Thread: Seems some teams have called about Pollard

Sports Logo

Default Seems some teams have called about Pollard

Hello, Scot

While Scot Pollard has languished on the bench much of this season, Western Conference teams have been calling the Pacers to see if they are interested in trading him.

The Pacers aren't looking to do so, and lately he's shown why he's considered a valuable asset.

Pollard, who has averaged just 1.5 points in 31 games this season, did not play in six of the eight games previous to the one at San Antonio on Jan. 10. But he's played 50 minutes over the four games since then, contributing 14 rebounds and solid defense.

Pollard played just five minutes against the Nets, but he got two rebounds, including a tip-in that tied the score in the third quarter.

"Pollard only played five minutes, but he played five very productive minutes," coach Rick Carlisle said.

Pollard also helped keep Tim Duncan in check in a 14-minute appearance in Friday's win over San Antonio. He had similar success against Duncan and other Western Conference centers while playing for Sacramento before he was traded to the Pacers last summer.

That's something the Pacers' front office keeps in the back of its collective mind, should the team reach the Finals.

http://www.indystar.com/articles/9/112789-1399-039.html

Question: I see Scot Pollard is getting NO playing time these days. Are the Pacers likely to seek a trade for Scot? Does he have trade value? I would think Toronto (Lamond Murray or Alvin Williams) in the East or Memphis (Stromile Swift) and Dallas (Fortson or Bradley) out West might use a banger like Pollard ... and return a usable player for the Pacers. Scot, of course, was a fan favorite in Sacramento and all of us "King Zanies" hope Scot finds a place to play. (Frank from Sacramento, Calif.)

Answer: I doubt the Pacers would be opposed to including Pollard in a trade if something comes up they like. He has some value -- not for what he's done this season, but for how he played with the Kings. But that's why the Pacers would be reluctant to trade him. Rick Carlisle believes he might be a valuable player in the playoffs because of his size and experience.

It's certainly been surprising that he hasn't contributed more, but Jeff Foster has taken the minutes some people assumed Pollard would get and Jermaine O'Neal plays center as well. The No. 3 player at any position rarely gets to play

http://www.indystar.com/articles/8/025639-4458-116.html

(I think the reason we are not talking trade is not his experience but that Donnie will not do a trade while we have a record like this)

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Seems some teams have called about Pollard

Seems like the Pacers could be drumming up the selling price, if you ask me.

I'd definitely be open to a trade for Bradley if the Mavs want to work a deal out. Why the Pacers wouldn't is beyond me. Bradley does a good defensive job against everyone not named Shaq in the west and he can knock down the open 'J'.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Oh great - a skinny Bender and a skinny Bradley on the court at the same time. Would look like a 5 on 3 game.
    The best exercise of the human heart is reaching down and picking someone else up.

Bradley =

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bradley =
    Not when he plays against us. Shawn Bradley, warts and all, is still twice the player that Scott Pollard is. If nothing else, he blocks a lot of shots and changes several others.

Pollard can take up space and rebound a little but his hands of stone and offensive ineptitude really kills the Pacers momentum each time he enters the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Well, Pollard and Freddy Jones for Dale Davis works.

A trade I like even better is Pollard/Croshere/F.Jones/Anderson works for Davis/McInnis/Outlaw.

Portland might spring for that if we included a pick. Worth offering, anyway.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well, Pollard and Freddy Jones for Dale Davis works.

A trade I like even better is Pollard/Croshere/F.Jones/Anderson works for Davis/McInnis/Outlaw.

Portland might spring for that if we included a pick. Worth offering, anyway.

Well according to Vesey's column quoted elsewhere in this forum, DD is available. And I was reading yesterdday that McInnis is unhappy with his role in P-land (would it be any better here tho???).
    We could definately use DD's big body so OK, I approve, do it.
    (BTW other that provide a couple highlight dunks what has FJones done yet?)
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Played some very good D and been the second best passer on the team.

I'll give you the Defense part. Fred has been great in some cases on perimater defense.

Passing though? I'm not sure I would say he is the second best passer on the team. Brewer is a pretty good passer.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

I'll give you the Defense part. Fred has been great in some cases on perimater defense.

Passing though? I'm not sure I would say he is the second best passer on the team. Brewer is a pretty good passer.

I would refine the comment about Freddie's passing to this. Jones is very good at making plays for his teammates. Peck, if you notice when Freddie and AJ are in the game, sure AJ brings the ball up but they generally give the ball to Jones and he runs a high pick and roll and he is very good at getting into the lane and making the pass

IMO Freddie has defended Iverson and Baron Davis better than anyone else the Pacers have

Artest has had some pretty good moments as well. Before Tinsley came back the offense didn't really start until the ball got in Artest's hands - it seemed to be working pretty well, though not nearly as well as having a PG who can push the ball and pass like Tinsley.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire