Thread: Kevin Hart to play LeBron James' brother in "Ballers"

Default Kevin Hart to play LeBron James' brother in "Ballers"

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/kevi...vie-universal/

Here’s The Real ‘Twins’ Sequel: Kevin Hart To Play LeBron James’ Brother In ‘Ballers’

EXCLUSIVE: Kevin Hart is signing on to star with LeBron James in Ballers, Lebron James Kevin Hart Ballersthe basketball comedy for Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment. Brian Grazer and Michael Rosenberg are producing.

Hart will first co-write the comedy along with his scripting teammates Joey Wells, Chris Spencer and Harry Ratchford. He’ll then star as a man who lives in the shadow of his NBA superstar brother (James), but gets a chance to prove himself when he and some pals attend a weekend fantasy basketball camp in Miami. Hart is certainly dominant in the stand-up arena, but posting up against this screen sibling could be dangerous. Hart is under 5’3″ while James is a towering 6’8.” That kind of sibling size differential hasn’t been seen since Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenegger starred in another Universal comedy, Twins. They’ll sign a director when Hart and his cohorts turn in the script. The plan is to start production next summer when James has time off.

James has been looking to make his feature starring debut in this film for a couple of years, but it has taken time to get this project off the ground. The script was first written by Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel, with Peter Steinfeld. Meanwhile, Hart has been making stuff happen all over town. He stars for Universal with Ice Cube in Ride Along, and the studio is so bullish that a sequel is already well along; after scoring a hit in Think Like A Man, Hart will be heading the cast in that sequel as well. He also completed a reboot of About Last Night, and is starring for Chris Rock in Finally Famous. He has the charisma to help James make the transition to acting like Michael Jordan did in Space Jam when MJ was the NBA’s best player. James has led the Miami Heat to back-to-back championships and won four MVP awards, and there is little argument he is the game’s dominant baller. James will be exec producer on the film along with Maverick Carter, Kim Roth and Hart. Hart is repped by UTA, 3 Arts and Schreck Rose Dapello & Adams

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Kevin Hart to play LeBron James' brother in "Ballers"

I heard Chris Bosh is trying to weasel his way into a cameo role, will later claim he was one of the film's greatest performances.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Calling it now, much like much of Lebron's playing arsenal, this movie will flop.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

inb4 irrational Lebron hate
    On the Lance bandwagon

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I like Kevin Hart. I think he's hilarious. I think the fact that they are playing brothers is absurd in a hilarious way because Kevin Hart is seriously like 5'2. And we all know LeBron can act by all his flops on the court.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Doesn't sound like something I'd pay to see, but I might watch it when it's airing on TBS at 3am and I'm having trouble falling asleep.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

First Dwade now LeBron? Maybe they can bring back Dinosaurs and Bosh can get his own.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

And he's already starting his transition into a monster cash making cow (not in a bad way) after basketball.
    DG for 3

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First Dwade now LeBron? Maybe they can bring back Dinosaurs and Bosh can get his own.
    He is... it's gonna be part sequel, part movie mashup between being a Jurassic Park 4 mixed with The Island of Dr Moreau ....

Boshasaurus Rex in da house lol
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."