Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 174

Thread: George Hill problem ?

  1. #26
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,586

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    He needs to be brought off the bench as the backup 2 where we can make him aggressive. Hes too damn passive offensively as the PG.

    His defense is consistently laughably bad, but he needs a role where he's encouraged to shoot. Even if he's missing, at least he'll kind of look useful.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    As George Hill's biggest fan(I'm tied with mattie) I have to say that I'm disappointed with him, he is killing me slowly

  4. #28

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suppose. He played fine against the Heat last year. Why don't you try breaking down his game if you think your opinion is so based on fact
    Excuse me??? Cole and Chalmers had their way against Hill all series last year. Hill struggled to even bring the ball up the court without turning it over last year and we all know that the next time Hill successfully feeds the post will be the first time. Hill is a highly overpaid backup combo guard whom we should have never given up Leonard's rights for.

  5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  6. #29
    Member Jon Theodore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,755

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    Watson is way worse a PG than Ghill...seriously how can people say start Watson that is a joke. I am done with Ghill, but the last thing i wanna see is Watson starting, he can't pass for ****.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

  7. #30
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,905

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    Everyone had to come back with an improved game this season and Hill has regressed.

  8. #31

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Excuse me??? Cole and Chalmers had their way against Hill all series last year. Hill struggled to even bring the ball up the court without turning it over last year and we all know that the next time Hill successfully feeds the post will be the first time. Hill is a highly overpaid backup combo guard whom we should have never given up Leonard's rights for.
    He had a 2 to 1 assist to TO ratio and averaged double digits.

    More condescension


  9. #32
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,905

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He had a 2 to 1 assist to TO ratio and averaged double digits. What series did you watch?
    And how many times did we get into our offense with less than 10 seconds left on the shot clock because he can barely bring the ball up the court when facing pressure?

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Magic P For This Useful Post:


  11. #33
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    I personally think that Hill is struggling a fair bit establishing a new identity for himself given that Stephenson (and PG for that matter) are handling the ball a lot more during most offensive possessions.

    He has shown bursts of aggression. I think he'll rebound from this, and soon people will be hailing him as the hero.

    However, I've said it quite a few times (and most people dismissed the idea): I wouldn't be surprised if Hill is the trade that's being conceived here as a potential strategy to ensure Lance is locked up with us for the long run. He's clearly emerging into a better player, pound for pound.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  13. #34

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And how many times did we get into our offense with less than 10 seconds left on the shot clock because he can barely bring the ball up the court when facing pressure?
    Newsflash Miami does that to everybody

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:


  15. #35

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    You actually think a 2 to 1 assist to To ratio is good. He is not a good point guard and never will be. Popovich liked him but did not use him anywhere close to how we use him. He played some backup minutes at point and backup shooting guard mostly. You think he would give us Leonard back to get Hill . He knew exactly what he was doing when he got rid of Hill.

  16. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    Quote Originally Posted by docpaul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I personally think that Hill is struggling a fair bit establishing a new identity for himself given that Stephenson (and PG for that matter) are handling the ball a lot more during most offensive possessions.

    He has shown bursts of aggression. I think he'll rebound from this, and soon people will be hailing him as the hero.

    However, I've said it quite a few times (and most people dismissed the idea): I wouldn't be surprised if Hill is the trade that's being conceived here as a potential strategy to ensure Lance is locked up with us for the long run. He's clearly emerging into a better player, pound for pound.
    The only way I'm ok with him getting traded is if we get Rondo or somebody like that.

  17. #37

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You actually think a 2 to 1 assist to To ratio is good. He is not a good point guard and never will be. Popovich liked him but did not use him anywhere close to how we use him. He played some backup minutes at point and backup shooting guard mostly. You think he would give us Leonard back to get Hill . He knew exactly what he was doing when he got rid of Hill.


    Seriously, man...

    He wasn't trading a player he thought was useless. They were trading a position they were set at for a need. Its not rocket science. Teams do it all the time. Hell we did it when we traded Leonard.

    And yeah a 2 to 1 assist to ratio is damn good against one of the best defenses in the league. On a team that is reliant on ball movement from everybody to get their shots.

    No matter how many times you say Hill is bad, it doesn't become evidence to that fact. Break down his game or mention some stats otherwise you are just being a hater

  18. #38
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,905

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Newsflash Miami does that to everybody
    Newsflash, they didn't do that tonight and Hill still didn't get us into any offense until late in the shot clock

  19. #39
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    This team would be darn near unstoppable with Kawhi Leonard. Trades like this are why the Spurs are the Spurs and the Pacers are at best close but no cigar.

  20. #40

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Newsflash, they didn't do that tonight and Hill still didn't get us into any offense until late in the shot clock
    If you mean in the second half, sorta hard to when nobody is moving and your C is an offensive liability. But don't let facts get in the way of your hate

  21. #41

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    He cant keep ANY point guard in front him. No matter what the point guard does he gets around him and our defense has to collapse to help him. Screen or no screen the PG just runs right around him and on to Roy or DWest.

    And can you hit and open shot FFS, I aint asking you to be Westbrook but man 40 million dollars you gotta do something

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Powww For This Useful Post:


  23. #42
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This team would be darn near unstoppable with Kawhi Leonard. Trades like this are why the Spurs are the Spurs and the Pacers are at best close but no cigar.
    Dude. Kawhi Leonard would have been more deeply buried in a position of strength for us, especially at the time when we thought that Granger was healthy/well.

    It was the right move, at the right time. You can only make calls with the information you have at the time you make them.

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  25. #43
    PD Magician Magic P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,905

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you mean in the second half, sorta hard to when nobody is moving and your C is an offensive liability. But don't let facts get in the way of your hate
    I didn't know telling the truth about someone was considered hate

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Magic P For This Useful Post:


  27. #44
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    Pacers need to run more plays for Hill. When he attacks, I really like our chances. He started aggressive tonight.
    @qandrews9428

  28. #45

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suppose. He played fine against the Heat last year. Why don't you try breaking down his game if you think your opinion is so based on fact
    He gives inconsistent effort. Cannot iniciate offense, can't feed the post, can't defend any decent point guard, is not a leader, is a terrible decision maker and has no passion. He reminds me of the YMCA player who always claims he plays better stoned. He is in his own little world.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:


  30. #46

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic P View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't know telling the truth about someone was considered hate
    Just because you say it, doesn't make it the truth. Numbers and facts don't back you up on this.

  31. #47
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    20-5 guys, 20-5.


    Is Hill the worst of our 5 starters? Yes. Do we probably have the best starting 5 in the NBA? Yes, certainly top two.


    so what is the problem? Nothing.

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  33. #48
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?



    I know some of you are already tired of seeing so much red in these threads, but my goodness, it's going to keep happening if so many people are going to litter them with condescending remarks and namecalling. CLEAN IT UP. You can give an opinion without that stuff!


  34. #49
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    20-5 guys, 20-5.


    Is Hill the worst of our 5 starters? Yes. Do we probably have the best starting 5 in the NBA? Yes, certainly top two.


    so what is the problem? Nothing.
    6-4 in our last ten and 2-3 over our last five.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:


  36. #50

    Default Re: George Hill problem ?

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He gives inconsistent effort. Cannot iniciate offense, can't feed the post, can't defend any decent point guard, is not a leader, is a terrible decision maker and has no passion. He reminds me of the YMCA player who always claims he plays better stoned. He is in his own little world.
    Exaggerating that badly only further shows you can't actually state what is wrong with Hill and are just blindly hating.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •