Thread: moved

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default moved

I deleted my response, but really, that's an infraction now?
    ďJust because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.Ē ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Granger To Resume Practice

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I deleted my response, but really, that's an infraction now?

Seriously, what is going on?

So is typing the name "Danny Granger" with the word "knee" now an infraction?

Default Re: moved

and this is where we answer reasonalbe questions.

bball's post was a personal attack, calling arguments strawman arguments and the 5 reallys made that a fact.

sollozzo, dont start overestimating the importance of what is being posted if common decency can not be obtained and/or adhered to.

we (the administrators of this board) have had enough and we want to change the attitude back to what it was and what we envisioned when it was build.

the personal attacks, the grandsstanding on perhaps being right, it all has to stop, discussion can be held polite, we don't need to come over like (fill in your favorite hoodlum) to make a point, and if you do, then this is not the place for you.

smart alleck remarks like yours are also borderline, just an FYI
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

I think we might define personal attacks differently. I don't think Since took it as a personal attack. I apologize to him if it was taken that way.

There was really no argument or anyone heated AFAIK so an infraction seems a little questionable versus a warning and just pointing out it could be taken wrong and letting it be cleared up out in the open and not requiring deleted replies.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

A: infractions should be deleted since there is no other way of making it clear
    B: you did attack him whether he sees it that way or not, it is high time this stopped, it has become habitual on the forum again and it goes against all we want to stand for
    C: i stopped giving warnings some time ago, they don't nearly work as well as the real thing, it's only 1 point, so room plenty to manouver, it is still a warning, no bans, no blocks nothing, just one with a little more consequences.

it is nothing personal, it is just an attitude check we will hold across the board, sorry you were a "victim" of this (our harder contrll of the rules), but we can only get back to the civilized board we had if we stop the rot somewhere.

I certainly understand that. I think if I could offer a suggestion it is a mod pointing out posts that cross the line and letting them stand with their infraction clearly indicated might give everyone a better idea of where the line is (unless someone is blatantly trolling and trying to incite responses). Otherwise it becomes a mystery to everyone who didn't see the post and thus doesn't serve as any type of guidepost for anyone else and their future posts. Especially if the line is going to be moved to try and change the tone of the forum.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

i agree but alas there is not yet a mod that allows us to do just that, we're working on it!