Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 180

Thread: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,703

    Sports Logo

    Default Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    I hate losing at Home....much less hate losing to the Pistons.

    A few thoughts:

    Bad:

    - Losing the Offensive Rebounds at 2 to 1 killed us
    - PG24 going 4-14 hurts us....but I suspect his finger is still bothering him
    - Hibbert going 2-12 hurts us.....but he had to deal with both Monroe and Drummond in the low-post

    Good:

    - Lance has a career high in scoring
    - Scola with a season high in scoring

    In the end...I blame the Rims...not the Refs for this loss. The Rims were just not friendly to the Pacers this game. A lot of shots that the Team regularly takes just rimmed right out.

    Comments?
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-16-2013 at 09:40 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  3. #2

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Our 8 million dollar man:
    Hill 2-6, 7 pts, 1 ast

    He has to go.

    Please package him in a deal for Goran Dragic so we can have a real point guard who can make things happen when our offense is stagnant.

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our 8 million dollar man:
    Hill 2-6, 7 pts, 1 ast

    He has to go.

    Please package him in a deal for Goran Dragic so we can have a real point guard who can make things happen when our offense is stagnant.
    You don't trade your point guard when you have the best starting lineup statistically in the entire league.
    @qandrews9428

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:


  7. #4

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our 8 million dollar man:
    Hill 2-6, 7 pts, 1 ast

    He has to go.

    Please package him in a deal for Goran Dragic so we can have a real point guard who can make things happen when our offense is stagnant.
    I find these overreactions hilarious , honestly Stephenson is more of our point guard than Hill is, as evident of his 5.1 apg this season

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  9. #5

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    So I guess you want PG and Hibbert gone, too? They were horrid.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

    Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

  10. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to P_George For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  11. #6
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,177
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Better hide all the sharp objects and anything that goes bang in some of our fellow posters homes tonight. Can't believe some of the reaction on our first "letdown" loss of the season


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorgeHill For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,064

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    There is no question as to what lost us the game. Giving up 20 offensive rebounds will never result in a win.

  14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    The bad: Hibbert was garbage today 6 points and 4 rebounds? seriously? Hill was not that much better either, Ian and OJ? man I wish he had other options, Paul George was meh.


    The good: Lance was a beast, Scola was great, I'm liking Butler but it looks like he is going to the bench next week.

    Bad game overall and when 2 of your best players are playing like crap you pretty much don't have a chance because your backups are not that good.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 12-16-2013 at 09:52 PM.

  16. #9

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no question as to what lost us the game. Giving up 20 offensive rebounds will never result in a win.
    I looked this up for the hell of it because I was curious.

    Since 1985-86 (and including last night's game), the Pacers are 96-72 when letting their opponent get 20 or more offensive rebounds. That record dropped to 94-70 for games in which the Pacers also grabbed less than 20 offensive boards themselves.

    Huh. Wouldn't have guessed that.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:


  18. #10
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I looked this up for the hell of it because I was curious.

    Since 1985-86 (and including last night's game), the Pacers are 96-72 when letting their opponent get 20 or more offensive rebounds. That record dropped to 94-70 for games in which the Pacers also grabbed less than 20 offensive boards themselves.

    Huh. Wouldn't have guessed that.
    That makes some sense to me because as I recall the Reggie teams weren't exactly known for tremendous rebounding.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  20. #11
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    This is the second straight game where this team played lazily and without intensity.

    The Heat can get away with it. The Pacers can't.

    There is no excuse for Roy Hibbert to get pushed around the way he did. He reverted to his rookie self in this game.

  21. #12
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,043

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Heat can get away with it. The Pacers can't.
    If they could get away with it then they would have a better record than us. But they don't.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  23. #13
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they could get away with it then they would have a better record than us. But they don't.
    We'll see how long that lasts. After Wednesday they will be back only one game.

  24. #14
    Big Daddy PaulGeorgeHill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Connersville Indiana
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,177
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We'll see how long that lasts. After Wednesday they will be back only one game.
    Way to have confidence and faith in "your" team


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PaulGeorgeHill For This Useful Post:


  26. #15
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorgeHill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Way to have confidence and faith in "your" team


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'll have confidence if their play warrants it. It's called being objective and not a delusional homer.

  27. #16
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    19,043

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We'll see how long that lasts. After Wednesday they will be back only one game.
    So, you're conceding defeat already?

    Regardless, it doesn't even matter how long it lasts. You said that the Heat can get with it. Well, they haven't been able to get away with it. They lost to the Sixers and to the same Pistons that we lost tonight because they didn't play with enough intensity.

    This is the first loss of our team that has been to a team that we should "technically" beat.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

    Panopticon

    -------------

    CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

    13/4/2014

  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  29. #17
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, you're conceding defeat already?

    Regardless, it doesn't even matter how long it lasts. You said that the Heat can get with it. Well, they haven't been able to get away with it. They lost to the Sixers and to the same Pistons that we lost tonight because they didn't play with enough intensity.

    This is the first loss of our team that has been to a team that we should "technically" beat.
    Yes, I am conceding defeat and Friday as well. This team is in a funk and won't get out of it for awhile.

    As I have already stated REPEATEDLY- Miami gets a pass for these types of losses because they don't care about the #1 seed and have two titles.

  30. #18

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We'll see how long that lasts. After Wednesday they will be back only one game.


    this can be said without the commentary on other posters; thanks

    we played poor but the pistons are a pretty good team

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to granger4mvp For This Useful Post:


  32. #19
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by granger4mvp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow you never stop do you we played poor but the pistons are a pretty good team
    The Pistons are sub .500 and played an overtime game yesterday. Despite this they out-hustled us for 48 minutes.

  33. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Vogel didn't do that great of a job either, seriously why would somebody take out the main reason of the Pacers comeback? Watson was doing a better job too why would you take him out when Hill was struggling? you don't take Scola out at that point you just don't.

  34. #21
    Believe in Roy! boombaby1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,187

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the second straight game where this team played lazily and without intensity.

    The Heat can get away with it. The Pacers can't.

    There is no excuse for Roy Hibbert to get pushed around the way he did. He reverted to his rookie self in this game.
    Miami Heat
    Lost by 10 to the Pistons at Home.
    Lost by 20 to the Bulls on the Road.
    Lost by 1 to Boston at Home
    Lost by 4 at Philly
    Lost by 1 At Brooklyn

    All those are exactly what you are talking about.
    @qandrews9428

  35. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  36. #22
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Miami Heat
    Lost by 10 to the Pistons at Home.
    Lost by 20 to the Bulls on the Road.
    Lost by 1 to Boston at Home
    Lost by 4 at Philly
    Lost by 1 At Brooklyn

    All those are exactly what you are talking about.
    They always get the benefit of the doubt given their track record of winning titles.

  37. #23

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They always get the benefit of the doubt given their track record of winning titles.
    what doubt? This isn't doubt, he's just giving you facts. You said the Heat can get away with it, then he proved to you they can't, at least not every night

  38. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:


  39. #24
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,464

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what doubt? This isn't doubt, he's just giving you facts. You said the Heat can get away with it, then he proved to you they can't, at least not every night
    The Heat aren't trying to win the #1 seed so they can afford these types of losses. How many times do I have to repeat myself?

  40. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,973

    Default Re: Pacers / Pistons Post Game thread - 12/16

    This is 2 games in row where PG didn't show up like he's capable on D. Hibbert didn't have a good game either. It's going to be hard to overcome those 2 issues against a good team. I hope Danny can return soon to lighten the load a little on Paul.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •