Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Week 14: @ Bengals

Default Re: Week 14: @ Bengals

i fully understand what you are saying about Triplette's frame of reference but nevertheless he must get the call right and his very narrow focus may have cost the Colts the game. I'm sure there is an aphorism that one can use but his excuse for not getting it right may mean the end of his career.
    i don't think his bosses will be impressed with his excuse.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Also, I loved Chuck not going for it with like 6 mins left in the 4th. It was going to be a 4th and 6 or something, and we're down 3 TD's, I think, and yeah we were on our own 30 yard line or so, but screw it, take the chance. Has the defense done anything today? No. Take the chance, stop being scared, we're probably going to lose anyway so go for it.
    Exactly my thought at the time but didn't say anything cause I had given up already. It's funny that we punted, cause as you said it's basically trusting our D make a play (lol). By that time you have really few chances winning the game. What exactly do you fear and you don't go for it? Reminded me of San Diego match but that one was way worse of course.

I hate conservative mentality in playcalling most of the time and Pagano is full of it on most occasions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

3. I was pleased by the play of the offensive line yesterday and couldn't quite tell if there were personnel changes. I found out today that Joe Reitz played LG this game, and I didn't realize he was still with the team. Which begs the question, why didn't we ever play him before now? He's way better than most of the other players, sorry all, in the interior line. If only someone could replace Satele, who continued to be ****.
    Thank you. Reitz is a decent backup. In this year's OL decent is like elite and he really shouldn't be a backup. If he gets demoted in a backup role again, 2 things will happen: 1) I won't be surprised at all 2)It would be the last straw of being patient with the coaches.

I know it's only one game but is it that random that the OL didn't have any leaks last Sunday and the left side (where Reitz played) held their own? Things like that makes me wonder what the hell do the coaches see and do regarding personnel decisions.
    Mind that he was considered a backup for the backup (Linkeback).

As for the Dome matches and the rest of the stadiums, personally I don't mind but bar the people who attend the match don't tell me you don't enjoy watching games like the one in Philly for example.
    You **** up once, you lose two teeth

Well, that's nice ............

http://www.wthr.com/story/24197878/2...-in-colts-game

Chuck Pagano took no solace in what everybody else at the Colts' complex already knew.
    Sunday's replay reversal, which gave the Bengals a touchdown, was a mistake.
    On Tuesday night, Dean Blandino, the NFL's head of officiating, told NFL Network there was not enough evidence to overrule the original call that BenJarvus Green-Ellis was stopped short of the goal line on fourth-and-goal. Blandino's explanation didn't matter much to Pagano, who told reporters Wednesday it still doesn't change the result.
    Replays appeared to show Colts defensive tackle Josh Chapman getting a hand on Green-Ellis' foot, causing him to stumble. But referee Jeff Triplette said he was only looking to see if Green-Ellis was touched when he was on the ground. That prompted the reversal that gave Cincinnati a 14-0 lead.