Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 14: @ Bengals

Hybrid View

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Week 14: @ Bengals

This is a playoff game. This game may decide who gets the 3 seed in the AFC, which is big, because I don't want to play KC first round. Going to be a tough game. I think Luck shows up big time and the defense can hopefully get some stops early. Going to be a defense battle to the end.

Colts 24
    Bengals 23
    Smothered Chicken!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Week 14: @ Bengals

Bengals 20

Colts 6

Colts 17
    Bengals 10

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dear Pep:

- Use DHB for nothing but dumps in the flat and have receivers block downfield for him and watch him race down the sideline.
    - Use T.Y. deep and on slants with body catches in stride, and use his speed instead of having him go vertical and fight for balls with bigger DBs. He's fast, not huge.
    - Roll Luck out for Pete's sake, he's still getting hit way more than we like staying in the pocket and our o-line is high-school level.
    - Utilize TRich's pass catching skills, you moron. He can catch, and he's probably the best open field runner on the team.
    - Throw the ball to Fleener more than once a quarter. He's probably our hottest pass-catcher right now and the biggest matchup nightmare for opposing defenses.

This is my biggest problem with this guy. He doesn't utilize strengths. He's like the.... Jim O'Brien of offensive coordinators. He's gonna force those round pegs into his square holes if it kills him. He's using every one of our best offensive weapons incorrectly.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 12-02-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dear Pep:

- Use DHB for nothing but dumps in the flat and have receivers block downfield for him and watch him race down the sideline.
    - Use T.Y. deep and on slants with body catches in stride, and use his speed instead of having him go vertical and fight for balls with bigger DBs. He's fast, not huge.
    - Roll Luck out for Pete's sake, he's still getting hit way more than we like staying in the pocket and our o-line is high-school level.
    - Utilize TRich's pass catching skills, you moron. He can catch, and he's probably the best open field runner on the team.

This is my biggest problem with this guy. He doesn't utilize strengths. He's like the.... Jim O'Brien of offensive coordinators. He's gonna force those round pegs into his square holes if it kills him. He's using every one of our best offensive weapons incorrectly.

^ Agree with all of that. Good point about T-Rich being able to catch. I've been impressed with his pass catching abilities in the few times we've done it.

Like I said in the Titans thread, I can sympathize with Pep up to a point because of the injuries. But this guy just shows no creativity or adaptive skills. He's honestly a pretty poor coordinator. Utilize DHB and TY's speed with quick slants and screens. Roll Luck out so that he doesn't keep getting killed in the pocket.

Dear Reggie Wayne,

Please educate and mentor Mr. Rogers please. Wow I didn't realize Da'Rick was that big.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Castanzo is a bust by the way. I've seen enough.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Go ahead and tell I'm crazy and delusional but I feel good about this game
    Give the ball to your best playmakers to win

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    Go ahead and tell I'm crazy and delusional but I feel good about this game
    I think the Colts can win and its a large part due to the expected weather I mean the Bengals are more of a passing attack than we are. That could pose a problem.

I would be thrilled to play KC as long as it's in Indy.

Bengals 27
    Colts 3

Good news is that I'll be there in person to witness the massacre.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    Good news is that I'll be there in person to witness the massacre.
    Enjoy, but don't make the mistake(s) that I did. My buddy and I got to the top of the stadium to find out we were on the wrong side. So we had to go back down the rampsand then make it to the other side and up to the top where our nosebleed seats were. Did I mention that I wore a sweatshirt on an unseasonably warm sunny day and had a weeks worth of hotdogs and beer for the pregame warmup?
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

27-9 Bengals
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    27-9 Bengals
    27-10 Bengals. I am a bit more of an optimist than you.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    27-10 Bengals. I am a bit more of an optimist than you.

Yeah, we'll score a FG at some point in the game and then a garbage time touchdown at the end when the game is long over. Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    Yeah, we'll score a FG at some point in the game and then a garbage time touchdown at the end when the game is long over. Sounds about right.
    If Luck survives this game in one piece I will consider it a win. He needs to pull a Peyton and just fall down when he is about to get sacked because Cincy is going to murder our o-line.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierguy View Post
    If Luck survives this game in one piece I will consider it a win. He needs to pull a Peyton and just fall down when he is about to get sacked because Cincy is going to murder our o-line.
    He also needs to throw it away in those situations where he's just holding the ball forever in the pocket instead of trying to make a circus play and fumbling or getting picked (and/or exposing himself to getting pulverized as you point out).
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

21. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

I won't be around to watch tomorrow's game and I'm not even really bothered about it. That's how hard it's been to watch this team for the past month.

Mood

27-24 Colts.

13 - 10 Colts
    Trent Richardson has a big day in a nasty cold jungle.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Bengals-30

Colts-7

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I have no clue what is going to happen in this game. I think the outcome is more about what Bengals team shows versus what we do. Our offense will continue to pound its head against the wall and pretend to be this power run game and we will not be able to protect Luck. I really do not see our offense doing much against the Bengals defense and fully expect Adam to have a busy day.

If we get the bad Andy Dalton I think it is definitely a winnable game because inconsistent QBs keep us in the game, but if the good Andy Dalton shows up he and Green could abuse us all day long and we get routed.

I want you to win. The Bengals are amazing inconsistent, but when they are on... they're only team that made the Patriots look silly this year. Yes, they have had some big injuries since then, but I still want them to be seeded #4, to get taken out by #5, hopefully.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)