Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So we have no first round pick in 2014, 76'ers have four picks overall?

Default Re: So we have no first round pick in 2014, 76'ers have four picks overall?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Late first-round picks are given away every year. Given the choice between the #30 and the #31 pick in the draft, I'd much rather have the #31.

AND so would astute GM's.

Default Re: So we have no first round pick in 2014, 76'ers have four picks overall?

I really don't caree about a draft pick around #30
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

So really Philly has 2 first rounders. That happens often, no big deal. They either take both picks and end up in tax hell in a few years or they use the picks to trade up. As for us not having a pick...with this roster where would a rookie fit in AND make a contribution? With this roster and picking at the bottom of the draft you're looking at a potential D-league player.

Now they could always make a trade at the deadline (think Granger) for a pick, but why? And as for Danny, I see the Donnie Walsh School of GM coming into play there......they will let him walk at the end of the season for the reduction in cap salary.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    So really Philly has 2 first rounders. That happens often, no big deal. They either take both picks and end up in tax hell in a few years or they use the picks to trade up. As for us not having a pick...with this roster where would a rookie fit in AND make a contribution? With this roster and picking at the bottom of the draft you're looking at a potential D-league player.

Now they could always make a trade at the deadline (think Granger) for a pick, but why? And as for Danny, I see the Donnie Walsh School of GM coming into play there......they will let him walk at the end of the season for the reduction in cap salary.
    I could see them trading Danny for future picks, but not for players in this draft. But then only if he's not playing very well. I think he might not play very good defense, but as much shooting practice as he's getting in I think he will play good offense, and that's what we need.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

and a reduced tax at the end of the year.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Obviously ur not a golfer 5_7_Clash's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    Yeah, but still would be good to have a pick to dangle in a trade.
    Already happened. We got Scola.