Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 15: vs Texans

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Week 15: vs Texans

We're playing a team in tank mode. We should be able to win this game in the second half.

Colts 27
    Texans 14
    "We want Miami"

Default Re: Week 15: vs Texans

Is DaRick getting the nod over DHB? He should.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So interesting point in the season.

Our playoff spot is basically locked in, and we have a home game. We have no real schedule concerns going forward. Really all we need to do is focus on ourselves, which is a really nice luxury and something we need to take advantage of. We have the next three games to correct things.

And I believe things are correctable:

1) We've already shown this year the capability to play near-championship-level football. The first half of this season was impressive.
    2) We've lost guys --- but we still have guys. I've heard a few folks say our talent sucks. Not correct. We got guys left. They don't look good right now because our system is flawed, but fixing the system will show that we have players. Hilton, Fleener, TRich, DHB are all guys that I think a lot of people have the wrong idea about these days. Yep, I said it. Their production hasn't been great... but it can be. And I think we'll see it start to build as we go into the playoffs.
    3) A lot of our corrections are execution. Our line for instance. Play has been terrible. But the guys on that line, outside of D. Thomas, have remained relatively healthy all year. These same guys were actually executing considerably better early this season. I cannot explain what has happened in recent weeks... but I know they can play better than they have been.
    4) We saw some good things this past week, albeit in a loss. Our o-line actually had a somewhat serviceable game for the first time in weeks. Not a great performance... but it wasn't the exploding sieve that it was the month before that. We saw a little bit different playcalling in the second half, finally. We started using Trent in the passing game. We finally brought in Rogers, and he proved that in the least, he's a very talented, if inexperienced receiver. The offense seemed to find a few things this last week, and that is a very good thing. Our defense has recently slipped... but our defense has always sort of driven off the offense, and when our O makes plays, it seems to give the D more confidence and energy, and I expect we'll see better play.

I actually think we can see some good coming up. Maybe even hit the playoffs hot.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 12-11-2013 at 10:08 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Colts-31
    Texans-27

Another big game from Da'Rick.

Colts 42
    Texans 13

They gotta break out of this rut SOMETIME.

Colts 30
    Texans 27

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I do not know what I will do if the Colts lose to the Texans. I can easily see a scenario where Watt goes nuts on our interior offensive line and Tate runs wild.

I just want to see the offense actually look competent from start to finish. I am tired seeing this useless offense out there for an entire half only to kick it into high gear in the second. I want to see Rogers and Brazil getting much more playing time over DHB. I am sure DHB will be out there like usual, but it is nice to hope.

Hopefully Mathis will actually not be busy like last game having a twitter beef and actually show up this week. The lack of pass rush from him kills our defense because nobody else is able to generate one. As bad as the DBs are playing when your pass rush is non existent it is hard for any DB to stop a WR unless your name is Revis or Sherman.

Colts: 31
    Texans: 28

Get well soon PG! Believe_in_blue's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

This game reminds me of the Cowboys game in 2010. It was right after Wade Phillips got fired (ironically) and Jason Garrett was the intern coach. The Cowboys actually started playing better and won several games. I just really don't know what to expect from Houston though. They could possibly be in tank mode, but they still have a lot of talented players that are playing for their jobs. The way the Colts have been playing I really can't see them blowing Houston out but if the defense could stop somebody and if the o-line holds up and if Rodgers and Brazil can help open things up for T.Y. Then the Colts could win big. I really want to see the secondary have a good game. I think every young Texans fan probably has a poster on their wall of Andre Johnson with Vonte Davis in the background. We can't give up the big plays like we did in the first half in Houston. I think the Colts have finally lost their ability to come back. If we're going to win, we need to play well from the start.

Wow, I read my post after typing it and I am Captain Obvious today!

Quote Originally Posted by Believe_in_blue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This game reminds me of the Cowboys game in 2010. It was right after Wade Phillips got fired (ironically) and Jason Garrett was the intern coach. The Cowboys actually started playing better and won several games. I just really don't know what to expect from Houston though. They could possibly be in tank mode, but they still have a lot of talented players that are playing for their jobs. The way the Colts have been playing I really can't see them blowing Houston out but if the defense could stop somebody and if the o-line holds up and if Rodgers and Brazil can help open things up for T.Y. Then the Colts could win big. I really want to see the secondary have a good game. I think every young Texans fan probably has a poster on their wall of Andre Johnson with Vonte Davis in the background. We can't give up the big plays like we did in the first half in Houston. I think the Colts have finally lost their ability to come back. If we're going to win, we need to play well from the start.

Wow, I read my post after typing it and I am Captain Obvious today!
    It is just one of those games where we all know we should win, but we all could easily see us lose this game as well.

We deserve a break this week. NFL admitted on Tuesday that the Colts got shafted by the Triplette overturn. Why don't they fire this guy?

Colts 24
    Texans 17
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    So interesting point in the season.

Our playoff spot is basically locked in, and we have a home game. We have no real schedule concerns going forward. Really all we need to do is focus on ourselves, which is a really nice luxury and something we need to take advantage of. We have the next three games to correct things.

And I believe things are correctable:

1) We've already shown this year the capability to play near-championship-level football. The first half of this season was impressive.
    2) We've lost guys --- but we still have guys. I've heard a few folks say our talent sucks. Not correct. We got guys left. They don't look good right now because our system is flawed, but fixing the system will show that we have players. Hilton, Fleener, TRich, DHB are all guys that I think a lot of people have the wrong idea about these days. Yep, I said it. Their production hasn't been great... but it can be. And I think we'll see it start to build as we go into the playoffs.
    3) A lot of our corrections are execution. Our line for instance. Play has been terrible. But the guys on that line, outside of D. Thomas, have remained relatively healthy all year. These same guys were actually executing considerably better early this season. I cannot explain what has happened in recent weeks... but I know they can play better than they have been.
    4) We saw some good things this past week, albeit in a loss. Our o-line actually had a somewhat serviceable game for the first time in weeks. Not a great performance... but it wasn't the exploding sieve that it was the month before that. We saw a little bit different playcalling in the second half, finally. We started using Trent in the passing game. We finally brought in Rogers, and he proved that in the least, he's a very talented, if inexperienced receiver. The offense seemed to find a few things this last week, and that is a very good thing. Our defense has recently slipped... but our defense has always sort of driven off the offense, and when our O makes plays, it seems to give the D more confidence and energy, and I expect we'll see better play.

I actually think we can see some good coming up. Maybe even hit the playoffs hot.

The big question for me is, how much of the new stuff at the end of last week's game was because we were playing catch-up and trying to score quickly, and how much of it was because we were actually committed to do new things?

I want to think that an NFL coaching staff would try to transition that stuff at the end of last week's game into this week's game, but I'm not convinced yet. I'm worried that on our first drive of the game, we will once again revert back to all of the old tired stuff that hasn't worked. The idea of throwing to our running back will be treated as if it's some sort of rare disease.

We'll see what happens. I'll start to be more optimistic if we actually commit to a new game plan on offense from the start.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    The big question for me is, how much of the new stuff at the end of last week's game was because we were playing catch-up and trying to score quickly, and how much of it was because we were actually committed to do new things?
    Unfortunately I think it's the former.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Toler, had a LP status on Wednesday and a DNP today. Wells said the Colts should think about shutting Toler down for the season.

Congrats to Grigs ( I gave him genuine congrats this time last season for his drafting) for bringing another turdish signing to Indy from the past off season. What a disaster it has been. This one stings more cause they knew what he was getting.

At least Toler's actually a decent player when he's healthy. Better than the guy's he signed that flat out suck.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    At least Toler's actually a decent player when he's healthy. Better than the guy's he signed that flat out suck.
    That's a big deal though that's why I posted it. That was my beef with the signing and not the player's value.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Also, we had to reach week 15 to get a quality announcer in the 1 p.m. time slot. Kevin Harlan will be announcing our game.

If we win on Sunday, it will be Houston's 12th straight loss overall AND their 12th straight loss in Indy. That's so cool of a stat that there is no way we can lose, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Toler, had a LP status on Wednesday and a DNP today. Wells said the Colts should think about shutting Toler down for the season.

Congrats to Grigs ( I gave him genuine congrats this time last season for his drafting) for bringing another turdish signing to Indy from the past off season. What a disaster it has been. This one stings more cause they knew what he was getting.
    From the article Wells posted it sounds like it is the training staff that is keeping him out until he is 100%. Honestly, it makes no sense now to rush Toler back until he is 100% for the playoffs. Our spot in the playoffs is solidified so get him 100% ready for the playoffs and then play him. No need to rush him back now as a win or loss is not going to make a big deal in the playoff race.

How we come out offensively will tell me alot because we did some good things in the Bengals game and we should build on that. If we come out and try to do the power run game antics again and not spread them out, get the RBs involved in the passing game and see more Rogers than DHB I will be really disheartened.

Easy to draw up the Inactives list this week. McGlynn back to center, I assume his hand is still in a cast. I wouldn't mind seeing Khaled Holmes get some snaps.

Sun: McGlynn plays at C, offensive line plays much better.

Wed: Pagano: Oh good, Satele is healthy again

Next Sun: Satele plays C, Luck sacked 7 times by KC
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Losing this game would be completely unacceptable. A borderline fireable offense.

My prediction is that we will have one of those ugly-downright painful to watch-slow-sluggish wins like we did against Tennessee. The type of game where you turn the TV off afterwords and think, "man, that was some ugly ugly ugly football." Our defense will look "OK" because Keenum will put some turnovers right in their lap, just like the Zach Galifianakis look-alike on Tennessee did a couple weeks ago.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 12-13-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Put Toler on IR and cut him at years end.

smh good player but totally unreliable.

should have kept Powers.
    Counting down the days untill DJ Augustin's contract expires.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

McGlynn is good at Center, right? Didn't he play center for the 49ers game?

Actually not mad about that. But it's only because of Satelle being injured.

As we've learned with the coaches, they are stubborn and take too long to figure out things aren't working and change them.

As with the fact that we'll come out in a power formation the first series Sunday and DHB will be starting and not relegated to the bench.

Still kind of surprised we benched Trent. I guess we really didn't have much of a choice.

We really can't afford to lose this game. Not that it matters much beyond our confidence level, because we're pretty much locked in on the 4th seed, although stranger things have happened.

Hey, Pep, screen passes, short passes, slant passes. Throw it to Trent like we did when the Bengals game was in garbage time.

Hey morons on defense. I don't want to see a 15 second long celebration after a sack if we're losing big, either. Also, no stupid *** penalties. You know, have some class and don't embarrass the city of Indianapolis again.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Haha yeah what RJF did at Arizona was embarrassing.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post:

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johanvil View Post
    Haha yeah what RJF did at Arizona was embarrassing.
    Sheppard with his dumbass taunt, Walden headbutting someone with their helmet off and his still on.

This team just seems to have a lot of idiots on it, after starting the season being the least penalized team in the league, seems like we're making up for it with bone headed actions.

Maybe we only get flagged like 7-10 times a game, but we'll have a huge idiotic move like Sheppard that costs us 10 yards in a situation where we need a stop on defense.

Stop embarrassing us, Colts!
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions