Thread: Lets have fun: Post your funniest excuse fans of other teams say when they lose to the Pacers

Default Lets have fun: Post your funniest excuse fans of other teams say when they lose to the Pacers

Heat: If Beasley wasn't injured
    Lebron didn't care
    Lebron has a bad back
    IT'S ONLY ONE GAME! NOBODY CARES (Goes to message board to rant)

Default Re: Lets have fun: Post your funniest excuse fans of other teams say when they lose to the Pacers

Greg Oden. Seriously, I have Miami fan friends who legitimately believe Oden + Turdman will be enough to deal with Hibbert in the playoffs. I try to remind them that Oden wasn't exactly killing it in the NBA yet when we was healthy, that he has zero NBA playoff experience, and hasn't played a game in 4 years. They honestly think this guy is going to give them enough production to make a difference.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Lets have fun: Post your funniest excuse fans of other teams say when they lose to the Pacers

Every time: "We just couldn't hit anything tonight!" Lol,

I always say: "Yah, we hear that a lot!"

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to solid For This Useful Post:

"This was just a regular season game"
    "Our guys are just resting for when it really counts"
    "Those homer refs in Indiana..."
    "Hibbert is fouling every time on defense."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Here's one off a real Heat board: "Really we don't even need someone to shut down Hibbert or make him play to his averages. If someone just made Hibbert play good instead of like the 2nd coming of Shaq, Indana would be totally ***ed."

Hibbert and West scare them...as they should.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sorry, but their material is much better than mine: "In the Playoffs it's a different BEAST anyway."

...and another: "UD is the opposite of Hibbert. Hibbert gets away with everything and UD gets away with absolutely nothing."
    Last edited by BlueNGold; 12-14-2013 at 07:26 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by solid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Every time: "We just couldn't hit anything tonight!" Lol,

I always say: "Yah, we hear that a lot!"
    I say the exact same thing.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Here's one off a real Heat board: "Really we don't even need someone to shut down Hibbert or make him play to his averages. If someone just made Hibbert play good instead of like the 2nd coming of Shaq, Indana would be totally ***ed."

Hibbert and West scare them...as they should.
    2nd coming of Shaq? Last I checked, Roy actually hits 3/4ths of his free throws.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

"I don't understand why they never call fouls on Hibbert."

My guess: because he usually doesn't foul.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

We didn't have JJ REDICK...yeah he would've made all the difference.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 31Since1990 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"You only won because our best player had an off night!"

"Yea...I'm just glad other teams best players always have an off night against us. Just lucky I guess."

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

"The Pacers get away with murder out there!"
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo

"Heat don't care in the regular season"

Oh really? That's why you had the best record in the East last season and stormed the league with the excellent 66-16?

What a weak ****** argument/excuse!
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

from realgm board after we beat heat.

ours guys took a picture with justin timberlake after the game. lol they don't give a **** about this game.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post

ours guys took a picture with justin timberlake after the game. lol they don't give a **** about this game.
    The craziest thing about statements like that is that as a fan I would be upset if that was really true. My favorite team doesn't care that they lost? I wouldn't be happy about that at all and that would be a huge sign of trouble to me.

The best excuse I've seen so far was from a Bulls fan last week. After saying something like if DRose hadn't gotten hurt they would be a better challenger to Miami. They then said that the only reason the Pacers beat the Bulls earlier in the season was because Rose and Noah didn't play. They got called out pretty hard about that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post

So did ours. Therefor we didn't care either and we are still better.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by 31Since1990 View Post
    We didn't have JJ REDICK...yeah he would've made all the difference.
    That actual isn't funny pretty reasonable excuse(although injuries are a part of the game). The Clips are 4-4 without him 12-5 with him. They also score 10 more pts more per game with him playing this year. He is actually a really impactful player for the Clippers. He is kind of like Lance when he plays well his team normally wins he is an X-factor for that Clipper team for sure.

His movement is what makes that offense elite. They get really stagnate at times without him.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 12-16-2013 at 10:16 PM.

Mood

How about an actual excuse from D. Wade. "It's a basketball game vs 2 good teams. A lot of that goes on in the NBA. It's not our championship." From Indystar article Dec. 17. About the upcoming game tomorrow where James is questionable with ankle sprain.

Mood

"I can't believe that scrub (insert name) beat us tonight"

It's usually when OJ or CJ Watson get hot and hit a couple of shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zaldylee View Post
    How about an actual excuse from D. Wade. "It's a basketball game vs 2 good teams. A lot of that goes on in the NBA. It's not our championship." From Indystar article Dec. 17. About the upcoming game tomorrow where James is questionable with ankle sprain.
    LeBron is only questionable because they are worried his ankle might not be flexible enough for him to flop. They need to calm down. I fully expect him to be there tomorrow flopping like a mackerel.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Miami Heat make excuses before they even play. Ex: "it's just a regular season game". The funniest thing is Miamis beat writer went out and said he has never seen LeBron go out and play that aggressive on defense in a regular season game when they came to Indiana and lost. I can't stand those guys.

Wade: "Miami Heat don't talk"
    Stephen A: "You guys talk quite well"

Even Stephen A knows haha.

I always love the always-heard "If we had just shot our normal shooting percentage we would have won easily. We missed shots that we always make."

It's not a game of H-O-R-S-E people. There are actual DEFENDERS out there wearing blue and gold, and they are pretty good at it. Sure, you shot 42%. That IS normal, for playing US.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo

"The rim that we were shooting at was broken"

Oh wait...that was my excuse for losing to the Pistons.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.