Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 100 of 100

Thread: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

  1. #76

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is what makes me think it's possible he isn't covered right now. I think its possible though since he sustained consecutive injuries that they would be covered. The link doesn't make it much more clear.
    The calf injury doesn't strike me as an 'injury'. more of a case of something that is part of the healing process after the knee injury. But you may be right. Your point makes it incredibly stupid for the Pacers to talk about the calf if that would cancel the insurance. Which leads me to believe it does not count as a new injury. IDK

  2. #77

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    I'm so sick of hearing about Granger. He don't want to play because he is rusty are you kidding me. Must of hurt his foot when he dribbled the ball off it

  3. #78
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The calf injury doesn't strike me as an 'injury'. more of a case of something that is part of the healing process after the knee injury. But you may be right. Your point makes it incredibly stupid for the Pacers to talk about the calf if that would cancel the insurance. Which leads me to believe it does not count as a new injury. IDK
    It leads me to believe this whole conspiracy theory is ridiculous.

  4. #79
    You can call me Taz cinotimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,324

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So a team is going to trade an expiring contract player that's capable of playing, for an expiring contract player that's incapable of playing just because they'd like too?
    Now why would you go and try to interject logic into this whole trade Granger scenario???

    Some people dont get it and seems they never will. Larry Bird is not going to trade Danny Granger this year. Thats the same Larry Bird that built the team that currently has the best record in the league and is a championship favorite. Bird has long since had a plan and its worked out pretty spectacularly to this point. Part of that plan involves Granger and if you think hes gonna suddenly change that plan just because a few people are restless, well.... His patience in rebuilding this team was mind boggling and the same people who are clamoring for some more movement were also many of the same that were clamoring for Birds head as well. Fortunately Bird is running the team versus the internet gurus. Its just amazing all this goes on and people have the audacity to question his actions when the team is currently winning at a record pace and is a favorite to win it all. Hes not trading Granger. He will do everything he can to optimize the chances Danny comes back and contributes to a championship contender by the time the playoffs roll around. If that doesnt happen then he will most likely roll with what he has that is currently the holder of the best record in the league with victories over both of last years finalists in the last week. Im not sure what will be more enjoyable. Danny coming back and making a solid contribution to the team or the silence that will ensue from those that are squawking about moving him. But it will be great either way....kinda like its pretty great having the best record in the league and having a shot at having such wire to wire.

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cinotimz For This Useful Post:


  6. #80

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    This is what I was talking about in an earlier post. If Danny is still covered by insurance from the knee injury. I thought there was a number of games he had to play before the insurance money stopped. In the meantime(if that is correct) he is costing the Pacers about $35,000 a game to keep him on the roster. Do we know if a player on insurance pay can be traded or not? Could we trade Danny, Ian and Cope for Pau Gasol for some offensive behind Roy and some more help for Kobe and LA when/if Granger gets healthy?

  7. #81
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,549

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    I think you are mixing two kinds of insurance. Contract insurance covers games missed and as far as I knw moves with the contract. Cap relief is the one based on missing a year's worth of games and only applies to the team on which the injury occurred. I don't know if the latter counts preseaon games or not. If not, it might allow the Pacers to go over the LT during the season because the cap relief kicks in before the tax would be due.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  8. #82

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    This has to be longest amount of time anyone has ever missed with a sore calf

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Powww For This Useful Post:


  10. #83
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    I'd love to have Ben Gordon's offense, but I remember reading some very unflattering things about how he has behaved in practice to the head coach in Charlotte last year. I realize that coach was fired, but nonetheless it was a huge turn off to me. But for half a season on a roster like this, you'd think he'd behave. You'd think.

  11. #84
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,246

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd love to have Ben Gordon's offense, but I remember reading some very unflattering things about how he has behaved in practice to the head coach in Charlotte last year. I realize that coach was fired, but nonetheless it was a huge turn off to me. But for half a season on a roster like this, you'd think he'd behave. You'd think.
    Eh, he can score in bunches, but I still can't stand combo guards. Plus, he is not very efficient.

  12. #85

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd love to have Ben Gordon's offense, but I remember reading some very unflattering things about how he has behaved in practice to the head coach in Charlotte last year. I realize that coach was fired, but nonetheless it was a huge turn off to me. But for half a season on a roster like this, you'd think he'd behave. You'd think.
    He would make a nice 'Barbossa' type scorer off the bench. It would be really nice to have a guy that can come in an score when the Pacers need points. He is undersized as a wing however and cannot guard anyone.

  13. #86
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh, he can score in bunches, but I still can't stand combo guards. Plus, he is not very efficient.
    Right but in our case he's the backup shooting guard, which is his most ideal role, I think.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  15. #87

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    Isn't the best way to get into game shape by actually playing in games? Don't they always say there is no way to simulate game play?
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to rock747 For This Useful Post:


  17. #88

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    I think they really just want to save him for the playoffs. Start playing 1-2 months before the playoffs. But Danny is playing for a contract so he most likely would not agree to that arrangement. Basically, they probably want to keep him off the court as long as they can to minimize the grind on his body. Larry Bird probably likens Danny's knee to his back when he was playing.

  18. #89
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i kinda feel like he's going to play today after all, as a big surprise
    good call idiot

  19. #90
    Member Downtown Bang!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    St Paul MN
    Posts
    534

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh, he can score in bunches, but I still can't stand combo guards. Plus, he is not very efficient.
    Guess you don't care much for our current starting backcourt..........

    I do agree on Gordon. Especially when you consider the defensive side of the ball.

  20. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    Jalen Rose has been saying for a while that the Pacers need a heat check guy, I agree with him and Gordon could be that guy.

    By the way not everybody needs to play lock down defense on the team Miami did OK with Mike Miller and Ray Allen, some guys are bench players for a reason.

  21. #92
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,003

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jalen Rose has been saying for a while that the Pacers need a heat check guy, I agree with him and Gordon could be that guy.

    By the way not everybody needs to play lock down defense on the team Miami did OK with Mike Miller and Ray Allen, some guys are bench players for a reason.
    If he can stay healthy, I see no reason Danny couldn't do that.

  22. #93

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bills there has been a lot of reports that the Bobcats are looking to move Ben Gordon for almost anything, Salmons is going to Toronto and they are also looking to move him for whatever, I don't think is impossible as some of you think, how many people thought Troy Murphy was going to get us DC? or how many people thought we had a chance to get Scola for a package that included Gerald Green?

    I'm not saying that is easy but I'm not acting like is impossible either because I have seen it happen before.


    I'd like Ben Gordon but when Granger comes back it'll be crowded enough. I'd do the deal though if we could swing Ben somewhere for a better back up Center.

  23. #94
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,528

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like Ben Gordon but when Granger comes back it'll be crowded enough. I'd do the deal though if we could swing Ben somewhere for a better back up Center.
    Most of you miss that it will be VERY HARD to swing any type of 3 way deal involving $13 to 14 + mil Expiring Contracts. The only one that could happen would be some 3 way swap of Granger/Okafor/Gordon. But then you'd have to ask why the Suns would do that in the first place.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  24. #95
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,528

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jalen Rose has been saying for a while that the Pacers need a heat check guy, I agree with him and Gordon could be that guy.

    By the way not everybody needs to play lock down defense on the team Miami did OK with Mike Miller and Ray Allen, some guys are bench players for a reason.
    Keep in mind.....swapping Granger for Gordon isn't going to get you any assets that you are hoping that trading Granger would get you.....at best....it's a lateral move...unless the main purpose ( which I think it should be ) is to include Copeland in any such trade. If it's just a straight up swap and the Pacers is not able to convince them to take on Copeland....then all you're doing is trading Granger for Gordon. If that is the case...then I'd rather live with Granger ( for various reasons ) and not trade Granger...just to trade him.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  25. #96
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,136

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    I would rather keep the status quo and hope Granger can give us something...than take on Gordon.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  27. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Keep in mind.....swapping Granger for Gordon isn't going to get you any assets that you are hoping that trading Granger would get you.....at best....it's a lateral move...unless the main purpose ( which I think it should be ) is to include Copeland in any such trade. If it's just a straight up swap and the Pacers is not able to convince them to take on Copeland....then all you're doing is trading Granger for Gordon. If that is the case...then I'd rather live with Granger ( for various reasons ) and not trade Granger...just to trade him.
    Like I said before if DG is not healthy and looks bad by the trade deadline I would hope that the Pacers trade him for a player that can actually play and Gordon is on that list, I'm not looking to get any assets what I'm looking for is for somebody that can help us on the playoffs and somebody that is healthy and can play right away.

    I guess I don't want to go through the same crap we went through last year, I'm always going to believe that hoping for a healthy DG plus building one of the crappiest benches ever cost us a championship.

  28. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Dillon, Co
    Posts
    3,917

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    If Granger can't play why would the Bobcats or any team want to swap expiring contracts?

  29. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Granger can't play why would the Bobcats or any team want to swap expiring contracts?
    Read previous posts.

  30. #100
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,528

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Granger Out Friday - Indy Star

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like I said before if DG is not healthy and looks bad by the trade deadline I would hope that the Pacers trade him for a player that can actually play and Gordon is on that list, I'm not looking to get any assets what I'm looking for is for somebody that can help us on the playoffs and somebody that is healthy and can play right away.

    I guess I don't want to go through the same crap we went through last year, I'm always going to believe that hoping for a healthy DG plus building one of the crappiest benches ever cost us a championship.
    Well, if the assumption is that he's not going to be healthy....then, yeah....if we can get Gordon for him and a 2nd round pick...fine...I'd reluctantly ( for non-logical reasons ) be ok with that.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •