Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 12/10/13

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 12/10/13

We'll hear all the rhetoric about how this game meant more to us, but here's some stuffs

Lebron played 4 more minutes tonight than his season average.

Bosh played 4 more than his average.

Wade played 2 more than his average.

So Miami pushed all of the big 3 further than they normally do. And I'm sure Wade's minutes going over his average are extremely closely watched.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Beasley is a loose cannon much like Lance. I hope he plays next Wednesday.

Like to see how we matchup with him on the court. Ive caught a few heat games. Beasly as unstable as he be provides instant offense.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no offense to others,,, but I don't think anyone has a clue what Oden can and cannot do. I know fans are are extreme to the point of bi-polar. I would presume a LN alum with consistent knowledge of the NBA may have some insight. Outside of the Heat Training staff that's prob as good as it gets.

not trying to offend.

If Oden plays one series it will be vs the Pacers. I wouldn't expect him to play any sooner except in practice.
    I think Miami's plan is, and should be, to rehab the hell out of Oden, run all the tests and whatnot, then the last 10 or so meaningless games work him into shape. Then garbage minutes here and there in a few playoff games to stay close to "sharp." Then consistently use him against Roy for 15 minutes or so a night in our probable series.

I just hope he doesn't have another catastrophic injury in the process. I'd feel terrible, I really wish he was able to just move on.

But seriously, feeling for Oden aside, Miami, Pat Riley, signed a guy who hasn't played a meaningful minute in FOUR YEARS to try and stop Roy Hibbert. Think about that.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Do you got a source. I haven't seen the guy play in some time.
    I saw him over the summer, and he just looked gimpy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

no offense to others,,, but I don't think anyone has a clue what Oden can and cannot do. I know fans are are extreme to the point of bi-polar. I would presume a LN alum with consistent knowledge of the NBA may have some insight. Outside of the Heat Training staff that's prob as good as it gets.

not trying to offend.

If Oden plays one series it will be vs the Pacers. I wouldn't expect him to play any sooner except in practice.
    I'm just exercising very basic common sense that goes as follows: Oden has had major injuries that effectively ended his career. He has not played in four years, and he has never been able to stay on the court. If the Heat are expecting to just toss him into the lineup against one of the best centers in the league and hoping Oden will negate his impact is extremely far fetched. It isn't impossible, but I think even Heat fans would say (mostly) the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

he's not exactly wrong
    Which is funny, because they allow Wade to use his horizontality more than any player in the league.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

Ref Obstructs Indiana's George Hill on a Fast Break
    Throughout the baseball season we heard too many reports about umpires admitting they messed up the next day. It's happened too many times during the current NFL season too. How about the NBA season? Can it escape the gaffes that the other major sports have had?

Indiana's George Hill would say no after Wednesday night's game against the Miami Heat:

Ref Obstructs Indiana's George Hill on a Fast Break
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I'm just exercising very basic common sense that goes as follows: Oden has had major injuries that effectively ended his career. He has not played in four years, and he has never been able to stay on the court. If the Heat are expecting to just toss him into the lineup against one of the best centers in the league and hoping Oden will negate his impact is extremely far fetched. It isn't impossible, but I think even Heat fans would say (mostly) the same thing.
    from the minimal amt of info ive gathered heat fans are ready to unleash Oden now. as if they expect him to play the 2nd half of the season.

tbh ive concluded the heat fan base to be about 90% clowns and the rest have relevance. nevertheless.

I don't expect Oden to contribute as much as heat fans hope for. Oden may be more of a fable or lochness monster at this point but a 7footer with understading of defense doesn't have to move much to be a difference 10 minutes a game.

b-ez is obviously the most notable up grade to this point.

not trying to offend.

I thought P4E went to Warren central, plus isn't he a lot younger than Oden lol

With the Heat vanquished, the Bobcats are the next team in our way.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:

It's amazingly clear that Roy is in Lebron's head. He has zero interest in challenging the rim. He can blame how the call the game or whatever, but the refs aren't making Lebron airball layups at the rim.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    well from all the Eric Gordon posts I assumed LN.. but then I misspoke bc Gordon went to NC. I get those two mixed up all the time.

my bad.

Mood

Yeah, that's true. But I do think his rep for using it so well allows him to get away with what would be fouls for most any other player in the league at times if we're being honest.
    True. In a world where we get burned by star calls, however... I'm completely fine with it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Also, that late play where LeBron thought he was fouled by Roy... I don't see him talking about how in that same play he hit Roy in the face hard enough to cause a nosebleed...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wish I could've seen it, but had to work. What exactly happened in this "bizarre ending" you all are talking about? And why the .gif of an airball?

EDIT: Hooray for my 4,000th post!!!
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    Wish I could've seen it, but had to work. What exactly happened in this "bizarre ending" you all are talking about? And why the .gif of an airball?

EDIT: Hooray for my 4,000th post!!!
    I watched the whole thing and I would hardly call the ending "bizarre". I mean, I guess it was a little weird that down 7 with like 22 seconds remaining the game the Heat just kind of gave up like it was over and let Hill throw the ball to a wide open Lance under the basket for a dunk, but it didn't matter and wasn't a big deal.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I watched the whole thing and I would hardly call the ending "bizarre". I mean, I guess it was a little weird that down 7 with like 22 seconds remaining the game the Heat just kind of gave up like it was over and let Hill throw the ball to a wide open Lance under the basket for a dunk, but it didn't matter and wasn't a big deal.
    Yeah, that was odd. It was over, but you're the 2 time defending champs, it's not OVER. They seriously just quit. Guess it's cuz the Heat "don't care."

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

per Brian Wynhurst on ESPN. that's when Heat players all said something like see you next week. as both teams walked off court neither shaking hands.

ya this isn't quickly becoming a rivalry or anthing.

I gotta be honest.. I felt better about our chances in Miami than at home off the 5 game WC trip. doenst mean I didn't believe we would crush em.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, that was odd. It was over, but you're the 2 time defending champs, it's not OVER. They seriously just quit. Guess it's cuz the Heat "don't care."
    they care. they got us marked on the calendar. at the end it was a little bizarre that heat down were not fighting. that's when the comments I believe were made by all heat players per Wynhurst.

ESPN game next week fellas.

I wanna see what b ez got for us.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post

I actually did watch Oden live in HS every year in the state finals(I don't remember it much ). I was at that Luke Zeller game(Oden played two games after). I will never forget that shot. One of my favorite memories as a kid.

Oden did stick out though. I doubt I will ever see another kid like that. He truly was a freak. He was Andre Drummond with more skill. It just wasn't fair at the HS level.

I typically watch North Central live more than any other team(really close to Ivy Tech so easy for me to get to). I like how much young talent they always seem to have. I have checked out Park Tutor, Lawrence Central. NC and a few class A schools this year. I am planning to see Pike and Tech really soon, but really I don't plan to watch many more HS games this year. I probably need to get a full time job so I can save up for a 4 year college. I should get scholarships, but I still need some money. I won't be able to work if I am a student manger.

I am actually not a big fan of Warren's program, with the resources they have they should be a lot better of a program.

I have no comment on the current state of Greg Oden. I doubt he ever gets healthy enough to be a real threat for a full 7 game series.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I doubt he ever gets healthy enough to be a real threat for a full 7 game series.

hard sell to a heat fan. had me thinking he could be a force for a minute. I mean the same Oden who hasn't played for awhle. maybe the small hope I have for the guy cause he seemed like a genuine person,, bigger than the spotlight type.

he shoulda went to SA though.

* SA did give Oden a look so there may be some merit. difference is SA would not be relying so much as I believe as leHeat are.

Sports Logo

hard sell to a heat fan. had me thinking he could be a force for a minute. I mean the same Oden who hasn't played for awhle. maybe the small hope I have for the guy cause he seemed like a genuine person,, bigger than the spotlight type.

he shoulda went to SA though.

* SA did give Oden a look so there may be some merit. difference is SA would not be relying so much as I believe as leHeat are.
    Spurs also signed TMac for the rest of the year last season. He gave them nothing. Remember that? TMac was at BLF for a game at BLF last year "on business" and Bird just happened to be in the building. Bird was never legitimately gone. But besides that, Spurs have a record of kicking some tires and seeing what's out there. As any well run franchise does, Miami included. Spurs are the Gold Standard, no problem with that, but they've got plenty of chinks in the armor. RC Buford's great, but he's not without fault. Bird's kind of getting the same preferential treatment now (despite Bird being, imo obviously, exponentially better, Buford didn't build the current Spurs). The problem is that Miami may actually need him to contribute beyond the point of anything he brings being a luxury.

But whatever, I hope they try and make Oden a viable player against us. Andersen gives us, and Roy, legitimate problems. So all for giving Spoelstra some dumb reasons not to give him as many minutes as possible against us. Seriously, what's wrong with a Chalmers/Wade/Lebron/Haslem/Andersen lineup Miami? I know Haslem's not the picture of health and all, but that's by far their best lineup against us but they seem deadset against it.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 12-11-2013 at 02:18 AM.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...ls=nbahpsplit1

Let's not gloss over this pre-game gem.

I felt terrible for this girl. The last 30 seconds of this interview I thought she was going to murder her BF.

Funny, but I felt bad for them. Lol.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...ls=nbahpsplit1

Let's not gloss over this pre-game gem.

I felt terrible for this girl. The last 30 seconds of this interview I thought she was going to murder her BF.

Funny, but I felt bad for them. Lol.
    Nah, dude was a little tooly I guess but way better than I'd have done in that situation. They handled it well, easy to see why they like each other, good chemistry. Woulda preferred dude went for the ether dagger with the "YO CWEBB, TIMEOUT..." when he was trying to crack jokes, but hindsight's 20/20.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Nah, dude was a little tooly I guess but way better than I'd have done in that situation. They handled it well, easy to see why they like each other, good chemistry. Woulda preferred dude went for the ether dagger with the "YO CWEBB, TIMEOUT..." when he was trying to crack jokes, but hindsight's 20/20.
    Lol!

I would have lost it if he went at CWebb like that.

I just felt bad for her when he said "OH SH.." and you could tell she was absolutely embarrassed and furious at him. But they do seem like a likable couple in general. I don't mean to insinuate otherwise