Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All-Star Results: PG and Roy in the top 5 in the East frontcourt!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default All-Star Results: PG and Roy in the top 5 in the East frontcourt!

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/nba-a...urns-announced

Of course, if this holds up it means Roy won't start since there is no longer a center designation. But I would guess he is a lock to be on the bench. It's kind of impressive that PG is ahead of Anthony. Of course he SHOULD be, but we all know this kind of thing doesn't always end up as it should where disparate media markets are involved. Nice to see Roy beating out Bosh and Garnett too.

Eastern Conference

Frontcourt

1. LeBron James (Mia) 609,336
    2. Paul George (Ind) 489,335
    3. Carmelo Anthony (NYK) 424,211
    4. Roy Hibbert (Ind) 208,369
    5. Chris Bosh (Mia) 156,364
    6. Kevin Garnett (BKN) 102,825
    7. Joakim Noah (Chi) 75,229
    8. Jeff Green (Bos) 55,912
    9. Luol Deng (Chi) 54,340
    10. Tyson Chandler (NYK) 51,738
    11. Andre Drummond (Det) 51,351
    12. Carlos Boozer (Chi) 48,745
    13. Paul Pierce (BKN) 45,145
    14. Brook Lopez (BKN) 37,153
    15. Josh Smith (Det) 32,025

Also, Hill makes the top 10 in the backcourt:

Backcourt

1. Dwyane Wade (Mia) 396,279
    2. Kyrie Irving (Cle) 365,712
    3. Derrick Rose (Chi) 272,410
    4. John Wall (Was) 124,851
    5. Ray Allen (Mia) 99,464
    6. Rajon Rondo (Bos) 80,889
    7. Deron Williams (BKN) 44,282
    8. George Hill (Ind) 42,536
    9. Evan Turner (Phi) 33,605
    10. Mario Chalmers (Mia) 32,996

"Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gummy For This Useful Post:

Default Re: All-Star Results: PG and Roy in the top 5 in the East frontcourt!

Anthony over Hibbert is kind of a joke, but (unfortunately IMO) fan voting makes this little more than a popularity contest.

Hibbert will be an All-Star again this year, whether as a a starter or backup. He's the best center in the game right now.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar

And they are not sticking to positions this year so your starters right now would be James, PG, Anthony, Wade, and Irving. If they had stuck to positions then the Pacers would have 2 starters, but Roy will still make it on the team.

What's amazing to me is that PG is 2nd in votes among the Eastern players, more than Melo and Wade......that is just awesome.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to The Sleeze For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

LOL Ray allen

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

How are Chalmers and Allen even in the top 20? smh

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Man, DWest gets no love from fans...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

The biggest lol for me is KG. Drummond would be (and will be in the future) an amazingly entertaining All Star. Him versus Brow will be fun for years.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Looking at this list makes it obvious why the east is so weak compared to the west lol

I would expect the Pacers to have 3 all stars. PG, Roy, and West
    David "And One" West

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

J7F

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCollarColts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How are Chalmers and Allen even in the top 20? smh
    Fans are dumb.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

First I laughed at seeing Wade's name on the backcourt list.

Then I laughed when I saw his competition.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karlton For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    Man, DWest gets no love from fans...
    West would probably prefer to stay home and take the time off. I know last year, ASB coincided with one of his kids' birthdays.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

The East backcourt is kind of a joke. Really should be Arron Afflalo and John Wall. The game is in Orlando, Afflalo has been the best two guard in the East this year, and he's not even in the top 10.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Isaac For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    The East backcourt is kind of a joke. Really should be Arron Afflalo and John Wall. The game is in Orlando, Afflalo has been the best two guard in the East this year, and he's not even in the top 10.
    Game is in New Orleans I believe. I say this year for the East, I wouldn't even be that mad (well the Pacers part I'd love) if it were the starting 5 of the Pacers, all Heat starters besides Battier, Melo, Kyrie, and John Wall lol. Hardly anyone else on any team deserves to make it.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Game is in New Orleans I believe. I say this year for the East, I wouldn't even be that mad (well the Pacers part I'd love) if it were the starting 5 of the Pacers, all Heat starters besides Battier, Melo, Kyrie, and John Wall lol. Hardly anyone else on any team deserves to make it.
    You're right, game is in New Orleans. Regardless, Afflalo should be in.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
    You're right, game is in New Orleans. Regardless, Afflalo should be in.
    Yeah Afflalo should hopefully make it. Also hoping Jeff Green makes it as well.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

I would eat my hat if George Hill was an All Star, and I'm his 2nd biggest fan(sup mattie!)

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

And short of an epic collapse Frank'll be the coach

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Kevin Garnett really should retire. Better than Noah, Deng, Lopez and Drummond? LOL.

Ray Allen is actually worse. Our 3rd string players are Ray Allen level now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    And they are not sticking to positions this year so your starters right now would be James, PG, Anthony, Wade, and Irving. If they had stuck to positions then the Pacers would have 2 starters, but Roy will still make it on the team.

What's amazing to me is that PG is 2nd in votes among the Eastern players, more than Melo and Wade......that is just awesome.
    It pays to have ESPN talk about you.
    "We've got to be very clear about this. We don't want our players hanging around with murderers," said Larry Bird, Pacers president.

I hate the way the nba eliminated the center position from all star voting. It's not the way I want to see the game played. Roy deserves to be in over Melo.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacerized For This Useful Post:

Dutch Pacers Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    I hate the way the nba eliminated the center position from all star voting. It's not the way I want to see the game played. Roy deserves to be in over Melo.
    You are totally right. Only thing Melo has done this season is whining and being a douche.
    Yay, I don't know if we're going back to the play-offs!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    The problem before was there was a lack of All-Star quality Centers around the league. Too bad that just when we're starting to see some great centers right now they didn't abolish that ruling for this year's all-star.

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    The problem before was there was a lack of All-Star quality Centers around the league. Too bad that just when we're starting to see some great centers right now they didn't abolish that ruling for this year's all-star.
    I know but I just don't want to see the game played with a lineup of 5 wing players on the floor. If you throw centers in with wing players the wings are almost always going to get most of the votes because the casual fan just loves those high scoring players who take 20 shots per game and most won't appreciate the value of having a center on the floor.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have a feeling if there was a center position, that PG and Melo would be really close or Melo might have the lead, with one of the forward spots going away.