Thread: George Karl say Pacers are best team

Default George Karl say Pacers are best team

I was watching ESPN today and George Karl said if he was going to las Vegas to bet on who would come out of the East he would bet on the pacers. He said the Heat had to make adjustments and the Pacers didn't. He thought the Pacers are the better team. comments?
    Good is the enemy of Great

We're changing the identity of our basketball team -- dramatically. We're a power post team -- a blood-and-guts, old-school, smash-mouth team that plays with size, strength, speed and athleticism. We attack the basket. . . . This is the new identity of our team. It was a great effort. I'm very proud of our guys."
    -- Frank Vogel.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to colts19 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: George Karl say Pacers are best team

I like it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DJVendetta For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

We are the better team overall. We need to be the better team in the last 5 minutes of the game. The Heat hang around like HulK Hogan getting beat the whole match and just when you think it's over, gets all energized and wins at the end.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to circlecitysportsfan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Btw, what are they exactly doing with Oden? I remember him playing few minutes in their last preseason game. Are they keeping him in a safe for the playoffs?
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by circlecitysportsfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are the better team overall. We need to be the better team in the last 5 minutes of the game. The Heat hang around like HulK Hogan getting beat the whole match and just when you think it's over, gets all energized and wins at the end.
    Agreed.

If all of our players had ratings like in 2K, then yes, we are a better team than the Heat if you add up the total value of our players and compare it to theirs.

But there are two things that give the Heat a tremendous advantage:

1) In Lebron, they have one of the ten or so greatest players in NBA history who can play at a Jordan-esque level. He can take over a playoff game at any time and there is really nothing you can do about it. Also, in Wade, they have another former Finals MVP who has been looking spry lately. When Wade is killing us like the other night, it's going to be tough to beat them.

2) The Heat are great at the mental game. They know how to score at the end and come up with stops. Now we did win a close Game 2 down there last year, but I'm still a bit worried about our ability to win close games down there, which is why I think that getting HCA against these guys is a must. If we don't have HCA, then we basically have to win 2 out of 4 games in Miami since you have to think that Miami is going to be able to steal a game in Indy. That's too tough, IMO. I don't see us beating them in 6, and I don't see us winning a Game 7 down there unless every little break goes our way and we play a near perfect game. I think that any series with them is going to go 7 games, and we need that Game 7 at home.

Now, despite all of this, we did take them to a Game 7 last year, and by any objective measure we are significantly improved. But completely clearing the hurdle will be a very difficult task.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-20-2013 at 08:25 AM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post: