Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Spurs Postgame Thread 12/7/13

Default Re: Pacers/Spurs Postgame Thread 12/7/13

I make nothing of that late Spurs run other than P Mills trying to sucker someone into overpaying on a new contract, and reach-in fouls apparently no longer being a thing.

Love that so many players stepped up, West just played like a MAN. Reminded me of his play in the NYK series last year. Just "we're winning 'cuz I say so, now get out of my face or die".

Too many positives to list, not the least of which was the TO battle especially thru 2nd & 3rd quarters.

To stay a bit grounded, of course, because vomiting rainbows is boring...

1. I think this team can be better. Some of that is Granger. Some of that is guys like Watson continuing to grow in their roles. Most of it is that I think there are plenty of players who still haven't scratched the surface on this team. I look forward to seeing this squad in Feb-Mar.

2. I've been a Ian cheerleader all year because he's been solid in his role...until this road trip. It's not even matchups so much as bad basketball, and as someone who's been in Ian's corner, I'm a bit disappointed in what I've seen.

3. I really, really don't trust Orlando Johnson. But if my gripe is that I don't trust a player who will barely see the court if/when Granger is healthy, that's probably a good thing.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Hibbert For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Pacers were all like:

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet I know how Coach Popovich feels about it...
    "No comment."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iogyhufi For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

90%. 1/4 of the season. Incredible is the word.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to zaldylee For This Useful Post:

J7F

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    3. I really, really don't trust Orlando Johnson. But if my gripe is that I don't trust a player who will barely see the court if/when Granger is healthy, that's probably a good thing.
    I wouldn't call it a good thing, just an unimportant thing. Right now all we can hope is that maybe Orlando will remember how to shoot like he did last year. He is shooting 50% from one step inside the arc, but hasn't been able to hit a three to save his life for most of the season. Around the basket he is shooting 55%. Just half his shots, and lately more than half, are from three point range. He was playing better when he was shooting the 3 less, and driving more. When he was driving more he was scoring about 5 or 6 a game, with a decent FG%. Now he is scoring about 3 points per game, and his FG% is down to 41.8%. Looking at the game log it really seems like things changed after the New York game, which was also when Cope started to get minutes because he hit a bunch of threes against Chicago. Might be he feels pressured to make more threes and it is effecting his game?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Skip Bayless ✔ @RealSkipBayless
    Follow

Pacers come from 13 down to blow out Spurs at SA. Made Spurs look old and/or slow on D. Pacers at another level right now on both ends.

By me ^^

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to picasso For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    I wouldn't call it a good thing, just an unimportant thing. Right now all we can hope is that maybe Orlando will remember how to shoot like he did last year. He is shooting 50% from one step inside the arc, but hasn't been able to hit a three to save his life for most of the season. Around the basket he is shooting 55%. Just half his shots, and lately more than half, are from three point range. He was playing better when he was shooting the 3 less, and driving more. When he was driving more he was scoring about 5 or 6 a game, with a decent FG%. Now he is scoring about 3 points per game, and his FG% is down to 41.8%. Looking at the game log it really seems like things changed after the New York game, which was also when Cope started to get minutes because he hit a bunch of threes against Chicago. Might be he feels pressured to make more threes and it is effecting his game?
    I just don't trust his decisions. He makes poor decisions. I like that he's a strong guard, and I agree, driving to the hoop is his strength. But I don't trust him to do that without fouling or turning it over. And I don't trust his rotations on defense. It's totally just my opinion and not a popular one on here, but I don't think he's a smart basketball player, and it stands out on a team of smart players.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So, Pacers starters outscored Spurs starters 87-45.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Having two power forwards like David West AND Luis Scola just does not seem fair, but I can live with it. Wow. Two uber smart and efficient players.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Also this just in, Paul George is good.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Also this just in, Paul George is good.
    Hmm. Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad-Mad-Mario For This Useful Post:

Great game, winning seems to come natural now. Except for when the 2nd tried to throw it away at the end. Man I know I should temper my hopes, but 20 minutes a night from Granger instead of Solo and OJ would take the 2nd unit up a level. Scola, Granger, CJ, Mahinmi, and even Lance.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to sopgy For This Useful Post:

Great game... Took lots of pictures... OF SCOLA!!!!
    12/27/2005 at Spurs - SamBear - 3

1/2/2008 vs Memphis - SamBear - 19

4/9/2014 - Luis Scola also recorded a season high with 24 points and Evan Turner added 23 for Indiana.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SamBear For This Useful Post:

Great win but I have to agree with Shade the bench is suspect.

Fortunately we had a big enough lead that it didn't matter in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    I just don't trust his decisions. He makes poor decisions. I like that he's a strong guard, and I agree, driving to the hoop is his strength. But I don't trust him to do that without fouling or turning it over. And I don't trust his rotations on defense. It's totally just my opinion and not a popular one on here, but I don't think he's a smart basketball player, and it stands out on a team of smart players.
    I don't think this team is particularly smart. I think it is just easier to focus on his dumb players because he isn't as skilled as Lance or Paul to make up for when he does something stupid. Paul does a lot of stupid stuff, especially when he is passing, but you don't focus on it because he later goes off for 10 straight points or has a highlight reel dunk or whatever. With Orlando though, he might do something stupid and it might be the only thing stupid he does the whole game, but it is easy to focus on it because he only plays 10 to 15 minutes and doesn't put up gaudy stats.

Quote Originally Posted by owl View Post
    Having two power forwards like David West AND Luis Scola just does not seem fair, but I can live with it. Wow. Two uber smart and efficient players.
    yep, smart players and they can BOTH hit those mid range shots where as last year, only dave could. getting scola has been such a help for the bench.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

There was a thread about fools gold???? anyone remember.

did the spurs let us win... so that we have confidewnce vs leheat then they can b**** our ***** in the finals??

"green"

* popivich was *******

GREAT WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    Hmm. Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    You can never EVER go wrong with a Simpsons quote.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That was fun

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    That was fun
    It was quite fun, we got a big 5, or more like a big 7! Maybe make it a big 8 if Granger comes back close to what he was.

Oh, and I'd love some Odd Thoughts to cap off this great night. The Alamo was seized by blue and gold tonight.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

THis is a historic win. This has the mark of a champion. GO AHEAD AND CROWN THEIR ***!

I was really worried after the 1st quarter, I thought....here we go again another San Antonio Blow out. 11 years, and nothing has changed. But all the sudden D West came back into the game, Paul George Came back into the game. Adjustments were made and the Pacers systematically dismantled them over the next 2 quarters. I mean just crazy the show those 2 put on. Spurs just dont lose at home, It just doesn't happen. They have a way of just lulling teams to sleep with perfect execution. Yet the Pacer's weathered the storm and started landing hay-makers.

Our bench is still inconsistent, but I have a feeling that in about 2 weeks time they'll solve the issue. All the ill advised shots and just down right stupid plays will start to go down and be replaced with DG's corner 3's
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

mentioned in the game thread. but if someone stated pacers were going 81-1

guessing I would have stated we lost in SA right.

STATEMENT WIN. lil hesitant w so many off days for SA. OKC game will be interesting to say the least.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:

Pop:
    "If you lose, you were less aggressive, and you didn't have the effort; that's all baloney," San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich said. "That's psycho-babble. You don't think Patty Mills and those guys played hard? You don't think Timmy tried to play hard? That's silly. They played better than we did. It's got nothing to do with effort."

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489169

This guy has the best quotes EVER.

38. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Pacerfan For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo

i am beginning to think that we are legit.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    The Pacers left their normal hammer on the bus. Instead, they found a sledgehammer to throw down on the Spurs.
    They lost the hammer somewhere between Utah and San Antonio. I am sure that Candace will blog about it soon
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post: