Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pacers/Spurs Postgame Thread 12/7/13

Wake me up next season.
    Mood

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Spurs Postgame Thread 12/7/13

Very nice to get the win, but as good as I know SA is, am still wondering how
    this happened. Either they rolled over early, or we rolled them over early.
    Something wierd just happened...
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

San Antonio's record is a bit of a mirage, they've not performed well against good teams. But they're still very good.

That said, this was a grown up game. We've become a little bit of Spurs East the last few years the way we emphasize chemistry and culture and "team" top to bottom in the franchise. They hit some nutty stuff in the last 5 or so minutes to make it respectable, but little brother's a grown man now and just went to San Antonio and punked big bro for the first time since I was in high school. HIGH SCHOOL, I'm turning 30 next month, I'm starting to lose my damn hair, that's how long it's been.

Going into the year I was thinking another tough series loss to Miami would be fine, I'd be more or less satisfied. **** that, I want my replica ring. This is the best Pacers team in NBA history, title or bust.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by RamBo_Lamar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very nice to get the win, but as good as I know SA is, am still wondering how
    this happened. Either they rolled over early, or we rolled them over early.
    Something wierd just happened...
    spurs are hustling us for the finals... !?!?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I wouldn't call it a good thing, just an unimportant thing. Right now all we can hope is that maybe Orlando will remember how to shoot like he did last year. He is shooting 50% from one step inside the arc, but hasn't been able to hit a three to save his life for most of the season. Around the basket he is shooting 55%.
    When Monte Ellis started playing for Don nelson under the Warriors as a rookie, Monte wasn't doing very well shooting th 3pt ball. In practice though, Monta was doing very well shooting just inside the arc. So Don Nelson, the guy that loves for his Team to take 3pt shots, told Monte that when he's going to take a shot from the perimeter....he wanted him to step one foot inside the 3pt line and take a better percentage shot instrad of a 3pt shot that Monte ( at that point in his career ) wasn't quite ready to take and effectively make.

Long story short....maybe OJ should ( for now ) take the shot that he is more comfortable taking ( simply by stepping 1 foot inside the line ) instead of one that he ( up to this point in his career ) isn't quite ready to take.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    When Monte Ellis started playing for Don nelson under the Warriors as a rookie, Monte wasn't doing very well shooting th 3pt ball. In practice though, Monta was doing very well shooting just inside the arc. So Don Nelson, the guy that loves for his Team to take 3pt shots, told Monte that when he's going to take a shot from the perimeter....he wanted him to step one foot inside the 3pt line and take a better percentage shot instrad of a 3pt shot that Monte ( at that point in his career ) wasn't quite ready to take and effectively make.

Long story short....maybe OJ should ( for now ) take the shot that he is more comfortable taking ( simply by stepping 1 foot inside the line ) instead of one that he ( up to this point in his career ) isn't quite ready to take.
    I'm not sure that is the case, although might be worth a try. One small sample size (only 8 shots from just inside the 3), two in 3 of the 5 3-point areas he is shooting basically identical percentages as last year. The problem is the two areas where he shot over 50% last season the top and top left he has shot 1 for 9. Another problem with that is Orlando spends far more time on the right side than he does on the left. Based on last years shot distribution it seems to be true last year too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerfan View Post
    Pop:
    "If you lose, you were less aggressive, and you didn't have the effort; that's all baloney," San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said. "That's psycho-babble. You don't think Patty Mills and those guys played hard? You don't think Timmy tried to play hard? That's silly. They played better than we did. It's got nothing to do with effort."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489169

This guy has the best quotes EVER.
    And that's exactly why Pop is an amazing coach.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This game was hilarious. The Spurs thought we were going to quit after the bad start, once we came back, they didn't know what was going on lol. Also the crowd was hilarious still cheering an yelling when we were up 20 points late in the 4th
    David "And One" West

I'm so freakin' happy with this win, I wanted this one more than any other on this road trip.
    This team is just amazing, I love everything about them.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

When I saw the 1st quarter with San Antonio hitting virtually everything and those mid/long range jumpers that we want to give to our opponents and with us settling for jumpers and not showing particular will to post or drive, I immediately thought same old same old, we will never beat them at their place.

But the team reacted excellently in the second half, reducing the deficit in the 2nd quarter and taking the lead at the second. Then in the 3rd quarter we just cracked it wide open and it was a joy to see.

Great great result and a statement win. Really happy for the guys.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

finally got to rewatch the game after working all night on 3rd shift, was that even real life? I've never seen a team just dismantle the spurs that bad at home. Despite the garbage time stat padding to make it look a tad bit more respectable towards the end for the spurs benefit that was pure domination from about midway through the second quarter and through the third. Maybe we can get a chant going for paul when he comes home between the G2 Zone and Area 55 for "MV" "PG" make it happen folks

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Next!

man i was expecting a loss and after the bad start i went to bed (well it was 4am and i was too sleepy) now i feel like an idiot. watched the game it felt great. i'm so glad we are making all those broken record guys that keep saying "but they didn't play this and that" shut up. can't wait to shut up ****ing heat bandwagoners on tuesday too.

Every Indiana player that scored (7), tallied 12 or more points. Paul George posted a game-high 28 points on 9 of 14 shooting—4 for 4 from outside and 6 for 6 at the line. The Pacers were +33 with David West on the floor. He scored 20, just his second game with 20 or more and Lance Stephenson added 15.

Roy Hibbert (12 points, 10 rebounds) finished in double figures for the sixth consecutive game and he registered his seventh double-double of the season. Luis Scola also had 12 and 10 for his first double-double with the Pacers.
    Wow.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This game was hilarious. The Spurs thought we were going to quit after the bad start, once we came back, they didn't know what was going on lol. Also the crowd was hilarious still cheering an yelling when we were up 20 points late in the 4th
    I noticed that too. The crowd would lose their minds after a dunk down 20+. I mean, it's cool that the crowd is into it and supports the team regardless of score or circumstance. But really?

So what do we expect tonight? I'm worried that this might be another Bulls loss, with so much energy and emotion going into last night. But this team is constantly surprising me, so anything is possibe

20. The Following User Says Thank You to lolwuttermelons For This Useful Post:

Wake me up next season.
    Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by lolwuttermelons View Post
    So what do we expect tonight? I'm worried that this might be another Bulls loss, with so much energy and emotion going into last night. But this team is constantly surprising me, so anything is possibe
    I expect the Pacers to have a game against OKC similar to this Spurs game.
    Try to keep the game close in the first half, then step up their attack early
    in the 2nd half and pull away. And if the Pacers do end up winning, it will
    likely be thanks to a huge dagger they stick in their hearts, and that
    huge dagger is called Paul George.
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

Impressive win.

Random but who has the Championship belt now?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dallas.
    @qandrews9428

This is just a theory but... I wouldn't put it past Coach Pop not wanting to show the Pacers everything the Spurs have... you know, in case these two teams meet in the Finals... just saying...
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SamBear View Post
    This is just a theory but... I wouldn't put it past Coach Pop not wanting to show the Pacers everything the Spurs have... you know, in case these two teams meet in the Finals... just saying...
    Another theory I have is just the Pacers beat the complete **** out of the Spurs. Not having a healthy Splitter definently hurt them defensively, but honestly I think the Pacers found out more in that game than anything, about using West/Scola combo against smaller teams.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    Another theory I have is just the Pacers beat the complete **** out of the Spurs. Not having a healthy Splitter definently hurt them defensively, but honestly I think the Pacers found out more in that game than anything, about using West/Scola combo against smaller teams.
    Or this... LOL
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

HOW SWEET IT IS!!!!

The Pacers have some issues, but you can't complain with an 18-2 record. That's .900 ball!!! UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    Maybe we can get a chant going for paul when he comes home between the G2 Zone and Area 55 for "MV" "PG" make it happen folks
    Call and response during the game is pretty much impossible with the crowds the Pacers are drawing now, but MVPG has been in at least the Area 55 toolbox since the Chicago game.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca