Thread: Pat Angerer to IR

Default Pat Angerer to IR

The Indianapolis Colts today agreed to terms with running back Shaun Draughn and placed inside linebacker Pat Angerer on Injured Reserve.

Draughn, 6-0, 205 pounds, has appeared in 20 career games, rushing 63 times for 235 yards and two touchdowns, while catching 24 passes for 158 yards. He has also returned 25 kickoffs for 590 yards (23.6 avg.). Draughn was originally signed by the Washington Redskins as an undrafted free agent on July 28, 2011 before joining the Kansas City Chiefs practice squad on October 5. He was then elevated to the active roster on December 31 and was waived on August 31, 2013. Draughn was signed by the Baltimore Ravens on September 11 and played in three games, returning two kicks for 53 yards (26.5 avg.). He was waived by the Ravens on October 10.

Angerer played in 11 games (nine starts) this season and totaled 87 tackles (48 solo), a half of a sack, two passes defensed and an interception. For his career, he has appeared in 54 games (39 starts), recording 365 tackles (203 solo), 2.5 sacks, eight passes defensed, four forced fumbles, one fumble recovery and two interceptions.
    http://blogs.colts.com/2013/12/17/in...ster-moves-43/

Default Re: Pat Angerer to IR

Goodbye Pat, you're just a little too slow for this scheme.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis...th-knee-injury

DIANAPOLIS -- Indianapolis Colts linebacker Pat Angerer tried to play through the pain in his knee. But in the end, the pain was too much for him to overcome.

The Colts placed Angerer on injured reserve -- and likely ended his career with the team -- on Tuesday. Angerer, who will be a free agent in the offseason, will have surgery on his knee.

The Colts and Angerer wanted to avoid placing him on IR, but they both agreed this was the best decision for everybody.

It's been an interesting past few weeks for Angerer, who led the Colts in tackles with 146 two years ago.

He started the first nine games he played in this season, but a sign of things to come happened when he didn’t start against Tennessee on Dec. 1 and Cincinnati the following week. Angerer only played 22 snaps against the Bengals and was inactive for Sunday's game against the Houston Texans. Kelvin Sheppard replaced Angerer in the starting lineup.

“They’ve all been kind of up and down, in and out,” Colts coach Chuck Pagano said. “We got Kavell [Conner] back from an ankle injury. Special teams always plays a big part in that. Kavell is a special-teams [guy], plays on all the special teams, and played well [Sunday]. A lot of those things factor into the roster mechanics as they go, trying to find who is going to be up and who is going to be down. It’s fluid.”

The Colts signed running back Shaun Draughn to take Angerer's spot on the roster
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

RWB

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Good luck in a scheme that you fit Pat. Continue being a True American. Maybe you and Kavell Conner can talk about how this coaching staff destroyed your value.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He won't be out of work. He fits the mold that several teams like in their linebackers. My guess is the Cardinals.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He won't be out of work. He fits the mold that several teams like in their linebackers. My guess is the Cardinals.
    I could see Dallas having a look at him
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah he would fit there too. I say Cardinals because of the Arians connection. SD makes sense too with the Telesco connection. NFL guys love bringing in players they are familiar with.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought at first his last Sunday's non inclusion to the squad was a personnel decision and not injury related. I applauded them for finally realizing he is bad and slow in coverage. Turns out, wasn't that the reason.

Good luck to the guy and wish him a healthy rehabilitation nonetheless.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Mood

I liked him as a player but he just doesn't have what it takes to be in our defensive scheme. I hope he lands somewhere that has a defense better suited to display his strengths and limit his weakness, which is covering the TE or RB in passing downs.