Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 12/10/13

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Heat Postgame Thread 12/10/13

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh, we had guys in the game thread that were almost as bad.
    If we'd lost the complaints about refs would be unbearable.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It still makes me smile to see LeBron lose. It makes me positively giddy when the Pacers do the honors.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

That was a fascinating game. Looked like in the first half the pacers forgot how to get good shots against the heat excellent defense. You have to look to draw the double teams and move the move quickly and make one more pass than you have to against any other team. Second half we started doing that.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If we'd lost the complaints about refs would be unbearable.

The only call that was truly bad vs just questionable was the jump ball call. That was bad. Beyond that it was the typical questionable calls going either way. Fans and the pacers were overreacting. Team is too good to get caught up with refs. They have to stop that . The heat got 8 easy points on the first half because they were too concerned with refs
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 12-10-2013 at 10:44 PM.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I thought the game was called fairly for the most part. I would like to see a couple of those straight up Hibbert calls again. Wasn't sure that it wasn't a foul on Hibbert for a couple of them. I didn't think the refs dictated the game which is always nice.

Pacers turned it over 21 times and still won somehow. However, the Heat shot 4-21 from 3 and only lost by 6. Many of those were wide open, and the Heat just missed. So, thats kind of worrisome. I feel like the Heat shooting 3's at a higher percentage than 19% is more likely than the Pacers getting their turnovers down significantly. Battier was way off tonight.
    @qandrews9428

10. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Also, PG has become too cocky. Celebrates far too much. He also seems to always assume its someone else's fault when he makes a mistake. That needs to change.
    @qandrews9428

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Folks, PLEASE realize how instrumental Vogel is to wins like these. This team will always have mentally-lacking stretches with so many young, emotional players, but the job Vogel has done getting guys to focus, develop and adapt has been nothing short of stellar. Look at a guy like Roy Hibbert. Complete headcase even a year ago. Dude is just a rock now. Look at the progression of maturity in Paul George in one half alone. Lance will always be a wildcard, but you catch my drift.

Vogel is a terrific head coach.

14. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Also, PG has become too cocky. Celebrates far too much. He also seems to always assume its someone else's fault when he makes a mistake. That needs to change.
    Don't mean to make too much of it, but he really does need to quit all the mugging after basically every shot. Get fouled? Dead ball? Do whatever you want. But if it's live get your *** back dude.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Folks, PLEASE realize how instrumental Vogel is to wins like these. This team will always have mentally-lacking stretches with so many young, emotional players, but the job Vogel has done getting guys to focus, develop and adapt has been nothing short of stellar. Look at a guy like Roy Hibbert. Complete headcase even a year ago. Dude is just a rock now. Look at the progression of maturity in Paul George in one half alone. Lance will always be a wildcard, but you catch my drift.

Vogel is a terrific head coach.
    I don't think it's all Vogel. I think having David West has helped out a ton too. That guy never seems to lose his cool and doesn't mess around.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by lolwuttermelons View Post
    Statement game. Eat up haters, enjoy that crow
    Pacers - Let the Haters say YUM!
    Haters - yum

Haters - Yum

Haters - Yum

Pacers - YUM!
    Haters - Yum

Pacers - YUM!
    Haters - Yum

Pacers - Let ALL the Haters say YUM!
    Haters - YUM!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    End of Game: We didn't try, we don't care about regular season.
    As they walk out of the Fieldhouse carrying a BIG bottle of alcohol apparently pilfered from the Varsity Club or Legends. Unfortunately the ******* got away from security, but not before BillS and I started a "Check his pockets" chant. Little Lebron jersey wearing douchebag bolted.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Bwahahaha.... apparently the Pacers do have an enforcer.

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

David West scores, then drills Mario Chalmers with a forearm coming back up the floor. Chalmers still rubbing his chest.
    — Chris Mannix (@ChrisMannixSI) December 11, 2013
    I'm not sure who it was, I think Chalmers but not sure, but in I think the 3rd quarter West straight up flattened some Heat player under the rim after one of those Roy and ones. Knocked him straight on his face from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The only call that was truly bad vs just questionable was the jump ball call. That was bad. Beyond that it was the typical questionable calls going either way. Fans and the pacers were overreacting. Team is too good to get caught up with refs. They have to stop that . The heat got 8 easy points on the first half because they were too concerned with refs
    LeBron hit two of our guys above the neck. Neither one looked unintentional. Those need to be called.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Did West hit LeBron at halfcourt at some point? I saw a reference to it but I missed the play.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Did West hit LeBron at halfcourt at some point? I saw a reference to it but I missed the play.
    Yes, LeBron had what would've been likely a dunk at the rim, and West lowered his shoulder and sort of checked him from the front. He was enough in front where it wasn't a clear path.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Great Win and fans were rocking the Fieldhouse.

With that said MIA had no Beasley, and how limited LeBron was with his back who knows. Hibbert dominated. If/When Oden is healthy it could become an issue.

What a fantastic game tonite. still doesn't mean anything come playoff time.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Hold the phone. Lebron really said this?

"What is a rivalry these days? A rivalry is Celtics-Lakers. They met like four out of five years. Bulls-Pistons [in the Jordan era]. Those are rivalries. We've played these guys two years in the playoffs and guys automatically make it a rivalry. There's no real rivalry in the NBA these days. You don't see the competition enough. These teams are really, really good teams striving to win a championship. But rivalries, man? There are no more rivalries. It's the truth. I've thought about that. There's no more rivalries. There isn't. Cowboys-Redskins is a rivalry. Ohio State and Michigan is a rivalry. Duke and North Carolina is a rivalry. We're two teams that have the same aspirations, and if we happen to meet again, then possibly. But everyone wants to classify it as a rivalry. It's not."
    If he doesn't think Pacers and Heat are rivals yet that's fine. I think he's wrong, but I get it, there's still not a ton of history. But NO RIVALRIES IN THE NBA? Maybe I'm going overboard, but that just such a massive misunderstanding of professional basketball that it sort of makes me question his competitiveness. I mean, Cowboys/Redskins? When's the last time those two played that meant a damn thing? But that's your criteria for a rivalry?

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    I could watch that all day.

Is there one of West's hit on LeBron?

Enjoy your time at PD!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Yes, LeBron had what would've been likely a dunk at the rim, and West lowered his shoulder and sort of checked him from the front. He was enough in front where it wasn't a clear path.
    Oh, I heard Quinn talk about that. He called it a "healthy foul" if I remember correctly. I saw it happen, but zoomed out and at full speed. I must have been looking away during the slo-mo, close-up replay.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Staying in Vegas tonight. Staying at the Luxor. American Country Awards going on at Mandalay Bay right next door. Walking around afterward and see Trace ****ing Adkins. I took the picture and was decked out in Pacer gear. He came up to me, shook my hand, and said, "Pacers win?"
    I said, "Yeah covered the spread."
    He said, "Hell yeah Brother. "

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Phree Refill For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I don't know who that person is but I like him. Of course, maybe he just bet em.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I want to go Stephen A Smith on anyone who mentions Greg Oden, the dude hasn't played since 2009.

Paul George 17 points, LeBron James 17 points...And Paul had a pretty bad game by his standards, he clearly wasn't prepared for the double teams, I think he will be ready now.

Roy went beast mode, and work on the free throws.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

This was my personal favorite play of the game.