Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Blazers Post Game thread - 12/2

Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game thread - 12/2

Quote Originally Posted by PacersRule View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One was a drive that got blocked by Lopez, Hibbert got the put back. The other was a wide open 3 he just didn't knock down. I was fine with Hill shooting those shots. Don't remember the other two you mention. West was tired, I don't really trust hibbert with the ball late in games, Orlando Johnson is like a pistol compared to our other 4 cannons, and PG can't do everything by himself.
    Just looked it up it actually started at 430. Two midrange shots off of a pick and then the driving layup and the three. I'm not mad with George Hill taking shots down the stretch, but in my opinion the manner in which he took them was forced and not needed. Especially the last two.
    DG for 3

Also,
    1. Vogel should have had Hibbert and West alternate guarding Aldridge. Aldridge was just shooting over West on those turnarounds all night and for West to play offense and defend him on most possessions was just too physically taxing.
    2. Batum picked up his 5th foul midway through the 4th I believe (something like that). PG should've foulded him out.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by seeker80 View Post
    Born ready? The play tonight was more Born Yesterday.
    Ba dum chhh.

- Ha! I found it!....well, it was shown to me.
    Last edited by Dr. Awesome; 12-03-2013 at 01:27 AM.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Weird, in my experience sloppy D doesn't usually get penetration.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Weird, in my experience sloppy D doesn't usually get penetration.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

now that i've calmed down a bit and I don't want to burn down those referees houses any longer, I can actually appreciate that game and hope we can rebound by knocking off the spurs, thunder, and heat. also that paul george guy is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by 15th parallel View Post
    Damn you! I looked for 2 minutes for that logo for the "Born Yesterday" comment, I settled for my "Ba dum chhhh" which was weak.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by seeker80 View Post
    What is going make or break this team is Lance Stephenson. Solid everywhere else. Born ready? The play tonight was more Born Yesterday. Not bothered by an off night, except when he tried to compound the misery to everyone else. The entire team plays their guts out and at a key point in the game he acts out and was lucky he didn't get the T he deserved. And get the crowd even more fired up.

Selfish. Immature.

You've got refs eyeballin' him after calls, he's eyeballin' them. Tell you what, after 3 years if he still isn't getting it, not sure he ever will.

And enabling "Magic", isn't helping things. When contract talks come around, offer him a fair price, but if wants to take his act on the road to Cleveland or Milwaukee...good luck. If that were to be the case, the over-under on the first Artest moment would be game 20 of the first year.

Fair warning.
    To be fair....he's only really had 1 full season and 15 games under his belt as a Starter where he got any real meaningful minutes. He has to keep his emotions in check cuz the Refs are gunning for him....but I really hope that he figures this part out...cuz you are totally right....he's the "X-Factor" for this team.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Damn you! I looked for 2 minutes for that logo for the "Born Yesterday" comment, I settled for my "Ba dum chhhh" which was weak.
    It also took me a while to see that smiley. Don't worry, we get it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:

As much as Paul George was getting hit tonight, everybody in the Blazers starting lineup shot as many/more free throws than Paul.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersRule View Post
    Also,
    1. Vogel should have had Hibbert and West alternate guarding Aldridge. Aldridge was just shooting over West on those turnarounds all night and for West to play offense and defend him on most possessions was just too physically taxing.
    2. Batum picked up his 5th foul midway through the 4th I believe (something like that). PG should've foulded him out.
    Batum didn't really add anything to the game, I was actually glad when they were matching up with the Pacers. They did a lot of their damage with the Lillard/Mo Williams backcourt and Matthews at the 3.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Pacers are going to have to learn how to play against teams that use 2 PG's in the backcourt, the Clippers and Blazers both had pretty good success that way.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    To be fair....he's only really had 1 full season and 15 games under his belt as a Starter where he got any real meaningful minutes. He has to keep his emotions in check cuz the Refs are gunning for him....but I really hope that he figures this part out...cuz you are totally right....he's the "X-Factor" for this team.

Don't get me wrong, he gives the Pacers an element we have NEVER had. An uptempo, push the ball, let it all hang out playmaker. But he also brings to the table what we have had more than our share of, head cases who nearly killed this franchise.

I do not trust this guy. And it has nothing to do with his play. It's just got some of the same smell of how we handled Artest (although thankfully on a small scale). When the "Legend's" handpicked guy, Carlisle, was getting his nosed rubbed in it by Artest, Bird was referring to him as "Ronnie". Too much work has been done by to many people to go backwards.

Championship teams don't have immaturity on them. When you get to the Finals, there is just no margin for error and no place for tantrums.

I pray he proves me wrong...

Such a fantastic game!!! Best game of the season for me. Sucks they lost, but it's hard to win on the road. Especially against a team as good as Portland. They're good. I absolutely love their starting five.

So the two Hibbert fouls: Look, could have gone either way, but Roy CLEARLY fouled LMA. He did. Now, did LMA foul Roy first with the knee?? Maybe. Not really worth arguing over- but you can't just say the officials were coming out of left field. Roy hit LMA on the arms twice, hard. Tough calls either.

I think the point is moot, because both times, Roy was a little late coming over as LMA was absolutely murdering West. I don't blame West tho. LMA is right up there with the brow and Love as one of the best PF's in the league. He was just killer late. I think they should have switched Roy on LMA earlier. I think he could have done a better job. Either way, just a tough matchup for the Pacers.

Hill has had rough shooting all season. I mean, hes had a few games where he's hit some three's, but they've all been wide open looks. I don't think he's really feeling it yet. Sucks, because other than a couple games, I don't think he's played all that well yet. His game will come tho.

Not mad at Lance. He had a tough game, but this is exactly what happens on the road. One of your guys has a tough matchup, and just doesn't play that well. Wesley Mathews is a solid shooting guard, and is simply better than Lance. No way around it. I think he gave him hell, and we'll probably see Lance bounce right back.

Finally, Paul George. What a stud. What a game. He just killed it, kept letting it fly, just like Reggie would. Just an unbelievable performance. Paul George is great, and I mean in the most literal sense of the word. Pacers couldn't win because Portland was simply hot, and they couldn't get stops. What are you going to do? **** happens. Hopefully the Pacers bounce right back.

PGFORMVPOFTHEWORLD.

TIA!
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    The Pacers are going to have to learn how to play against teams that use 2 PG's in the backcourt, the Clippers and Blazers both had pretty good success that way.
    The smart thing to do would be aggressive against the PG at the SG position, but neither Lance or OJ were aggressive to combat the Mo Williams on fire.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The Future For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Usually, Vogel puts PG24 on the opposing Team's Starting PG to disrupt their offense....this game, for some reason ( maybe cuz Lance was in foul trouble ) he didn't. GH got the job of defending Lillard. I think that if he did....it would have made a difference.

But realistically, MoWill and Lillard did their damage with their midrange jumpshot.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Future View Post
    Damn, that is just insane.

Every one of those shots... is just pure. Every single one. No rim bounces or anything.

While I wasn't a big fan of the 1 on 5 game at the end of the game, it's hard to argue with his efficiency.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by immortality View Post
    The smart thing to do would be aggressive against the PG at the SG position, but neither Lance or OJ were aggressive to combat the Mo Williams on fire.
    I don't like the inexperience there...but I was thinking that with Lance out....Vogel should have went big ( instead of going with OJ at the 2 spot ) and had a lineup of GH/PG24/Solo and just go Man-to-Man coverage with PG24 defending Lillard, GH on Matthews and Solo covering Batum.

was there up close and personal.. fact is blazers just didnt miss in that 4th quarter everything just went down, sometimes thats how it goes. we missed a lot of little close shots at the rim, oh well portland is tough at home, and as much as we want to win every game it just doesnt happen, move on to the next one!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrHale For This Useful Post:

I still think PG can improve his game so much more.

His passing, his low post offense, and his finishing around the rim can definitely improve.

I hope he can keep on shooting at a high percentage the rest of his career.

Lance was simply off tonight. On one hand, he needs to "slow his roll" and focus on high quality, low risk contributions. OTOH, he needs to not be so passive on the court when things aren't going his way. I re-watched a fair bit of the game, and there's a lot of possessions where he's just standing on the court watching the action flat footed.

He needs a reload from Billy Keller to get his shooting touch back, because he's lost his confidence there.

His emotions are getting the best of him, and well... he needs to shed some of the immature. But he'll pull through this phase in his career in the same way that Roy and Paul pulled through.

Vogel kept Hibbert and West in too long in the 3rd, they could barely walk and get up and down the court by time they were taken out and Portland caught up at that point.
    This.

I really think this almost decided the game, the Blazers really took advantage of the last few minutes those guys were playing in the 3rd, they were very clearly winded, DWest was clutching his knees for a full minute or two...

This loss will humble the team, great performance by the team. Really proud of our guys. I trust Frank and Co to learn from this game.. Really saddened by Lance, You could tell that it was eating him inside, he really wanted to help the team.

My only negatives, was the lack of our identity. We didn't grind them out, would have loved to have seen some West and more Hibbo down low. We played at their pace and it wore our big guys down. West looked like he had just finished boxing Ali for 22 rounds, dude was huffing and puffing. But this happened because PG entered the Kobe zone, dude went HAM and lost all consciousness. Can't blame PG , he had one of those special night. We'll be ready and also the Bench has to step it up a little bit more, Ian wasn't Ian tonight.

All in all, onto Utah..

By me ^^

33. The Following User Says Thank You to picasso For This Useful Post: