Thread: Is The Only Thing Keeping Paul George From Being A Superstar....

Default Is The Only Thing Keeping Paul George From Being A Superstar....

Is media? He has the skills, getting on ESPN, fans of different teams and casual NBA fans are even calling him a superstar, 3rd place in MVP ladder...but do you feel PG needs commercials, shoe deal, ect to become a household name? I was thinking a 'chip would do it, but CP3 and Blake don't have anything but they have said above. What do you guys think?

Default Re: Is The Only Thing Keeping Paul George From Being A Superstar....

I think he is already a superstar, the media treats him like it, and he is in a couple of commercials as well

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BlueCollarColts For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

The media definitely treats him like a superstar
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MillerTime For This Useful Post:

Yes, he has been elevated to superstar status by anyone paying attention. I see nothing but 20+ppg averages for the next decade or so for him. He will be a perennial all-star.

The thing keeping him from being a superstar is time. A full season of this, and in the playoffs, and then it's legit. Right now he's playing at that level but it's premature.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to danman For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He is already referred to in superstar terms by the media. You could really tell with the Portland game where we lost but still a lot of headlines and stories focused on PG's play.

If he keeps this up for the season and does well in the playoffs we'll probably start seeing more endorsement deals.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

I want him to have a shoe deal... I would buy those things immediately

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

PG has commercials.

He also had the one where he was featured for the tip off ad that I can't find.
    @qandrews9428

Sports Logo

Like 95% of the league has shoe deals. Signature shoes are really rare, there's only what, like 5? Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Howard, Wade's Chinese shoes, any others?

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

He's at Star level. Superstar implies that he'd be hyped even if the Pacers were losing. I don't think he's there yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Mood

The only thing keeping Paul from being a superstar? Nothing, he's there.
    2013-2014
    The Lost Season

Played like one tonight!

For everyone that had been saying you don't need a superstar to win a champioinship, Paul George is going to show us this year why it's much easier to win a championship with a bona fide superstar on your team. I don't think anyone, in or outside of Indiana, can doubt that PG is top 5 in the league.

I think the only thing holding him back at this point is his low free-throw attempt average. I think he has arrived in all other facets, including the media.

Banned

Paul George is a Super star.

His play has spoken for itself. He's a Superstar.

Mood

I look at the word "Superstar" differently than most people. To me, Blake Griffin is a "Superstar", but Paul George isn't. In contrast, Paul George is an "Elite" player, but Blake Griffin isn't.

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

He does need a shoe deal...so I can wear official Paul George Nike shoes!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like 95% of the league has shoe deals. Signature shoes are really rare, there's only what, like 5? Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Howard, Wade's Chinese shoes, any others?
    CP3 Melo Drose. Theres a few more I think

Edit: Throw Blake, Kyrie, & Curry in there too
    Last edited by CreekShow; 12-08-2013 at 06:35 PM.
    I Bleed Blue

Wth the way he's been playing, the only thing keeping Paul George from superstar status is the acceptance that he truly is a superstar in this league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wth the way he's been playing, the only thing keeping Paul George from superstar status is the acceptance that he truly is a superstar in this league.
    Everybody is accepting it but Skip Bayless and some people here.

Media does not and cannot keep anyone from being a superstar. They aren't in charge

..that he only plays the second halves?

Its all about winning the finals

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

The refs don't think he is, no doubting that. We will find out Tues. night what they think.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."