Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Probably Kravitz most sensible column yet

Default Re: Probably Kravitz most sensible column yet

If you use it as a measuring stick doesn't that mean you're looking to make a statement? I don't know, I get confused with my sports cliches.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suspect each team wins 2 games in the 4 game regular season matchup. Probably each will win one game on the other teams court.

I find it interesting that after tonight we play them a week later. Then after the next matchup March 26th, we play them 2 weeks later. I think it is just a coincidence, but I think it will tend to insure a 2-2 season split. Whoever lkoses tonight will win next week, same for next pair of games.

I guess I don't understand what a statement game is. Game 7 ECF finals was that a statement game? Or are only regular season games statement games? Was OKC beating us Sunday night a statement game? Us beating the Spurs? I honestly have no idea.

Maybe the only statement that can be made is your record. 18-3 is impressive.

Did the Celtics make a statement by beaing the Heat in Miami? Did the Pistons make a statement by beating the Heat in Miami. But then the Heat just beat the Pistons in Auburn Hills. Everyone knows the east is between the heat and the pacers. The Heat respect us, they know us well.
    I think that the Spurs game was a Statement game. I know that many don't agree....but I think that the Pacers schedule ( up until this Road Trip ) was relatively easy....where the Pacers played Teams that were clearly below them or on the same level as the Pacers are. We did so well because we played against Teams that we were clearly better than and should be beating.

But this West Coast swing against 2 Elite and 1 Near Elite Team on the Road no less....was a true measure of whether we are still an "Near Elite" Team or have graduated to being an "Elite" Team. To me.....the Road Game against the Spurs was a Statement game to show if we really belonged in the same breath as the Spurs, OKC and the Heat.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree a little about not making a statement, but the wins are insanely important. The #1 seed will come down to just a few games I believe. Every time we beat the Heat we create a small cushion that we need badly.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DJVendetta For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not sure I buy that the Pacers don't have anyone with a second gear this season like LeBron and Wade. Has Kravitz been watching Paul George at all? He's been playing great basketball, and it's not like he hasn't stepped up in big moments in the past. It's just this year, he's more consistent with it.

Default Re: Probablly Kravitz most sensible column yet

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    I'm not trying to say that this game tonight is more important than family, health, well-being, or life itself. If you have a baby being born tonight, then yes you need to be with your wife and family instead of watching this game.
    PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT!!!!! They have TVs at hospitals! Focus, man!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MnvrChvy For This Useful Post:

^^ Yeah. Put a TV under the sheet, next to the stirrups. You can watch both events at the same time.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tonight is a must win game. Anytime we can put a W in our column and a loss in theirs at the same time is VERY important. I think the number one seed is gonna come down to the wire at the end of the year. We need to get this win.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miller_time04 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    There's no more confidence to be gained by beating Miami in the regular season.

Maybe, Maybe not ... But one thing I will tell you it will do ...

If Indiana comes out tonight and beats Miami , what WILL be gained...... is a seed of doubt ....... a seed of doubt that will be implanted into the back of the minds of everyone on the Miami Heat that the Pacers are their roadblock to the championship this year in the east..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Maybe, Maybe not ... But one thing I will tell you it will do ...

If Indiana comes out tonight and beats Miami , what WILL be gained...... is a seed of doubt ....... a seed of doubt that will be implanted into the back of the minds of everyone on the Miami Heat that the Pacers are their roadblock to the championship this year in the east..
    The Pacers beat Miami by 10 in the first game last season. The Pacers won by 13 in the second game. We all know how the playoffs turned out. Tonight's game has little meaning on what's going to happen in this year's playoffs.

And I'm not sure some posters on here truly understand what "must win" game are. December 10th games are not must win.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    The Pacers beat Miami by 10 in the first game last season. The Pacers won by 13 in the second game. We all know how the playoffs turned out. Tonight's game has little meaning on what's going to happen in this year's playoffs.

And I'm not sure some posters on here truly understand what "must win" game are. December 10th games are not must win.
    The only meaning it has is in the hearts of the fans.

I want to be entertained, darnit. A win will entertain me. Whatever value or importance you all need to attach to the game in order to influence the outcome towards a win, I'm in.

We have seen how we can win every game for like 3 weeks in a row and not necessarily pick up a game on the Heat because tbey win them all too. We win and they lose because of it? That accomplishes a lot. They all count but this is a nice opportunity
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Kravitz is wrong. This game does have importance beyond the 1 of 82. At the end of the game, the players were chirping at each other about 'see you next week'. The NBA is such a next game, if it's tuesday it must be Philly, type of league that the only games the players really care about are the ones in their home town and the ones against the guys they don't like.

Long story short. If the players care about the game enough to know the next time they play each other, the game matters.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Kravitz is wrong. This game does have importance beyond the 1 of 82. At the end of the game, the players were chirping at each other about 'see you next week'. The NBA is such a next game, if it's tuesday it must be Philly, type of league that the only games the players really care about are the ones in their home town and the ones against the guys they don't like.

Long story short. If the players care about the game enough to know the next time they play each other, the game matters.
    Really interesting point! I remember last week Hibbert had no idea who they were playing after the Portland game. (The Jazz)
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    Kravitz is wrong. This game does have importance beyond the 1 of 82.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Kravitz
    While this is certainly more than one game out of 82...
    _