Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

I feel if Roy feels he can't get the bunnies, why don't he just dunk the ball! Guaranteed 2 points..you're 7'2 for C-sake.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 31Since1990 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cinotimz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope Roy and David are feeling a bit embarassed tonite...by their play on both ends...
    They had to deal with a really tough Frontcourt rotation of Drummond, Monroe, Smith and Harrellson.....all 4 of them outrebounded the entire Pacers roster themselves. They are all very active and Big Frontcourt Players.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    4-3 since the 16-1 start.
    Blow it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Goyle View Post
    Blow it up.
    More like WAKE UP.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I didn't get to watch the game because it was blacked out in the Detroit media market on League Pass, which I have the extremely unfortunate pleasure to live in. Why would they do that if the game was in Indianapolis? I get blacked out of every Pistons and Cavaliers game.
    Isn't it common for NBALP to black out Teams that play in your TV Market?

I guess is sucks cuz you get a double-whammy cuz you are located in an area ( I assume ) is covered by the Pistons and Cavs....but whenever the Pacers play the Warriors....it's blacked out on NBALP for me. I thought that this is just normal

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

I'm still catching up here, but good lord we need to COOL IT with the personal attacks at one another; give your opinions, and leave it at that, please!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Hopefully this means no more "lol Josh Smith/Brandon Jennings/Joe Dumars sucks" posts on PD. Pistons aren't bad now and if they can pull of a trade they could be a big time spoiler in the East.

Zach Lowe predicted this little slump for PG last month. His mid range percentages were unsustainable.

We played absolutely terribly and still had a little sliver of a chance to pull it out in the end. Was definitely an annoying game to watch, especially because I absolutely hate the Pistons, but you can't win em all.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Additionally, if anyone just can't stand anyone else, please just use our ignore poster feature. You won't see their posts, and now you don't even have to read them when somebody quotes them, either. Thanks.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

More like WAKE UP.
    Okay....I am guessing that your post warrants some merit. Looking solely at this game.....we know why we lost ( Lost on the Boards, PG24 and Hibbert couldn't score when not on the FT line, etc. )...but could you elaborate on this....wake up....but wake up from what?

Was the 20-4 start an illusion brought up by a weaker schedule? Our Starters aren't as consistent as they should be? Our defense isn't as good as we think it is?

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Okay....I am guessing that your post warrants some merit. Looking solely at this game.....we know why we lost ( Lost on the Boards, PG24 and Hibbert couldn't score when not on the FT line, etc. )...but could you elaborate on this....wake up....but wake up from what?

Was the 20-4 start an illusion brought up by a weaker schedule? Our Starters aren't as consistent as they should be? Our defense isn't as good as we think it is?
    I'm seeing lethargic play and more porous defense in the past two games, especially from Paul George and George Hill.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    Hopefully this means no more "lol Josh Smith/Brandon Jennings/Joe Dumars sucks" posts on PD. Pistons aren't bad now and if they can pull of a trade they could be a big time spoiler in the East.

Zach Lowe predicted this little slump for PG last month. His mid range percentages were unsustainable.

We played absolutely terribly and still had a little sliver of a chance to pull it out in the end. Was definitely an annoying game to watch, especially because I absolutely hate the Pistons, but you can't win em all.
    I really think that his finger is still injured or still bothering him. I can see PG24 coming down to Earth from a jumpshot POV.....but being 10 for 37 is horrible ( that's 27% FG shooting )...even for PG24. I'm not saying that the Heat, Bobcats or Pistons didn't defend him well....I just think that something else would likely explain why he's doing this bad.

Alright, the thread has been combed over now. Good grief. I don't care how much anyone thinks they do or don't need to use the ignore poster feature, it's still a good idea if this is the best you can do when it comes to speaking to one another. Tonight was nothing but deleting some trash and PMing a few people to point out our concerns, but moving forward is these things become habits, infractions are going to follow, and if you read the rules you know it doesn't take many to earn a vacation. Let's step it up, please.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

As for the game, it just wasn't our night, plus it's true they are playing with unacceptable indifference right now.

I'm not worried in the least, but it is disappointing anyway.

Lance was great, Scola was great, and if we could have found one more guy to play at their level I think we could have stolen this despite the ugliness. I predict we beat them in no more than 6 games if we happen to meet in the playoffs. I'd be dumbfounded if it's worse than that.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Josh Smith has always been problematic for the Pacers in the regular season. The Pacers got out hustled tonight and I would hate to see these guys in the first round, but I am confident the Pacers would still come out on top.

Now learn from this and get back in gear and beat the Floppers.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I really think that his finger is still injured or still bothering him. I can see PG24 coming down to Earth from a jumpshot POV.....but being 10 for 37 is horrible ( that's 27% FG shooting )...even for PG24. I'm not saying that the Heat, Bobcats or Pistons didn't defend him well....I just think that something else would likely explain why he's doing this bad.
    I hadn't heard about the finger but that makes sense. I think part of it is exactly what you just said: the Heat, Bobcats and Pistons. Those teams all defend very well on the wings, possibly three of the best in the league.

Another thing that Quinn pointed out that I agree with is that Paul isn't getting his feet under him on his shots. He's shuffling and sliding more than he was before.

I'm not too worried about it long term, but I'm hoping he gets it all worked out soon.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    As for the game, it just wasn't our night, plus it's true they are playing with unacceptable indifference right now.

I'm not worried in the least, but it is disappointing anyway.

Lance was great, Scola was great, and if we could have found one more guy to play at their level I think we could have stolen this despite the ugliness. I predict we beat them in no more than 6 games if we happen to meet in the playoffs. I'd be dumbfounded if it's worse than that.
    Tonight just wasn't meant to be on the offensive end for Hibbert, PG24 and West. Re-Watch the game....as I said in the opening post.....the Rim WAS REALLY unkind to the 3 of them. Shots that they would regularly make this season were just rimming out for them .

Also...GH was off as well...but at least he gave up shooting after 6 FGA.

Lance was the only bright spot on the offensive end in the shooting end ( 9-14 ). PG24 got to the line at 8-8....but the rest of the Starters were a horrific 14-45 ( 31% ) shooting from the field. We're not going to win anything when 4 of our 5 Starters aren't hitting their shots.
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-17-2013 at 12:52 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    I hadn't heard about the finger but that makes sense. I think part of it is exactly what you just said: the Heat, Bobcats and Pistons. Those teams all defend very well on the wings, possibly three of the best in the league.

Another thing that Quinn pointed out that I agree with is that Paul isn't getting his feet under him on his shots. He's shuffling and sliding more than he was before.

I'm not too worried about it long term, but I'm hoping he gets it all worked out soon.
    Someone will need to confirm....but I am pretty sure he hurt it against the Bobcats. He shot horribly against the Heat....but the entire Team had focused on him on the defensive end.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Josh Smith has always been problematic for the Pacers in the regular season. The Pacers got out hustled tonight and I would hate to see these guys in the first round, but I am confident the Pacers would still come out on top.

Now learn from this and get back in gear and beat the Floppers.
    Just like there is a "Good Lance" and "Bad Lance", there is a "Good JSmoove" ( when he's hitting his mid range jumpshots ) and then there's "Bad JSmoove" ( when you have no idea why he's shooting like the way that he's shooting ). This game...he hit a 6 of his 12 shots from 12+ feet.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I'm seeing lethargic play and more porous defense in the past two games, especially from Paul George and George Hill.
    But it's just 2 games . I agree with you that they have been playing like this for the last 2 games and that I hope that it is not a trend.

What I agree with you is that this Team does not play consistently from game to game and from situation from situation ( hence loss of games like these )....but overall, throughout the entire course of the season so far....I think that we have been doing very well.

If anything, we should "wake up" from is that we shouldn't be taking any Team for granted....something that I can see many of us PD members that have been overconfident about due to the amazing start that we have seen so far.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    I feel if Roy feels he can't get the bunnies, why don't he just dunk the ball! Guaranteed 2 points..you're 7'2 for C-sake.
    It's not like Hibbert is standing in the paint all by himself. He was often trapped inside the "Monroe and Drummond" forrest along with the rest of the Pistons Team collapsing on him inside the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post

After reading Bird's latest interview in which he compared George Hill with Dennis Johnson, I'm pretty sure that he'd re-sign him.

BUT would he have given Hill a 5 year 40 mil contract while bidding against himself like Walsh did? I think not.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The funny thing is, I thought we played Portland better than either Miami or Indiana.

Oh well, a win's a win.

The only encouraging thing I take away from this game was that josh smith has spent the last two games now getting his *** in the post. Even when he's being backed off, he isn't settling.

I'm also becoming increasingly aware that the only guy keeping josh smith out of the paint is josh smith. He backs down quicker forwards and blows by bigger ones.

Just a meaningless December contest. This team is way too young and inexperienced to feel good about anything right now.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    BUT would he have given Hill a 5 year 40 mil contract while bidding against himself like Walsh did? I think not.
    I think Larry would have handled everything better last summer and I think he would have been more apt to pay the market value for Hill rather then to set the market value above what any other team would have paid. I think he means it when he says he'll offer Lance a fair contract but isn't afraid to go another direction next summer.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    The funny thing is, I thought we played Portland better than either Miami or Indiana.

Oh well, a win's a win.

The only encouraging thing I take away from this game was that josh smith has spent the last two games now getting his *** in the post. Even when he's being backed off, he isn't settling.

I'm also becoming increasingly aware that the only guy keeping josh smith out of the paint is josh smith. He backs down quicker forwards and blows by bigger ones.

Just a meaningless December contest. This team is way too young and inexperienced to feel good about anything right now.
    You're one of the most objective posters on here. It's good to have a non Pacers viewpoint on the forum.

Took a camera to a game for the first time in a while. Guess I won't be doing that again any time soon. #jinx #itsonlycrazyifitdoesntwork

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

39. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked