Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All-Star Results: PG and Roy in the top 5 in the East frontcourt!

Default Re: All-Star Results: PG and Roy in the top 5 in the East frontcourt!

Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man, DWest gets no love from fans...
    true. he doesn't play the sportscenter above the rim style that most voters crave.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    I would eat my hat if George Hill was an All Star, and I'm his 2nd biggest fan(sup mattie!)
    Lol funny because I think he's having kind of a down year so far. Very up and down.

But yeah that'd be cool!
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Game is in New Orleans I believe. I say this year for the East, I wouldn't even be that mad (well the Pacers part I'd love) if it were the starting 5 of the Pacers, all Heat starters besides Battier, Melo, Kyrie, and John Wall lol. Hardly anyone else on any team deserves to make it.
    @qandrews9428

The way they separate the positions is laughable. If you are going to separate it into two categories at least do it in the way that makes the most sense, post and wings. Actually the best way would be to separate it into three, PG, Wing, and Post. That way every position is covered, instead of having two small forwards starting for your power forward and center. They could also get rid of conference voting so everyone is in just one big giant pool. Then try to balance it after the players are selected.

Sports Logo

I really feel bad for Evan Turner and Arron Afflalo. Turner deserves to be higher than #9 and Arron should definitely be on that list. I'm glad to see Hill making the top 10 but Evan and Arron should be higher than him. Then again, all 3 of them deserve to be higher than Ray Allen so there's that.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

LeBron=center

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Between the East and the West, it's tough to decide which is the biggest joke of a selection (so far)

Jeremy Lin 4th among guards, over Westbrook, Parker, Lillard, Harden, Rubio?
    LaMarcus Aldridge 8th among forwards?
    Rondo and Garnett 6th at their position?
    Lillard with less votes than Nash?
    Bryant best guard in the west?

I love that Kyrie Irving is he only star in the NBA that isn't held up to the standard of winning games like everyone else...

At what point does the sympathy card for Cleveland run out? It's been what, four seasons now? They can't beak into the top 8 in a historically weak conference, and Irving just skips on by as a perennial all star....
    Last edited by Kstat; 12-13-2013 at 07:33 AM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    I love that Kyrie Irving is he only star in the NBA that isn't held up to the standard of winning games like everyone else...

At what point does the sympathy card for Cleveland run out? It's been what, four seasons now? They can't beak into the top 8 in a historically weak conference, and Irving just skips on by as a perennial all star....
    Do you mean press-wise, or in relation to this all star ballot? Or both?

Both, the press is what drives the fan vote.

Irving is the only superstar I've ever seen that can't even raise his team's level of play to .500 annually and get absolutely zero criticism.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Do we pay way too much attention to it? I mean it has reached such ridiculous levels with the fan voting that I think maybe we shouldn't even bother that much? Garnett 6th? Whaaaaaat? Wait, what?

It's a nice event to have for the fans but I'll have the All NBA teams every single time for a better measure.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Both, the press is what drives the fan vote.

Irving is the only superstar I've ever seen that can't even raise his team's level of play to .500 annually and get absolutely zero criticism.
    I didn't think he should have been an All-Star last year. Then again, I have a hard time giving an All- Star nod to anyone on a losing team.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

my standards aren't that high. But you should at least lead a respectable team if you're that good.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

I sorted want to see the Lebron vs Dwight Howard lineup for a few minutes just to see how it plays out. The ultimate small ball vs post players lineup.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    I would expect the Pacers to have 3 all stars. PG, Roy, and West
    If West wasn't an all-star last year, then I doubt it happens this year.

Banned

It's a joke that Wade and Melo are in it, Irving? please.

Oh and Chalmers is on the list? hahahahahahaha

How many players get in? Are the roster spots by position?
    David "And One" West

PG: John Wall
    SG: Paul George
    SF: Carmelo Anthony
    PF: LeBron James
    C: Roy Hibbert

Get yo popcorn ready.
    Dear P_George,
    You have received an infraction at Pacers Digest.

Reason: Unacceptable Comment and/or Content

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by P_George View Post
    PG: John Wall
    SG: Paul George
    SF: Carmelo Anthony
    C: Roy Hibbert

Get yo popcorn ready.
    Well, not quite. PG is in the frontcourt list along with LBJ, so the starters in the East right now are (and are likely to continue to be):

SF: Paul George
    C: Carmelo Anthony (cracks me up just to type that. Of course, typing C: LeBron James would crack me up almost as much)
    PG: Kyrie Irving
    SG: Dwayne Injury Wade
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    It's a joke that Wade and Melo are in it, Irving? please.
    Wade and Melo could lose all of their limbs and people would still vote for them.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

And then theres Danny all the way at the bottom of the list with one vote.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Well, not quite. PG is in the frontcourt list along with LBJ, so the starters in the East right now are (and are likely to continue to be):

SF: Paul George
    C: Carmelo Anthony (cracks me up just to type that. Of course, typing C: LeBron James would crack me up almost as much)
    PG: Kyrie Irving
    SG: Dwayne Injury Wade
    Doesn't the coach decide the starting lineup? Or do the votes? I can't imagine Irving over Wall, if the coach decides. If it's voting ... well, the All-Star voting system is already a joke but, c'mon.
    Dear P_George,

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by P_George View Post
    Doesn't the coach decide the starting lineup? Or do the votes? I can't imagine Irving over Wall, if the coach decides. If it's voting ... well, the All-Star voting system is already a joke but, c'mon.
    That's why the voting is for All-Star starters

And yes, it's a joke, even though this time it is in our favor to a certain extent.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    That's why the voting is for All-Star starters

And yes, it's a joke, even though this time it is in our favor to a certain extent.
    Well, after a couple of minutes, I hope that's the lineup we see(the one I posted)!
    Dear P_George,

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'd just like to point out that a Pacer has the 4th most votes out of anyone in the NBA. Makes me smile.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post: