays hesitantly and overdribbles, turns it over or misses because he takes a shot with confidence.

God, I feel terrible saying this, but David West has to hit that shot he missed at the end. Yeah, this team is NOWHERE without West tonight, and it's odds playing out for hitting some of the more improbable ones he did. But he had a wide open, uncontested 8-footer and missed. Can't do that in crunch time in a game like this.

Long story short, I think Pacers lose this game because Vogel had to ride starters for too long. West, George had stretches where they looked EXHAUSTED, and throw in an ice-cold Hibbert, it isn't too terribly surprising.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    They will if we have homecourt. Not saying we automatically win the series if we do, but we have a chance.