Thread: Do you like the Pacers fronting the post

Default Do you like the Pacers fronting the post

I for one love how the Pacers are fronting the post. Have wanted them to do it for years but when they changed the illegal defensive rules three years ago it makes it even easier to front the post.

Pacers never really have done it before. Under Larry Brown they three quartered and did a good job of pushing the post man off the block. But under Bird and Isiah the pacers generally just let the post man get the ball and then they went to work.

Fronting the post is not easy, you have to get ball pressure on the guy feeding the post and you have to get quick and strong weakside help which the pacers have gotten especially good at. But it is a no brainer with the type of defenders the Pacers have at the front court positions. Jeff, AL, J.O, Cro, Scot and Ron all can get to post player really quick.

Two weaknesses of fronting is it can open up penetration lanes and it can open up the offensive boards. But I don't see those two things bothering the Pacers right now.

Just one more reason why I love this coaching staff

Default Re: Do you like the Pacers fronting the post

I've learned to love it.

Also, I think part of the rebounding weakness is partially neutralized by Mr. Foster.

Sports Logo

As long as it worked I am all for it. But I have to tell you I thought they were doing it because Jeff could not defend well enough to allow the post player to catch the ball. Last night showed that he can.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnar For This Useful Post:

As long as it worked I am all for it. But I have to tell you I thought they were doing it because Jeff could not defend well enough to allow the post player to catch the ball. Last night showed that he can.
    Sounds like win-win to me. We can switch as necissary.

It always makes me nervous.

I used to LOVE it when people fronted Rik in the post.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I think it might work well for Bender also. With his leaping ability, it would take a near perfect entry pass to be successful and with that much of a "lob" your weakside has more time to get there.

I would rather be the hammer than the nail

I LUV it

Until the man gets sealed and the ball gets swung....***DUNK***

luv it when the P's do this but fear other teams doing it in return