Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also Paul had some problems with Josh Smith in the first round of the playoffs last season.

Bottom line if Josh Smith wasn't Josh Smith he would be one of the very best players in the NBA. He is as talented as anyone in the NBA. When he is right he is as good as anyone. (reminds me of Derrick Coleman in that way).

I want to also say that I was extremely impressed with Kentavious Caldwell-Pope's defense. He was impressive.
    That is the reason he was so high on my draft board. That kid is such a good defender. He is great on the ball and might even be better off the ball. The thing I love the most about him is how committed he was on such a bad college team kid always plays hard. He is going to be scary when he starts hitting shots. I had him as a top 5 player in the draft. He hasn't played well yet, but I still believe he will flourish once he has more seasoning. He is already a good player simply because he is a fantastic defender.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Until the Pacers lose about 5 in a row I"m not going to get overly worried about their play. However I really feel that will not happen this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    Until the Pacers lose about 5 in a row I"m not going to get overly worried about their play. However I really feel that will not happen this year.
    Although, we could potentially be looking at the first losing streak tomorrow. Let's hope not.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    Our tough stretch continues with Miami and Houston followed by Boston and two games with Brooklyn. We could have a rough end to December but I seriously doubt we will lose 5 in a row. Heck, we have yet to lose 2 in a row after playing the Clippers, Portland, San Antonio and OKC. The upcoming games (except for Miami) should be a bit easier even if we don't have many cup cakes. Really, it's good for development afaic.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    Although, we could potentially be looking at the first losing streak tomorrow. Let's hope not.
    It's definitely a sign of how far we've come that some people are concerned that the Pacers might hit a 2-game losing streak
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post: