Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Week 15: vs Texans

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Week 15: vs Texans

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the point of running up the score?
    The offense still has a hell of a lot to work on and why not work on it against a real defense especially with the Chiefs coming up. We need to run our offense and if the Texans defense cannot stop us then that is their problem not ours.

Wish CBS would take us to the Pats/Miami game because this has been a snoozefest since the second half started.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    The offense still has a hell of a lot to work on and why not work on it against a real defense especially with the Chiefs coming up. We need to run our offense and if the Texans defense cannot stop us then that is their problem not ours.

Wish CBS would take us to the Pats/Miami game because this has been a snoozefest since the second half started.
    And getting Richardson clicking and protecting Luck isn't improving the offense?
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Natston View Post
    And getting Richardson clicking and protecting Luck isn't improving the offense?
    Luck needs more work with TY, Rogers and Whalen. That is vastly more important then getting Trent going as we go as far as Luck takes us. Trent is something nice to have going, but the passing game is where our chance of winning in the playoff lies.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thewholefnshow31 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by thewholefnshow31 View Post
    Luck needs more work with TY, Rogers and Whalen. That is vastly more important then getting Trent going as we go as far as Luck takes us. Trent is something nice to have going, but the passing game is where our chance of winning in the playoff lies.
    If a quarter and half is the differece between our offense getting better then we're ****ed, and reps against the Texans doesn't really do much for preparing for the Chiefs or whoever...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Natston For This Useful Post:

If the Colts end up tied with the Patriots the Colts will have the tiebreaker with the better record in conference. That's actually somewhat possible.

Luck is simply never going to reach his potential with this coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    CBS, please take us to Miami-NE. Tired of watching this snoozefest.
    Unfortunately that game ended before ours I wish we had the Chicago/Cleveland game that was close until the end.

Times like this I wish I lived back in Northern Indiana because we'd get both games

Good win they beat a team they were supposed to handily however against any other team having more FGs than TDs would be disconcerting.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    Unfortunately that game ended before ours I wish we had the Chicago/Cleveland game that was close until the end.

Times like this I wish I lived back in Northern Indiana because we'd get both games

Good win they beat a team they were supposed to handily however against any other team having more FGs than TDs would be disconcerting.
    Definitely. Too many unfinished drives. On D, Keenum and their O made us looks halfway decent.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Guess the favorable comparisons to his brother will be on hold for awhile

Nobody really compares the two unless its the playoffs and Eli has two rings regardless the Giants as a whole are just bad it goes beyond Eli.

He's better than this but he's not elite either.

Lil Manning needs a run game to complement him to succeed his big bro doesn't need such a thing.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like the overall accomplishments in this game. We had some ups and downs.

Our lines (both) seemed to struggle again. They started off with some big holes for DBrown, and then within about 1 drive, got figured out by the Texans D. TRich still managed to eventually find some room in the second half. 100 total yards and a TD on the day, and I bet few people talk about him... but the early struggles today were largely o-line dysfunction. Like I said, after that first drive, the holes disappeared.

The o-line was inconsistent... winning some plays, losing some. It's still better than the previous month of getting owned in every facet of the game on every single snap. Today, the o-line started and finished strong, but had about 2 quarters of mediocrity in between.

Luck looked pretty good today, despite only having 180 yards and a pick. He was managing the game, mixing things up, keeping Houston off-balance.

I like Griff, always have. I hope he finds a spot on this team and stays healthy. If anything, he's a decent backup. I think he could possibly be a good slot receiver in this league.

Bethea seemed to get some mojo back today, and so did Vontae. Darius Butler is a better receiver than DHB. Our secondary was bad last week. They turned things around a bit this week.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

This game didn't really change anything for me. The Colts did what an 8-5 team at home should do to a team that has lost 11 in a row and just fired their head coach. I predicted a loss so the end result was pleasantly surprising I admit.

Thank God for the backloaded division schedule this year. All 4 of the Colts' post bye wins have come against either Houston or Tennessee.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

The Colts would be screwed if they played in a bad division. They are just super fortunate that they happen to play in one that is awful on an off-the-charts level. The quarterbacks in this division have been Gabbert/Henne, Locker/Zach Galifianakis, and Schab/Case Keenum. I don't buy this defensive performance today at all, just like I didn't when we beat up on the Titans a couple weeks ago. Our defense can look like the 85 Bears at home against quarterbacks who don't belong in the NFL, but they will get lit up next week in Kansas City, just like they got drilled in Cincy.

We had the opportunity in the second half to continue to work on things within the passing game, but we threw in the towel because we were in a hurry to get out of there. Aside from when Polian forcibly made the team quit, you would never see anything like this in the Manning era. We always kept playing and scoring so that we could perfect our craft. There are still so many things that need improved in this offense that we could have worked on against a decent Texan defense, but we were content with getting off the field as quickly as possible. Such a cowardly mentality is why Luck will never reach his max potential with this coaching staff. This will be a parallel to Manning/Jim Mora in that Mora was a decent coach to get Manning started, but it took a better coach in Dungy for the team to take it to the next level.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-15-2013 at 05:22 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post

We had the opportunity in the second half to continue to work on things within the passing game, but we threw in the towel because we were in a hurry to get out of there. Aside from when Polian forcibly made the team quit, you would never see anything like this in the Manning era. We always kept playing and scoring so that we could perfect our craft. There are still so many things that need improved in this offense that we could have worked on against a decent Texan defense, but we were content with getting off the field as quickly as possible. Such a cowardly mentality is why Luck will never reach his max potential with this coaching staff. This will be a parallel to Manning/Jim Mora in that Mora was a decent coach to get Manning started, but it took a better coach in Dungy for the team to take it to the next level.
    This is 100% true. The real issue is if Jim Irsay will be content just making the playoffs and winning 9-10 games a year or will he demand more?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think you guys are making a mistake writing off our chances in the playoffs. Easy to do after the month we just had, but quite a few of the recent SB winners had similar lulls and got it together in the last few games. The AFC is wide open, it's who enters the playoffs hot, and right now, no one is. I could see the Colts with a head of steam.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I think you guys are making a mistake writing off our chances in the playoffs. Easy to do after the month we just had, but quite a few of the recent SB winners had similar lulls and got it together in the last few games. The AFC is wide open, it's who enters the playoffs hot, and right now, no one is. I could see the Colts with a head of steam.
    completely agree. No front runner, clear favorite in the AFC. Both Denver and NE give up a lot of points. It seems like its Peyton Manning's year, but I don't trust him in the playoffs
    David "And One" West

If we can put up a good performance against a good KC team on the road next week, then maybe I'll start to become a believer. But all we've done since the Denver game is beat up on the putrid division teams while getting massacred by everyone else (St. Louis, AZ, Cin). Unfortunately, Houston/Ten/Jax won't be our opponent in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-15-2013 at 06:00 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

That's a tall order, Soll. All I'm looking for is key developments in parts of our game.... looking for further improvements in o line.. run game... getting some receivers involved.... a variety in play-calling. I sort of expect to lose against KC. If we win, all the better. If we lose, I won't be too upset. I will be concerned, though, if it's a slaughter.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

That's a tall order, Soll. All I'm looking for is key developments in parts of our game.... looking for further improvements in o line.. run game... getting some receivers involved.... a variety in play-calling. I sort of expect to lose against KC. If we win, all the better. If we lose, I won't be too upset. I will be concerned, though, if it's a slaughter.
    Right, notice how I said "put up a good performance" instead of win. I think we are looking for the same things next week: Further improvements in the offense, and the defense putting up a solid performance against a solid opposing offense. If they play a reasonably solid game and still lose, then I won't be too upset and in fact will be encouraged for our wild card prospects at home. I just don't want to see anything like we saw against the Rams/Cards/Bengals. The fact is that since the Denver game, this team has looked absolutely awful against any team that isn't in the division.

I think that no matter what, this team has a solid chance to win the wild card game at home with the fans behind us. I remember when the 7-9 division winning Sehawks beat the defending champion Saints a few years ago, so the Colts winning a wild card game wouldn't be surprising and in fact I actually think it has a very good chance of happening. But when it comes to the divisional round, I don't think that this team has much of a chance. I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong.

The reason I give the Colts so little chance in the playoffs is that they will likely face the Chiefs- a dominant defensive and running team. If they were playing Miami or Baltimore I'd give us a 50/50 chance to win.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

In the playoffs, though, I tend to go with other factors.... who has the better quarterback... which team moves the chains... which team is executing better, who's at home. That's my problem with KC... they don't have a QB that I consider better than Luck, and it will be in Indy. I'm not entirely sold on KC.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

In the playoffs, though, I tend to go with other factors.... who has the better quarterback... which team moves the chains... which team is executing better, who's at home. That's my problem with KC... they don't have a QB that I consider better than Luck, and it will be in Indy. I'm not entirely sold on KC.
    I can respect that- KC is struggling against Oakland as we speak.

Semi-realistic potential playoff seeding:

1) Broncos
    2) Bengals
    3) Colts
    4) Pats
    5) Chiefs
    6) Dolphins

Colts would win a tiebreaker with the Pats due to having a better record against the AFC. Bengals have the tiebreaker with the Pats and Colts.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckSwagger For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

And the top 3 teams have all had recent losses. It's really wide open. And Indy, in my opinion, got their lull out of the way, and like I said... has nothing to lose in these final two games except to get healthier and to fine-tune things.

And the top 3 teams have all had recent losses. It's really wide open. And Indy, in my opinion, got their lull out of the way, and like I said... has nothing to lose in these final two games except to get healthier and to fine-tune things.

Who did the Bengals lose to?

They could lose tonight.

But yeah in today's NFL you can be mediocre and still win the SB having a great regular season record is worthless these days.

The NFL has seriously an awful playoff format for determining the best team, worse than college basketball by a mile in my opinion. If it benefits the Colts this year, I am all for it.