Thread: What about Doleac????

Default What about Doleac????

He was waived, we could get him for cheap, I know he isn't anything that great but I always think of him getting a good 6-10 points when he played against the Pacers. I dunno maybe I am just REALLY reaching for SOMETHING to happen today, plus, we could get him in spite of IT

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: What about Doleac????

He was waived, we could get him for cheap, I know he isn't anything that great but I always think of him getting a good 6-10 points when he played against the Pacers. I dunno maybe I am just REALLY reaching for SOMETHING to happen today, plus, we could get him in spite of IT
    I've actually been thinking the same thing.

If he clears waivers, he's a FA but he's allegedly got a wink-wink deal with Isiah to return to NY.

We could claim him off waivers - we'd have to waive somebody ourselves and we'd have to absorb the remainder of his alledged $1.5 millon contract, which would count against the LT. If a team with a record worse than ours (in other words, just about everybody) claimed him, they'd get him.

Actually, we may not be allowed to claim him off waivers because we're already over the cap.

Don't see it happening. Besides, he's pretty much a perimeter player so while he'd be an upgrade offensively over Pollard I don't know that he'd give the physical presence we need.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Actually you're right, I don't think we could get him off waivers even if we wanted too.

Drat. Foiled again.

sigh.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

i think we can claim doleac with the mid level, if we were willing to pay the tax. but i read a rumor somewhere else that denver claimed him.