Thread: Colts - Steelers tonight on ESPN2 at 9:30

Exclamation Colts - Steelers tonight on ESPN2 at 9:30

On NFL's Greatest Games.

AFC Championship game from Jan 15, 2006.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Colts - Steelers tonight on ESPN2 at 9:30

Thanks but no thanks.

Saw it last summer and it hurt. Bettis fumbling at the redzone, Colts recovering the fumble, Roethlisberger making the tackle as the last player, finally advancing the ball only for Vanderjerk missing the kick.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's always great to go back and relive the worst memories of your life........

I'd say it's the second worst Colts memory of my life. I'd put it behind the Super Bowl against the Saints. At least we came back the year after the Steelers loss and won the championship in epic fashion. But the Saints loss will forever sting because it obviously prevented us from hanging two banners in the Manning era. Plus it was really the last true big game that Manning ever played for the Colts, though no one would have known it at the time.

The January losses in Foxboro sucked, but I think deep down everyone knew we'd probably lose there. We may have talked ourselves into believing beforehand, but I don't think anyone was really all that surprised when we got our clock cleaned. But the Steelers and Saints losses were very very very tough to digest.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-11-2013 at 11:19 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

I was at that Steelers game and surrounded by Steeler fans to our left and right. They initially thought they were coming to see Bettis' last game. Instead they get treated to a win. We were headed away from our seats when the fumble happened and we quickly found new seats of fans that had already left. And then Manning threw those hero balls instead of taking a 'gimme' on at least one that would've gotten Vandershank closer or possibly extended the drive in the first place.

And then Vandershank missed....

Bah!
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's always great to go back and relive the worst memories of your life........

I'd say it's the second worst Colts memory of my life.
    95 or 96, also against the Steelers, Harbaugh to Aaron Bailey in the end zone as time runs out...it looked like he caught it live...

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    And then Manning threw those hero balls instead of taking a 'gimme' on at least one that would've gotten Vandershank closer or possibly extended the drive in the first place.
    They said on one of those Peyton throws right before the kick, Reggie Wayne was supposed to curl but didn't. He and Peyton had somehow messed up their hand signals at the line. The throw was almost intercepted. Dungy made it sound like it was Reggie's fault. Anyhow, on that pass it looked to me like Peyton was trying to shorten the kick or extend the drive.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    95 or 96, also against the Steelers, Harbaugh to Aaron Bailey in the end zone as time runs out...it looked like he caught it live...
    KORDELL STEWART WAS OUTTA BOUNDS!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

That wasn't an AFC championship game though it was a divisional game.

The Championship game that year was Pittsburgh vs Denver

But yeah no need to relive that moment fortunately we won the SB the next year so it doesn't hurt as much as it could've had we never won an SB.

Because we had it all lined up and still failed it just shows how HFA is worthless if you can't defend it.
    Last edited by Basketball Fan; 12-12-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post

The Championship game that year was Pittsburgh vs Denver(the last time Denver won a playoff game was against the Patriots to play against the Steelers)
    No, Denver won that crazy wildcard game against Pitt two years ago with Tebow (the only time I was ever a Tebow fan).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    No, Denver won that crazy wildcard game against Pitt two years ago with Tebow (the only time I was ever a Tebow fan).
    You're right I forgot all about that I was hoping the Steelers would win because they had a better shot of beating the Patriots than the Broncos did.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The only Colts/Steelers game that should ever be mentioned as being rebroadcast is the MNF showdown where Peyton threw the 80 yard killshot to Marvin on the first play of the game and Bob Sanders basically DDTed a guy.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dal9 View Post
    This (of all Colts games) is the one that gets me fuming when the subject gets brought up

18. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post: