Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers / Blazers Post Game thread - 12/2

Sports Logo

Default Pacers / Blazers Post Game thread - 12/2

I will chalk part the loss ( but not all of it ) to playing in a B2B game on the road. PG24 reigning down 3s but Hibbert taking 2 knees to the midsection, our bench not effective at keeping the Blazers at bay and Lance fouling out with 2 points.

I don't like that our defense wasn't able to beat them out in the end....but 47% FG shooting on 33 FTA from the Home Team?

I'm not sure what is up with Lance....but I hope that he throttle's it down a notch, re-focuses and comes out for the better in the Jazz game. If he just scored his average....we could have won this game.

Overall....a recipe for disaster.
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-03-2013 at 12:39 AM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Pacers / Blazers Post Game thread - 12/2

Via Twitter.

Wish I could have watched this game, even though we lost.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

NBA teams lose games, Pacers lost this game. Portland played their hearts out and didn't miss much in the 4th, FG's or FT's.

PG is on another planet when he so chooses to do so.

As I've said, Bad Lance gives teams a chance to beat the Pacers.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo

Unfortunately, Lance's bad game cost us dearly tonight. I'm sure that he'll leave this game behind him and bounce back, though.

Paul George was just amazing tonight. He did everything he could but the Blazers kept their composure and made their FTs so credit to them.

Last year I understood that we would lose several games so I wasn't very sad after losses but this year is different. I am getting used to winning and losses hurt more.

In any case, I was proud of our effort tonight
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wish we took our defense with us on the road trip
    Impossible Is Nothing

Loss is on 3 people. Watson, Lance and Vogel.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Games like tonight shows how badly we need granger to get healthy, when dialed in lance is great but night in and night out truth is he's just not reliable
    Impossible Is Nothing

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Romsey31 For This Useful Post:

Lance will be fine. It's just some hiccups along the way.

The refs may have some bad calls late, but we got to give credit to Portland. They really are legit in the West and I hope they stay afloat in the top 3 in the West. Having teams like Indiana and Portland, as well as San Antonio in the top is a refreshing sight for less-hyped teams.

Paul George, man...what can I say? He just establishing his superstar status right now. Those last 3pt bombs are Reggie-esque. Want to watch them again.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:

Tough loss.

Portland hit a lot of TOUGH shots and we got rammed hard by the officiating crew in the 2nd half. Not an excuse though. Have to play through it.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Via Twitter.

Wish I could have watched this game, even though we lost.
    Olbermann's the best comedian on TV, and it's entirely unintentional.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Unfortunately, Lance's bad game cost us dearly tonight. I'm sure that he'll leave this game behind him and bounce back, though.
    I didn't watch the 1st half....only the 2nd half. Was Lance really make a significant amount of mistakes?

I didn't think that he was able to get his offense and "whatever swagger thing he does" going all night long. But I got the sense that with that last scoring drive that he made before fouling out, he would have had the confidence to get his "scoring groove" going.

For good or bad....emotions ( which affect his confidence ) affect what Lance does. He's got to learn to control his emotions. Lance is like Anakin Skywalker....if he controls his emotions, he can be a great Jedi....if he let's his emotions take the better of him, he will end up as Darth Vader and could turn to the dark side ( a la Artest ).
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-03-2013 at 12:52 AM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Getting Granger back gives us a real bench and has a real replacement for when Bad Lance appears.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Romsey31 View Post
    Wish we took our defense with us on the road trip
    Our defense wasn't a bad as a whole. It was mostly LMA and Mo Williams going off that hurt us. That and the fact that they made 87.9% of their FTs.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

George Hill was getting guys open looks but couldn't knock down his own. Lance had a terrible game but I'm not mad at him. PG had some god awful games last year too. He just needs to get back to his strong suit. Driving, hitting open threes and overall energy. Our back court shot 2/11. Not good.

I can't complain all that much about David West and Hibbert. Hibbert got kicked in the d*** by Aldridge and the refs in the fourth, multiple times. West had a crazy difficult assignment in Aldridge. I sorta wish he would have taken Aldridge into the block more just to wear him out.

Paul George... I don't know what to say. Career high. Clutch 3 pointers. Frustrated Batum all night. Can we pay him more than a max contract?

Overall I'll live with the loss. Lots of calls went Portland's way, whether they were good calls or not I won't judge. I don't know if there is such a thing as a satisfying loss, but this certainly wasn't a disheartening one.

BTW, if anybody pushes the panic button with lines like, "Blow the team up" or "This team won't make the playoffs" you are getting added to my ignore list if only for my sanity.
    "There is a time to play and a time to win. It is what you do during winning time that differentiates the average players from stars."

~Ahmad Rashad~

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Hinds For This Useful Post:

Lance needs to develop some actual, effective moves. Pull up jump shot or whatever. Can't rely on flashy street ball dribbles and over powering opponents every night. Watching these past two games, teams know pacers aren't good at defending the midrange. We will be in trouble if opponents keep getting wide open jumpers after set picks.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PacersRule For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just a tough loss, it was going to be tough to win in Portland, but always sucks to lose down the stretch.

Vogel needs to stop having these brain farts though. They are few and far between usually, but sometimes they can cost us games. I feel like they did tonight and I don't want it to happen in the playoffs again.

I will say that before PG had his heroics, he rushed a 3pter at the top of the key cause he thought he got foul on a push in the back (according to Quinn). Critical shot attempt that I wish we had back.

In a game this close I'd say the team that gets to the line is the team that wins the game. I'm not sure how they got 33 FT attempts, but when you allow their best player to commit offensive fouls with his knees and get the foul call in his favor late in the 4th; and you let it happen on consecutive possessions? That pretty much sums it up when it comes to the officiating.

Disappointed in Lance, he is at his best when he puts his head down and gets to the rim. Though Wes Mathews is no chump on the defensive end.

Pacers could definitely use another solid shooter at SG. Lance is pretty inconsistent with his jumpers.

Paging "The Captain"... hurry up and get healthy, your team needs you the most against these elite match ups.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Just a tough loss, it was going to be tough to win in Portland, but always sucks to lose down the stretch.

Vogel needs to stop having these brain farts though. They are few and far between usually, but sometimes they can cost us games. I feel like they did tonight and I don't want it to happen in the playoffs again.

What did he do? I didn't catch the entire game
    Impossible Is Nothing

Both of these teams are so good.

Brad Stevens said last season when Butler beat IU (and I think again when Butler beat Gonzaga), those early games are just part of the process of becoming a good team. Paul George's 3 falls and we end up winning, this is completely different. Everyone is overjoyed and going crazy, but those few inches in between winning and losing change nothing about how the team plays. Basketball is truly a game of inches. This one loss needs to be a learning lesson for Lance and the rest of the guards. We can't dwell on this loss that was so close to being an amazing comeback win with the game coming up on Wednesday.

Good game by Paul. It sucks to lose, but that's going to happen, probably 15 to 20 more times this year. We just can't overlook the Jazz on Wednesday.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will always hate coaches pre-determined subbing, when PG had 14 points in the 1st quarter Slick Leonard would have kept riding him , same thing when Luis Scola had it going in the 2nd quarter. I'll always think Old Slick had the right idea.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    Our defense wasn't a bad as a whole. It was mostly LMA and Mo Williams going off that hurt us. That and the fact that they made 87.9% of their FTs.
    Don't forget Lillard and LMA's knee.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

I don't even really care that we lost, that was fun as hell. And Portland's damn good.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sucks to lose but that was a great game with a late-playoff-round feel. PG was in beast mode at the end, I even thought for a moment he might pull off the impossible.

Fatigue was definitely a factor, esp. for DWest, and Lance was just off, and a few calls that should have gone our way, didn't. Still we were there right at the end on the second night of a B2B on the road. If this game was in our house it would have been a different story.

I think Jon Bon Jovi said it best on the Young Guns 2 soundtrack:

36. The Following User Says Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I didn't watch the 1st half....only the 2nd half. Was Lance really make a significant amount of mistakes?

I didn't think that he was able to get his offense and "whatever swagger thing he does" going all night long. But I got the sense that with that last scoring drive that he made before fouling out, he would have had the confidence to get his "scoring groove" going.

For good or bad....emotions ( which affect his confidence ) affect what Lance does. He's got to learn to control his emotions. Lance is like Anakin Skywalker....if he controls his emotions, he can be a great Jedi....if he let's his emotions take the better of him, he will end up as Darth Vader and could turn to the dark side ( a la Artest ).
    He didn't really make a lot of mistakes. He was just never able to get into a groove (scoring or assisting) and he racked up fouls.

Panopticon

-------------

13/4/2014

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:

Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romsey31 View Post
    Games like tonight shows how badly we need granger to get healthy, when dialed in lance is great but night in and night out truth is he's just not reliable
    Yes he is not reliable. Paul wasn't either 12 months ago. Neither was Granger when he was 23. Lance has to overcome the mental part. If he does that he will be spectacular. Until that happens he will be up and down and possibly off this team.
    LeWade are going down.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post: