Thread: SB nation article about Roy Hibbert verticality and D

Banned

Default SB nation article about Roy Hibbert verticality and D

@MikePradaSBN: ICYMI: Pictures is back, featuring an extensive look at Roy Hibbert and verticality. http://t.co/KaBYmNqD4N http://t.co/DN5vCqEr46

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: SB nation article about Roy Hibbert verticality and D

Again, as most people have at this point, he comes to the conclusion that Hibbert gets the benefit of the doubt more than most.

I think this comment on the article sums up best what my stance on the situation is.

It is definitely up to official interpretation, but so are a lot of other calls in basketball...
    Most calls/whistles are bang-bang plays that are not subject to review. Take for instance the new added influence on carrying the ball (or discontinued dribble) – isn’t this subjective? For instance, how often is Chris Paul actually whistled for discontinued dribble compared to how many times he should be? Moving screens, discontinued dribbles, blocks vs. charges – these are all subjective.

It is also somewhat interesting to me that LeBron says that ‘they’ allow Hibbert to use his verticality more than any other player (this coming from the same player who played 6 straight games last season without a foul called against him.) For that matter, how many players in the league actually are skilled enough as centers to resist blocking shots in order to utilize the verticality rule? Of those, how many do it as effectively as Hibbert?
    @qandrews9428

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: SB nation article about Roy Hibbert verticality and D

It pleases me so much to hear all of the Heat fans complain about Hibbert's verticality. lol. They are built to spread you out and drive to the paint. Then when things don't go their way all they can do is complain. I love it. lol.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to indy_nick For This Useful Post: