Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 180

Thread: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

  1. #26
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    16,987

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was absolutely sure we would come out in the third and turn it around. For the first time all year, the surge just never fully arrived and sustained itself.
    Credit the Pistons for that. That 3 by Jennings was huge and the defensive stop by Josh Smith was big as well.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  3. #27

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate to disappoint you guys but the Pacers can't beat every single team they are supposed to beat.
    THANK YOU

  4. #28

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They always get the benefit of the doubt given their track record of winning titles.
    what doubt? This isn't doubt, he's just giving you facts. You said the Heat can get away with it, then he proved to you they can't, at least not every night

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  6. #29

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Alright well we lost won we should easily win, so Wednesday we have to win one we are supposed to lose. Back-to-Back losses would not be fun to watch when the team is this good. Wednesday means a lot more now in terms of that one seed.

  7. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Vogel didn't do that great of a job either, seriously why would somebody take out the main reason of the Pacers comeback? Watson was doing a better job too why would you take him out when Hill was struggling? you don't take Scola out at that point you just don't.

  8. #31

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    I hated to see Scola come out at all in the 4th. He was beasting, and David was not.

    But HOW do we get KILLED on the boards like that? 55-40? yikes
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  10. #32

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll have confidence if their play warrants it. It's called being objective and not a delusional homer.
    we are 20-4 and all you do is slam our team for losing a game? This is an 82 game season, losing one game isn't a big deal, in fact, its not even a tiny story. My god, calm down, this loss doesn't hurt us, are we not in 1st place in the east?

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  12. #33
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    16,987

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, I am conceding defeat and Friday as well. This team is in a funk and won't get out of it for awhile.
    We will see. I don't claim to be a psychic.

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As I have already stated REPEATEDLY- Miami gets a pass for these types of losses because they don't care about the #1 seed and have two titles.
    Then DON'T STATE that "they can get away with it" because that's just plain wrong. Say that they don't care enough for the #1 seed in order to chase every single win and be done with it. I agree that Miami doesn't care for the #1 seed as much as we do. But saying that they can get away with it when they're playing with no intensity is simply false.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  14. #34
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,463

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what doubt? This isn't doubt, he's just giving you facts. You said the Heat can get away with it, then he proved to you they can't, at least not every night
    The Heat aren't trying to win the #1 seed so they can afford these types of losses. How many times do I have to repeat myself?

  15. #35
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,959

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Jennings really really hurt us. He was a big reason they had so many offensive rebounds. We could not contain him.

    Sure smith hurt us, but I thought Jennings was a bigger key

  16. #36
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    16,987

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vogel didn't do that great of a job either, seriously why would somebody take out the main reason of the Pacers comeback? Watson was doing a better job too why would you take him out when Hill was struggling? you don't take Scola out at that point you just don't.
    I agree that Vogel shouldn't take out Scola.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  17. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jennings really really hurt us. He was a big reason they had so many offensive rebounds. We could not contain him.

    Sure smith hurt us, but I thought Jennings was a bigger key
    I agree, Hill was not able to guard him.

  18. #38

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree that Vogel shouldn't take out Scola.
    agreed, that just wasn't needed

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  20. #39

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll have confidence if their play warrants it. It's called being objective and not a delusional homer.
    Pacers are 20-4. Are main competition, Miami, lost to these guys in Miami. What are you talking about being a homer? Any basketball fan knows the Pacers are contenders. Will say this: our guys seem to take regular season losses a lot tougher than any other team. Watching Frank and GHills interviews and you'd think we lost a playoff game.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to brownjake43 For This Useful Post:


  22. #40
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,463

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol, and your being nothing more than a troll... I am not too familiar with your posts, but your basketball knowledge from my view seems to be very low
    No, that is false. I simply have a different viewpoint than you. Losses to sub .500 teams at home are not acceptable if you want the #1 seed.

  23. #41
    Future Finals MVP? boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    3,934

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Stop insulting people. There seems to be more of it since they put up the new TOS. It doesn't help anything. We're all frustrated with the loss.
    @qandrews9428

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  25. #42
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    16,987

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Heat aren't trying to win the #1 seed so they can afford these types of losses. How many times do I have to repeat myself?
    How about saying this in the first place instead of saying "the Heat can get away with it and we don't" then?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  27. #43

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, that is false. I simply have a different viewpoint than you. Losses to sub .500 teams at home are not acceptable if you want the #1 seed.
    no its not false. Telling someone they are beneath you in every conceivable way? That is just trolling. Go back and find me all of the #1 seeds from the past 20 years. Tell me if they ever lost a game to a sub .500 team. Go back and find all of the NBA champions from the past 20 years and tell me if they have all lost to a sub .500 team. You know what i'll answer it for you... Yes, yes they have, every single one of them

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  29. #44
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,959

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grow up kid. You are an immature little punk that can't refute my points so you just start attacking me. You are beneath me in every conceivable way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree that Vogel shouldn't take out Scola.
    Not too sure. Maybe he was tired he had played the whole 4th. Plus by any measure west is a better defender.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 12-16-2013 at 10:06 PM.

  30. #45
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,520

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    I'm not advocating trading Hill, but in this single game you cannot defend his lack of influence on the game. He could not contain Jennings whatsoever. That's not an easy task by any means, but then you've got to offer something on offense. And if Lance is the pg, then Hill should be providing MORE offense. Yet he's not even looking to score that much.

    Speaking of Stephenson, here's a game (again I emphasize A SINGLE GAME) where I feel like you've got PG, Hill, and Roy doing squat offensively. Maybe let him initiate even more. Look to score or dish even more.

    Hibbert definitely with a tall order with their front line's combo of size and athleticism. In part, though, I think he was just rushing his offensive moves, as if they got into his head - defensive intimidation.

    PG, tough night, but still slightly concerned about this leading the league in 2nd half scoring bit. It could be his demeanor, but sometimes I can't shake the feeling he's just not engaged from an intensity standpoint consistently throughout.

    On the other hand, I liked West, Scola, Lance a lot. CJ was pretty decent too. Let's get back on track in Miami Wed!
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  31. #46
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,463

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no its not false. Telling someone they are beneath you in every conceivable way? That is just trolling. Go back and find me all of the #1 seeds from the past 20 years. Tell me if they ever lost a game to a sub .500 team. Go back and find all of the NBA champions from the past 20 years and tell me if they have all lost to a sub .500 team. You know what i'll answer it for you... Yes, yes they have, every single one of them
    I deleted that part of my post and only made it initially because that kid has been cyber stalking me.

    Until the Pacers win a title they haven't earned the right to mail it in against inferior opponents.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:


  33. #47

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I deleted that part of my post and only made it initially because that kid has been cyber stalking me.

    Until the Pacers win a title they haven't earned the right to mail it in against inferior opponents.
    Well then you need to start paying attention to the NBA a little bit more then, because every team in the NBA every year "mails it in" against inferior opponents at least a couple times

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  35. #48

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jennings really really hurt us. He was a big reason they had so many offensive rebounds. We could not contain him.

    Sure smith hurt us, but I thought Jennings was a bigger key


    Well we had a chance to let GH walk and sign Lou Williams 2 off seasons ago. They chose to re-sign GH. Walshes move, not sure if Bird would've been so quick to re-sign GH.

  36. #49
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,627

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Look at the bright side...this loss will force us to come in strong against Miami. I'd much rather lose to Detroit than Miami
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  37. The Following User Says Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:


  38. #50

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    hoosierguy, not trying to insult you here at all. Just wondering. If the Pacers goal is to get the 1-seed (but can't achieve that because of this loss), and Miami is not trying to get the one seed (so they will also have these types of losses due to lack of effort as you say, but it doesn't matter to them). Who is getting the one seed?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •