Thread: Viewership for the Pacers-Heat Game

Default Viewership for the Pacers-Heat Game

It set records for both local and national viewership. I saw Hicks tweet it earlier, but now I can't find the stats.

Has anybody seen the numbers?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Viewership for the Pacers-Heat Game

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

national viewership was 920,000, highest ever on NBA TV

Candace BucknerLast night's NBA TV telecast of the #Pacers win over the #Heat was the network’s most-viewed telecast ever.

https://twitter.com/CandaceDBuckner/...80738293071872
    Candace BucknerThe game generated an average of 920,000 total viewers, blowing away previous most-watched matchup (LAL vs POR, 10-31-12, 868,000 viewers)

https://twitter.com/CandaceDBuckner/...81195892035585

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

More than the Los Angeles Anybodies vs the New York Whosoevers? Impossible!
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kester99 For This Useful Post:

ONE MILLLLION PEOPLE!!!

\dr. evil

Wait, wait wait. 920,000 is just the number who watched on NBA TV, right? So people who watched on FSN should be added to that total? How does a 9.3 translate out into actual numbers of people?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo

that's 9.3 of Indianapolis households too, it does not seem to count those of us not in indy but watching FSN

an an ABC TV marketing executive mutters....

"So, why is it, again, that we are showing 6 Knicks games this year, and zero Pacers games? When was the meeting where we decided on that?"
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    an an ABC TV marketing executive mutters....

"So, why is it, again, that we are showing 6 Knicks games this year, and zero Pacers games? When was the meeting where we decided on that?"
    Their train of thought never contemplated the game of basketball. It was limited to a contest between the following:

This:

over this:

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I think we will be on NBATV more and possibly on ESPN more.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Wait, wait wait. 920,000 is just the number who watched on NBA TV, right? So people who watched on FSN should be added to that total? How does a 9.3 translate out into actual numbers of people?
    151,000 was the peak viewership, which was a 13.7 rating.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    that's 9.3 of Indianapolis households too, it does not seem to count those of us not in indy but watching FSN
    Not just "Indianapolis" households... anybody with Fox Sports Indiana.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    151,000 was the peak viewership, which was a 13.7 rating.
    151k is peak, but what is "average?" The NBATV numbers are "average."

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    151k is peak, but what is "average?" The NBATV numbers are "average."
    Average rating is 9.33, so

151,000/13.7=x/9.33

x=102,804
    Last edited by imawhat; 12-12-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Depth > 1 Good player khaos01207's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Not too suprising, this is probably the best rivalry (yes, I used the R word) in the NBA currently, and an absolute treat to watch.

The two teams do not like eachother at all, and no matter how many times we hear a player on either side say "it's just one game out of 82" we know that is just some PR bs. Both of these teams are good enough to basically just coast through most other teams in the league, but when they face eachother an intensity from both sides comes out that you do not see elsewise.

The ECF this year is probably going to be a better series than the finals, it's gonna be a hell of a fun series to watch, and I'd expect that this viewing trend continues during it. Probably multiple viewing records will be shattered this ECF.
    3000th Post :
    1-11-14 10:54 PM

People love to see a team beat the Heat. and Pacers can beat the Heat.

Should be interesting to see what the ESPN numbers are next week.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar

Hopefully this means Pacers Heat, Prime Time Christmas Day next year!

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    I think we will be on NBATV more and possibly on ESPN more.
    I think the only night where NBATV has flexibility is Tuesday fan night. Looking at our Tuesday schedule. We play the Lakers on 1/28. lakers again 2/25. Warriors 3/4. Without looking to see what other games are played on those days, all three of these games might be voted in. We also play the Hawks twice, Raptors and Boston on Tuesday night, but I doubt those will be voted in.

ESPN changes their schedule from time to time. TNT rarely if every changes their Thursday night schedule because there are usually only 2 games on Thursday nights. ABC will change their Sunday afternoon schedule if they can - only game I could see they might change to is Thunder vs pacers on 4/13.

Pacers have to be one of the top 2 or 3 positive NBA stories nationally to this point in the season.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 12-12-2013 at 11:14 AM.

I'm starting to think the Pacers will end up being the local favorite team over the Colts the next few years

9.33 is great locally for the pacers. of course the Colts typically get 35.0 - 40.0 for a normal Sunday afternoon regular season game. I think the Manning game this year was around 50.0.

Wish the pacers game could be on local ABC, NBC or CBS station, then we could compare apples to apples. My wild guess is if the heat game would have been on NBC locally it would have gotten around a 15.0 or so. maybe up to a 20.0.

Still 151K in Central Indiana seems pretty low for such a highly anticipated game. You have to wonder if people in Indiana, just generally do not like the NBA.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Still 151K in Central Indiana seems pretty low for such a highly anticipated game. You have to wonder if people in Indiana, just generally do not like the NBA.
    I wonder how many people who are very casual fans even know where to find FSI on thsir cable or satelitte lineup

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Hard to compare a Weekend game broadcast over the air with a weeknight game on not-so basic cable. I would guess that 15-20 percent of the population is at work at 7 on Tuesday nights.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Next Wednesday's game against the HEAT will be on ESPN. The numbers will be much larger both nationally and locally because there are a greater number of people that have ESPN and are more familiar with it than those who have NBATV and FSI combined.

Say what you will about ESPN but they aren't called the "Worldwide Leader of Sports" for nothing!
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!