Thread: Frank Vogel Named Eastern Conference Coach of the Month

Thumbs up Frank Vogel Named Eastern Conference Coach of the Month

AWESOME, congrats Coach Vogel !

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/frank...ce-coach-month

video at link

Frank Vogel Named Eastern Conference Coach of the Month

Official NBA Release

December 2, 2013

NEW YORK, Dec. 2, 2013 – The Indiana Pacers’ Frank Vogel and the Portland Trail Blazers’ Terry Stotts today were named the NBA Eastern and Western Conference Coaches of the Month, respectively, for games played in October and November.

Vogel led Indiana to a 15-1 (.938) mark as the Pacers started the season 9-0 -- the best start in franchise history and tied for the team’s longest NBA winning streak. The Pacers also went undefeated at home with a 9-0 record -- the best home mark to start the season in franchise history. Indiana ranked first in the NBA in points allowed (85.6 ppg) and opponent field goal percentage (38.7). The Pacers also led the league in blocked shots (121) and outscored their opponents by an NBA-best 11.4 ppg.

PHOTO GALLERY: Frank Vogel: 2013-14 Season

Stotts guided the Trail Blazers to a 13-3 (.813) record that included an 11-game winning streak, tying for the fourth longest in team history. The Trail Blazers also won seven straight road games, including sweeping a four-game road trip for the first time since January of 2003. On Nov. 1, the Trail Blazers posted their first win at Denver since December 2007 defeating the Nuggets 113-98; and on Nov. 15, Portland recorded its first win at Boston since March 2004, beating the Celtics 109-96.

Other nominees for Coach of the Month were Houston’s Kevin McHale, the Los Angeles Clippers’ Doc Rivers, Miami’s Erik Spoelstra, Oklahoma City’s Scott Brooks and San Antonio’s Gregg Popovich.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Default Re: Frank Vogel Named Eastern Conference Coach of the Month

Awesome-ness
    Last edited by CableKC; 12-02-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Well deserved.

Though, I still absolutely ****ing hate the small ball lineup. I never wanna see Watson and Hill on the floor together again, especially if Orlando Johnson is playing 3.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well deserved.

Though, I still absolutely ****ing hate the small ball lineup. I never wanna see Watson and Hill on the floor together again, especially if Orlando Johnson is playing 3.
    Outside of that one game where we saw the ill-fated and rather illogical Copeland/Scola frontcourt....did we really go Small ball that often where Scola/West weren't paired with Mahinmi/Hibbert?

As for CJ and GH on the floor at the same time...I think that it is unavoidable given the # of minutes that they both play. It's not different than CJ and Lance. What I don't want is any 2 man combination of OJ, Copeland and Solo on the floor at the same time. All of them should be considered 4th/5th scoring options on the floor....not a 3rd scoring option.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Wake me up next season.
    Mood

Sports Logo

So we have the 2 newest Coachs Of The Month facing off against
    each other tonight. I will be staying up late tonight to watch this
    one.

And huge congratulations to Frank Vogel. Clearly it is well deserved,
    and just one of many many more to come I'm sure.
    "I've been through the fire, and what the fire doesn't destroy it hardens...
    and I'm hardened!
    " - Baron Von Raschke

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Frank sometimes tries to match-up with the opposing coach, Doc had CP3 and DC in at same time w/ Crawford at SF, and as much as I like Lance, he doesn't match up well against any of those options.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have no problem with Watson and Hill on the floor. But not with OJ. If there is a Jamal Crawford at the 3 and two point guards playing, then I want a defensive stopper out there. Why people think that any semblance of a non-traditional lineup for any portion of the game is bad I don't understand.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I bet he barely beat out Jason Kidd

10. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post: