Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 180

Thread: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

  1. #51

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    How are George Hill, Ray Allen, Mario Chalmers, and Rajon Rondo ahead of Lance Stephenson for all-star voting?

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,133

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not true. I wasn't happy after the Charlotte win.
    This was your first post in the Charlotte post-game thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reminded me of the Philly and Toronto games.

    Not too concerned, this team gets up to play the big boys usually and that bodes well for the playoffs.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  5. #53
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by brownjake43 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hoosierguy, not trying to insult you here at all. Just wondering. If the Pacers goal is to get the 1-seed (but can't achieve that because of this loss), and Miami is not trying to get the one seed (so they will also have these types of losses due to lack of effort as you say, but it doesn't matter to them). Who is getting the one seed?
    Miami is going to fall into a lot of wins because they are just darn good- better than the Pacers in my view. When you have LeBron James at his peak your team is going to win around 60 games. The Pacers need to win 65 in my view to get the #1 seed. That does not leave much margin for error.

  6. #54
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This was your first post in the Charlotte post-game thread:
    Not too concerned but not thrilled either. Tonight's game revealed that the Charlotte game was a symptom of something more severe.

  7. #55
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,133

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well we had a chance to let GH walk and sign Lou Williams 2 off seasons ago. They chose to re-sign GH. Walshes move, not sure if Bird would've been so quick to re-sign GH.
    After reading Bird's latest interview in which he compared George Hill with Dennis Johnson, I'm pretty sure that he'd re-sign him.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  9. #56

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miami is going to fall into a lot of wins because they are just darn good- better than the Pacers in my view. When you have LeBron James at his peak your team is going to win around 60 games. The Pacers need to win 65 in my view to get the #1 seed. That does not leave much margin for error.
    I think Miami loses this Friday against Sacramento. Just me. Anyways, Sixers lost bad tonight and Joe Johnson hit 10 3 pointers. Hilarious ******.

  10. #57

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miami is going to fall into a lot of wins because they are just darn good- better than the Pacers in my view. When you have LeBron James at his peak your team is going to win around 60 games. The Pacers need to win 65 in my view to get the #1 seed. That does not leave much margin for error.
    I agree it is going to be a race to the 1-seed, and this loss hurts. But both teams still have a shot at it. Will be a fun race to watch. While LeBron is hands down the best player in the NBA, if PG plays to his potential he is a top 5 player in the NBA with a supporting cast of Roy Hibbet (top 3 center), Lance Stephenson (playing like an all star), David West, George Hill, Luis Scola, CJ Watson, and possibly Danny Granger. I like our chances to be honest even after this loss. We have a great squad, Miami has the best player in the NBA, Chris Bosh, a worse and worse Dwyane Wade, Chalmers/Cole, and sub-par role players after that.

  11. #58
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,133

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not too concerned but not thrilled either. Tonight's game revealed that the Charlotte game was a symptom of something more severe.
    We don't know what this "more severe" thing is, though. The Charlotte and Detroit games were sandwiched between two Heat games. It's possible to think that the team wanted to put more emphasis into those two Heat games and thus preserve energy in those two games. It's also possible to think that the main reason that we struggled in those two games was the fact that Paul George doesn't seem to be 100%. His injury seems to be limiting him. It could be countless things. We don't know if something is there or if we simply had 2 below par games defensively.

    We will see. The two games against the Heat and the Rockets will say a lot.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  13. #59
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,963

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Guys, we were going to lose some games this year. Pistons are a young team, but they have a lot of talent, and a strong frontcourt. Nothing to be ashamed of. Let's just start another win streak...

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  15. #60

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Not gonna overreact based on where this team is trending, but a few things...

    1. I'm not thrilled with where this team has been (mostly mentally) defensively for the last 4-5 games now. It seems like there are way too many open backdoor cuts, and just some effort/concentration issues atypical of what should be a historic-best defense.

    2. Rebounds remain an issue, though Detroit will outrebound everyone this year.

    3. I understand Paul George is going to have off nights shooting. But it's something more than that these past few games. He's not getting back on D. He's falling asleep on D. He's taking contested threes instead of driving (until later in this game). Fouling because he's getting out of position and losing focus. He just doesn't seem locked in. Now, if anything locks him in, it should be Miami. But if he's going to invite himself into the superstar conversation, he needs to show up at least on one end of the court every night. He's just playing unfocused ball these last few games.

    4. George Hill has to figure out a way to make a mark on the game, too.

    5. What is a 5 count?

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  17. #61
    Bring Back Bender bballpacen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,054

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Moreso for this thread than the turd of a game....

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bballpacen For This Useful Post:


  19. #62
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,621

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys, we were going to lose some games this year. Pistons are a young team, but they have a lot of talent, and a strong frontcourt. Nothing to be ashamed of. Let's just start another win streak...
    NO DUDE **** THAT WE DON'T LOSE TO THE ******* PISTONS THIS WON'T STAND I WANT EVERYONE TRADED BLOW IT UP TRADE FOR DERRICK ROSE'S ACLS

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  21. #63
    Gotta Play Big BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,387

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    The game was a pleasure to watch compared to this thread. Good night...

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  23. #64
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,133

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. I'm not thrilled with where this team has been (mostly mentally) defensively for the last 4-5 games now. It seems like there are way too many open backdoor cuts, and just some effort/concentration issues atypical of what should be a historic-best defense.
    I agree with that. Excluding the Miami game, our defense has looked worse lately. I hope that we get back to our prior levels soon.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  25. #65
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,133

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Are we sure that PG is 100%? He was looking at his injured finger a lot when he was on the bench.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  27. #66

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with that. Excluding the Miami game, our defense has looked worse lately. I hope that we get back to our prior levels soon.
    Good news is, it really does seem to be effort and concentration, not talent. Stop overhelping, stop jumping into shooters, box out, and you shave an easy 10-15 points off these kinda games. I trust this team's level of intellect and chemistry -- compared to other teams I see, they rotate well, don't often put themselves in disadvantageous matchups (granted, personnel helps that). It's really just not falling asleep on backdoor cuts and doing the little things.

  28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:


  29. #67
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,973

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    I wonder how many people in Detroit even watched the Pistons get this huge win? The Lions are playing a huge MNF game tonight.

  30. #68
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,450

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    I honestly don't care if GHill gets a ton of assists every game, but he has to learn that If you can't check your guy on one end of the floor then you gotta make him pay on the other end. I love to see Hill focus on getting his man into foul trouble early in the game. Part of playing good defense is getting your man off the court before you.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  32. #69

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    I watched the Pistons beat the Heat by 10 and take Portland to OT, and also lose often to crap teams.


    They run hot and cold, high energy and low energy, smart and dumb.


    Tonight we got the high energy and smart Pistons, unfortunately, on an off night for us.

    __it happens
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  34. #70
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,201
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly don't care if GHill gets a ton of assists every game, but he has to learn that If you can't check your guy on one end of the floor then you gotta make him pay on the other end. I love to see Hill focus on getting his man into foul trouble early in the game. Part of playing good defense is getting your man off the court before you.
    Agree, aggressive George Hill a couple games ago was a good thing IMO


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  35. #71
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,133

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good news is, it really does seem to be effort and concentration, not talent. Stop overhelping, stop jumping into shooters, box out, and you shave an easy 10-15 points off these kinda games. I trust this team's level of intellect and chemistry -- compared to other teams I see, they rotate well, don't often put themselves in disadvantageous matchups (granted, personnel helps that). It's really just not falling asleep on backdoor cuts and doing the little things.
    It certainly seems to be about effort and concentration. That's why the defense was locked in during the Miami game (excluding the 1st quarter). I just get the feeling that the players themselves do not seem to think that they can play this kind of defense for a full 82-game season. That's why it seems that their intensity is lacking at times. Playing that game of defense game in and game out has to be exhausting.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  36. #72
    Lurking
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    90

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    I haven't liked their body language on the court for the last few games. they just look disinterested compared to earlier in the season. can't quite put a finger on it.

  37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to captainC For This Useful Post:


  38. #73
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,421

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    TRADE EVERYBODY ON THIS THREAD EXCEPT FOR ME
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  39. #74

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    1. Such is what happens when you come out playing lazy and uninspired, that goes for all starters except Lance. Great game from him, we can always count on his energy and effort to be there. Considering this is our first 'disappointing' loss to a pretty talented team there's not much to worry about, I expect our guys to respond.

    2. Paul is in a mini-slump right now, (is it just me or can the dude not buy a clean look lately?), but he's got to find ways to make an impact in the game like he did last year in the semi-finals. He's rebounding has dropped by 2 from last year and he struggles boxing out his bigger matchups, see Carmelo in that early Knicks game or Smith tonight.

    3. I don't understand why people act like it's heresy to question George Hill's role on the team. His limitations with ball handling and passing are one thing, a guy who is here for his scoring isn't blowing me away with 11/4/4 on 40.7% shooting. I also don't buy the elite defensive guard stuff, I've always thought he was very average and routinely struggles to stay in front of quick guards ala Jennings. CJ's defense has impressed me more than Hill's in all honesty. Combine this with consistently being a non-factor against Miami I don't see why people aren't allowed to raise their eyebrows at 8 million per year. I'm not trying to run him out of town or anything, but lets not act like it's completely irrational to chastise Hill.
    On the Lance bandwagon

  40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:


  41. #75
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,450

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we sure that PG is 100%? He was looking at his injured finger a lot when he was on the bench.
    I'm pretty sure he aggravated it during the OKC game. I heard on the radio that his finger is still fat from injuring it on opening night.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  42. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •