Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: George Hill problem ?

Default George Hill problem ?

He really playing bad this season! needs to step up 0.00000001% at least.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to funk31 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: George Hill problem ?

He's playing like a wimp. I just refer to him as "Aw Shucks" George Hill when he looks like this. Layup is better option than that horrendous pass to the corner he tried to make, and he looked for his shot maybe 3 or 4 times all game. He's way too willing to be pass up shots, be passive, and his defense doesn't justify it.

What sucks is that when he steps into shots decisively, he usually sinks them.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

We were so stuck when he had the ball in his hands tonight. Killing the clock. Ball 28 ft from the basket. Damn I wish he would just put his head down and go to the basket as opposed to doing a superb Travis Best pounding nails impersonation.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seeker80 For This Useful Post:

misses a lot of open 3s, beaten by almost every pg of opposing team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's playing like a wimp. I just refer to him as "Aw Shucks" George Hill when he looks like this. Layup is better option than that horrendous pass to the corner he tried to make, and he looked for his shot maybe 3 or 4 times all game. He's way too willing to be pass up shots, be passive, and his defense doesn't justify it.

What sucks is that when he steps into shots decisively, he usually sinks them.
    QFT, Don't understand why either, he knows we win games when he is aggressive, but he just plays with no fire, I think he is reading to much Pacers Digest about him not being a PG and passing to much. But Hill is perfect when he attacking the basket

9. The Following User Says Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

We have more of a Hibbert problem than a George Hill Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    We have more of a Hibbert problem than a George Hill Problem
    why ?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to funk31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I've looooong been a George Hill supporter..but he's played poorly this year. He's lacked aggressiveness/decisiveness, and his defense has been inconsistent. I am not too much fan of a fan of Lance but he's been a better point guard while playing the two, than Hill has.

Hopefully it's just a slow start, but Hill's inconsistent play is quite frustrating for such a veteran player who has demonstrated the ability to be quite good.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

Right now, Hill is the 5th option in a very talented Pacers' lineup. I think it hurts his aggressiveness because he doesn't have a clear role except for spot-up shooter. Nevertheless, he has to work on his passing and handles. Sometimes, he dribbles the ball like it's soaked in oil.

Hill is so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    QFT, Don't understand why either, he knows we win games when he is aggressive, but he just plays with no fire, I think he is reading to much Pacers Digest about him not being a PG and passing to much. But Hill is perfect when he attacking the basket
    He doesn't even need to be a "true PG" on this team. I'm totally fine if initiating the offense is distributed between Lance, Hill and PG. Problem is, if he's not going to initiate, he can't just back off entirely...and too often, he does. Also losing count of how many times he catches the ball with an open look for three but hesitates instead of stepping into it right away...then misses.

If anyone kept such micro stats, I'd be fascinated to see his 3P% stepping into a shot versus hesitating. It has to be an incredible statistical swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Have you seen Hibbert play lately?
    i watched all game this season.

Condescending

he is the weak link of the starting 5. Go look back at all our games when we face a good point guard.. see anything in common? That point guard has a great game. Hill gives it his all and truly wants to help this team, but he doesn't come up big when it matters. He'll give you the occasional game or two that leaves you wondering if you had it all wrong, but then you quickly remember why you want to upgrade that position when we play against a good team. For someone with his athleticism, he sure does let his players past him quite a bit, which is a little perplexing. He isn't much of a creator, he over dribbles while looking for a good play/pass, but he doesn't have the vision necessary to make good plays. I do NOT dislike him, i just don't think he's a starter for a championship caliber team, unless they change his role and let Lance handle the ball more, or if somehow he was a 6th man, or just flat out trading him.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to luis3ep For This Useful Post:

You don't pay someone 8 million dollars to not be good at anything. If you cant pass, shoot, or not turn the ball over you have no business making that kind of money. I've had it with Hill.
    PACE YOURSELF

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Godfather For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    You don't pay someone 8 million dollars to not be good at anything. If you cant pass, shoot, or not turn the ball over you have no business making that kind of money. I've had it with Hill.
    Totally agree, i don't dislike him, he just need to play little better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    I think he's fine for this team. He just plays scared vs the Heat. He always comes up short in this series.

George Hill is officially whipped. Let's ignore that Paul had a ****** *** game, and Hibbert barely played because of fouls. Let's blame everything on Hill because Paul took forever to realize he should cut to the basket.

Honestly I would rather roll with Stephenson/PG/Granger/West/Hibbert as starters.

Stephenson is a better passer.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:

Been saying it for years.

Condescending

Yes, Hill can be solid when he's aggressive and shows any kind of passion on the court. But the majority of the time, he's clearly our weakest link. And outside of Indy, people understand we need an upgrade at the point guard position.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    George Hill is officially whipped. Let's ignore that Paul had a ****** *** game, and Hibbert barely played because of fouls. Let's blame everything on Hill because Paul took forever to realize he should cut to the basket.
    I don't really think you can argue, with a straight face, that George played as bad or worse than Hill. It's fair to criticize Hill tonight, and in this series. He continues to have zero impact in this specific series.

Hill is not a point guard. Can't run a team, can't feed the post and besides what many people think is not a good defender. The Pacers would be scary good if they had a real top flight point running the show. I think Watson would be better with Hill coming off the bench with the second unit. Maybe he would look to score more with that group. But we know it won't happen with the rediculous contract they gave Hill.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    Hill is not a point guard. Can't run a team, can't feed the post and besides what many people think is not a good defender. The Pacers would be scary good if they had a real top flight point running the show. I think Watson would be better with Hill coming off the bench with the second unit. Maybe he would look to score more with that group. But we know it won't happen with the rediculous contract they gave Hill.
    Actually, it won't happen because Watson is not a starting PG. Watson probably had the worst performance of any Pacer tonight.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Give us Leonard back...is there a refund policy?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

You think he's fine for this team yet he plays scared against the Heat. Some of you make me laugh out loud. You would defend anything just because you like the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    You think he's fine for this team yet he plays scared against the Heat. Some of you make me laugh out loud. You would defend anything just because you like the guy.
    I suppose. He played fine against the Heat last year. Why don't you try breaking down his game if you think your opinion is so based on fact