Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Blazers Post Game thread - 12/2

Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game thread - 12/2

There's a bunch of PG hype threads from the last year and a half or so where I was telling people to chill out with the expectations. He'd never be an efficient 20+ a night guy, never a #1 option.

Glad to look like an idiot.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by seeker80 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't get me wrong, he gives the Pacers an element we have NEVER had. An uptempo, push the ball, let it all hang out playmaker. But he also brings to the table what we have had more than our share of, head cases who nearly killed this franchise.

I do not trust this guy. And it has nothing to do with his play. It's just got some of the same smell of how we handled Artest (although thankfully on a small scale). When the "Legend's" handpicked guy, Carlisle, was getting his nosed rubbed in it by Artest, Bird was referring to him as "Ronnie". Too much work has been done by to many people to go backwards.

Championship teams don't have immaturity on them. When you get to the Finals, there is just no margin for error and no place for tantrums.

I pray he proves me wrong...
    I'm not going to say that I don't see what you do....I suspect many here do as well but willfully ignore it due to his potential. But I will keep on referring to my Star Wars analogy. I hope that Bird and Vogel are able to make sure that he does stay on the "Light side of the Force" and not fall pray to the lure of the "Dark Side of the Force" ( just because the Dark Side has cookies doesn't mean it's worth it ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Is PG's midrange jumper this real? I mean. At least so far he's like Dirk from midrange. That's an unreal compliment. I keep thinking it has to come down to earth. But man, he's midrange has just been deadly. Like Kobe from the midrange. He gets so much separation when he splits that double. It's just impossible to guard. I'm starting to wonder if there is anything he can't do.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Oh and guys check out the following 15 posts or so from BlazersEdge: http://www.blazersedge.com/2013/12/2...zers#201350845

Hilarious. BlazersEdge is always a great read, and they didn't disappoint this time...

"jesus has a candle on his mantle of paul george."

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Not enough love for Portland in this thread. They matched us shot for (penis) shot and their soccer mom-based crowd was going nuts. (The streamers at the end were a little much, but that was a hell of an atmosphere.) Their defensive scheme forced us into a lot of jumpers, which worked for PG obviously, but overall a solid setup. I think the game ends up 12-15 points if Paul doesn't go h.a.m. from deep. Great execution on offense; some of the calls may have been suspect, but they handled their damn business at the line.

Ian Report: Ian had a hard ****ing time, okay? Mo and Damian were reading everything perfectly on the PnR. And we were playing too much two on two PnR defense, which you cannot do against a team with that kind of spacing and shooting. Stotts is obviously CotY atm. On the PnR, it felt like Ian and Roy had to guard three guys at a time and those two just got open for pull-up jumpers or passes to shooters. I don't think the game was that close by the end, but if there is a better Monday night game this year, well, good.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    Is PG's midrange jumper this real? I mean. At least so far he's like Dirk from midrange. That's an unreal compliment. I keep thinking it has to come down to earth. But man, he's midrange has just been deadly. Like Kobe from the midrange. He gets so much separation when he splits that double. It's just impossible to guard. I'm starting to wonder if there is anything he can't do.
    Idk, have you seen him shoot a floater? I make the same face Roy does when he guards LaMarcus Aldridge.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AesopRockOn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AesopRockOn View Post
    Idk, have you seen him shoot a floater? I make the same face Roy does when he guards LaMarcus Aldridge.
    Haha true

Read it and weep:

Sports Logo

Sorta feels like the Blazers have supplanted Memphis as the little engine that could in the West. They're not a fluke, they're good guys. That game against them in Indy is going to be a blast.

Only right to see em in the Finals and end Stern's tenure on a nightmare. Networks would hate it but that'd be a GREAT series. I'm still not entirely convinced Portland's as good as their record, Matthews is playing way above his head (much like Lance), but not like he's some scrub that caught fire, he's always been a strong player. Portland's damn good and I'll enjoy following them the rest of the way.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Also, was it Earl Watson that threw the pass that got stolen? I always liked that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Romsey31 View Post
    Wish we took our defense with us on the road trip
    We're playing far, FAR better teams. Portland make every crucial shot.

Quote Originally Posted by pacerwaala View Post
    Before Paul George tried to win the game single handedly, he played too much one on one. There was no ball movement and too much dribbling. Both of Aldridge drives were clearly offensive fouls (he puts that knee forward just to keep Roy away)
    Can't the league review those plays and fine him if he is putting his knee out on the drive?

I haven't checked the stars stats, but it felt like the Blazers were hitting everything. I think that would have been a 10-12 point loss if Paul Georfe hadn't decided to make it rain in the fourth.

1. Here are some tweets back and forth between Roy and Adridge

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...saying_ab.html

2. Roy Hibbert @Hoya2aPacer
    3. Next time I play @aldridge_12 I'm wearing a cup. Good game bro. We gonna battle again in indy. pic.twitter.com/xwKg4bojhx

1. @Hoya2aPacer
        lol bro I don't do it on purpose I'm just a one leg jumper so that's how I jump. I don't play dirty. Real talk
        1:19 AM - 3 Dec 2013

4. Roy Hibbert @Hoya2aPacer
    5. @aldridge_12 I believe u bro. We both competing hard. Tough post moves. Good luck in the West. We will see each other in the finals.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

PG is an established superstar. my only thought from this game
    Smothered Chicken!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Coopdog23 For This Useful Post:

Even in a loss, that was worth staying up late to watch.

Already have Friday, Feb. 7th circled on my calendar.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersRule View Post
    Also,
    1. Vogel should have had Hibbert and West alternate guarding Aldridge. Aldridge was just shooting over West on those turnarounds all night and for West to play offense and defend him on most possessions was just too physically taxing.
    You do realize they actually were trying to do that at times, but Portland was able to force the switch back, right?

Also, if you pull Roy out to guard Aldridge all the time you give up a heck of a lot more points at the rim from other players. You just can't cover your weakness by creating another one.

Portland has excellent offensive sets and amazing spacing.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

Aren't the Clippers and the Blazers two of the top 5 offensive teams in the NBA. If not they are top 10 for sure.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Aren't the Clippers and the Blazers two of the top 5 offensive teams in the NBA. If not they are top 10 for sure.
    In unadjusted ORting, PDX is 3 and LAC is 4.

In adjusted ORting (which basically takes into account the strength of your opponent's D), PDX is 1 (probably in part because of last night) and LAC is still 4.

But yeah they're really flippin' good at scoring the round orange thing.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Aldrige pretty much confirmed what I already thought. He's probably the most underrated, under appreciated star in the league.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foul on Smits For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    Aldrige pretty much confirmed what I already thought. He's probably the most underrated, under appreciated star in the league.
    He hit some sick shots with Roy West in his face. Nothing more could be done.

He and the Blazers are very solid and I am not sure they could play, shoot, much better.

Can't wait for another bite at that apple because we didn't play well in the 4th until PG went thermonuclear. Will be different next time.

LA actually reminds me of West.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    LA actually reminds me of West.
    Skill wise yes, but LA is a much better athlete. It is a travesty that LA hasn't been in the all star game every year. Every year he is all star caliber player.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Skill wise yes, but LA is a much better athlete. It is a travesty that LA hasn't been in the all star game every year. Every year he is all star caliber player.
    his team has never been that good

I feel like they need to adjust the PNR defense on teams like these with a crazy good point guard who likes to pull up for the mid range. The Big should flare out a bit more and do a trap to keep them getting so many easy pull up jumpers. I felt like we had a turnstile all night long for Lillard. Need to blow up that PNR before it gets started.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    There's a bunch of PG hype threads from the last year and a half or so where I was telling people to chill out with the expectations. He'd never be an efficient 20+ a night guy, never a #1 option.

Glad to look like an idiot.
    should we sticky those?