Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 186

Thread: Colts bench Trent Richardson

  1. #76

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So who's gonna post the holes that DBrown has missed?

    I got news for y'all; RBs "miss" holes on occasion. It's part of the game. I don't see how posting a pic of TRich missing a hole means that he's somehow bad at this. It's a wham-bam sequence, there are designs and places that they are sposed to go to and holes that open up in an instant and close down in an instant and they have to process all that in a micro-second. It doesn't always work out.

    This is like posting an instance when Luck makes a bad play. Guess what --- it happens. It doesn't represent the norm and it's normal.
    Haha...the problem isn't Richardson missing holes on occasion, it's that he's only finding the holes on occasion. Yes, the oline is terrible. Yes, the playcalling leaves much to be desired. But great players eventually will make a play. Nobody disagrees that it doesn't always work out. Most people here are just saying that it should happen more than a couple times a game.

    And Luck plays behind the same ****** oline, no running game, receivers that can't get open or drop it when they do, and the same lousy playcalling - and yet he still finds a way to make plays. Of course he's a special talent. The reality is, we're finding out that Richardson probably isn't.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,099

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    DBrown has been the better back. That's not saying much. But it doesn't help T-Rich's case at all when DBrown has been better because we all know DBrown is far from ideal. DBrown, at least at times, has been able to produce some nice runs. T-Rich... not so much. The offensive line is what it is at this point. As bad as they suck, DBrown has proven he stands the better chance of maybe breaking something.

    As I said somewhere around here, if either T-Rich or the O line was better it would likely help the other. But they are what they are. At some point you acknowledge who is doing the better job and go with him. It should've been T-Rich based on pedigree. It has not been. Yes, both backs are getting stuffed too much but only Brown has been able to do 'something' on occasion.

    Maybe if we improve the line for next season T-Rich's power will win out and he can have a head of steam once he breaks the line and then be able to show what he can do. Maybe with a tweaked system we can take advantage of his capabilities better. But that is then... this is now.

    But all that said, Cleveland was willing to let him go. When taken in context of his lack of production here, that does start to look troubling. But OTOH, our O-line has proven to be shaky at best. So it buys him some benefit of the doubt. But what it doesn't buy him is getting around the fact that Brown has shown the ability to at least sometimes produce when T-Rich hasn't.

    And that isn't at all saying Brown is a solid RB. In fact, he's been called a bust in the recent past. That's why T-Rich's lack of doing anything has proven to be concerning.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  5. #78
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    So when Donald gets stuffed again this week against the Bengals, will it still be Trent's fault?
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  6. #79
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    And about Luck making plays...

    His season's ypc is now under what it was last year. His TD's have fallen off a cliff the past 6 weeks, his completion percentage is now rivaling what it was last year. His yards per game is way down. His QBR is now lower than last years. And that's with him having cutting his interception rate almost in half, but in the past 4 weeks he's thrown 2tds compared to 5 ints.

    The whole entire Colts offense is regressing at a horrible pace.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  7. #80
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,099

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So when Donald gets stuffed again this week against the Bengals, will it still be Trent's fault?
    No. It's already been shown if there's anything to be made DBrown is more likely to make it with this sorry bunch. It's probably down to a quick decision and speed. If the O line doesn't create any lanes then Brown is just as likely to get stuffed as TRich. But it's already been shown TRich can't make anything happen with this line so the lesser of two evils is Brown. They can't change the line out now.

    I'm not blaming TRich at all. Just watching what unfolds and the O line is terrible. DBrown for whatever reason has been able on some occasions to find some running room. TRich hasn't. I think TRich has more power... but what counts with this awful line is a quick decision and speed. So given the existing perimeters it's no surprise the Colts have given Brown the starting spot.

    Let me add... on 3rd and short I'd prefer TRich to Brown because of the power....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  9. #81
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,370

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So when Donald gets stuffed again this week against the Bengals, will it still be Trent's fault?
    Is anyone saying it's Trent's fault now, or are you just hyper-sensitive to the Richardson criticism?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  11. #82
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is anyone saying it's Trent's fault now, or are you just hyper-sensitive to the Richardson criticism?
    I don't know, that's why there's a question mark. What excuse will be given?
    Last edited by Since86; 12-04-2013 at 02:38 PM.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  12. #83

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know, that's why there's a question mark. What excuse will be given?
    I'm sure it will be the same excuses afforded Richardson - oline, playcalling, and the fact that he's not as talented as originally thought.

  13. #84
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    Will those excuses be mocked like they were 3-4 weeks ago? I sure hope so.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  14. #85

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will those excuses be mocked like they were 3-4 weeks ago? I sure hope so.
    So do you place any blame on Richardson for his lack of production? Or were your feelings hurt a few weeks ago and you now feel the need to defend Richardson and deflect any criticism?

  15. #86
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    I've placed blame towards Trent, from the beginning. You only need to go back one page for a post by me clarifying that position, for about the 1001st time during these discussions.

    He does lack vision, and ability to cut back, but that's not why their running game is so dreadful. I just think it will be funny watching others dig up those excuses, after having mocked them for the past two months.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  16. #87
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,362

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    The only legit defense of T-Rich right now is the terrible o-line.

    The reality of the situation is that Donald Brown is a polished turd with this o-line, and T-Rich was the cloth that polished it. Either he's really not much better than Donald, or the line is soooooo bad they should have utilized their draft picks shoring it up instead of sending them away for the exact same amount of production you could get from an RB already on staff. TPTB blew it.

    When you're building a deck, you don't spend $500 on the same socket wrench set you got for Christmas, you buy a damned table saw.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:


  18. #88

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    I guess I just don't see where people are absolving Donald Brown from any criticism. For whatever the reason, whether it's talent, playing harder, playcalling, or whatever else, Brown has made more plays running the ball than Richardson has, and that's why people want him playing over Richardson.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunt For This Useful Post:


  20. #89
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,370

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess I just don't see where people are absolving Donald Brown from any criticism. For whatever the reason, whether it's talent, playing harder, playcalling, or whatever else, Brown has made more plays running the ball than Richardson has, and that's why people want him playing over Richardson.
    Yeah, it really is that simple. Neither one of them is a world beater, the offensive line is horrible, the play calling isn't ideal, but that being what it is, Brown has just been better. That's it.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  22. #90
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess I just don't see where people are absolving Donald Brown from any criticism.
    You probably don't see it, because it's not been done, nor have I said it's been done.

    All I'm saying is I'm going to get a good laugh out of posters making oline excuses, when the same posters spend the last two months laughing at the oline excuse.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  23. #91
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,370

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You probably don't see it, because it's not been done, nor have I said it's been done.

    All I'm saying is I'm going to get a good laugh out of posters making oline excuses, when the same posters spend the last two months laughing at the oline excuse.
    I don't really think you are getting this. No one is saying the offensive line isn't bad. We are just saying Brown has made more out of a ****** line situation than Richardson has.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  25. #92
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't really think you are getting this. No one is saying the offensive line isn't bad. We are just saying Brown has made more out of a ****** line situation than Richardson has.
    No, I get that's whay you guys are saying, I agree. But what I'm saying, has nothing to do with them but rather other posters.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  26. #93

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You probably don't see it, because it's not been done, nor have I said it's been done.

    All I'm saying is I'm going to get a good laugh out of posters making oline excuses, when the same posters spend the last two months laughing at the oline excuse.
    So you agree that Donald Brown gets his fair share of the blame around here, along with the oline. Yet, when you say:
    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So when Donald gets stuffed again this week against the Bengals, will it still be Trent's fault?....All I'm saying is I'm going to get a good laugh out of posters making oline excuses, when the same posters spend the last two months laughing at the oline excuse.
    it sure seems like you're implying it's the other way around. Which is it?
    Last edited by bunt; 12-04-2013 at 03:56 PM.

  27. #94
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    You guys are making this much more complicated than what it really is. All I'm saying is that I'm going to laugh if posters start using the oline excuse, because they've been using that excuse as a punchline for the last month. It goes back to hypocrisy about when the excuse is valid, and when it isn't, not anything on whether or not Brown is getting blame.

    Let me try and rephrase my thoughts:
    It will be funny watching posters, who previously laughed at the oline excuse, use the oline excuse. IF that's what happens.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  28. #95
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,362

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You probably don't see it, because it's not been done, nor have I said it's been done.

    All I'm saying is I'm going to get a good laugh out of posters making oline excuses, when the same posters spend the last two months laughing at the oline excuse.
    My exact criticism of the Trent situation has always been money poorly spent. I don't hate him. I question the judgement of people who "buy-in" on him being something special.

  29. #96
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by TinManJoshua View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I question the judgement of people who "buy-in" on him being something special.
    Who is that, Colts FO, posters here, or just a generic statement? I would hate to get lumped in there, because I don't think Trent is special and I don't think KM does either, and we're really the only two that's ever defended Trent. And I don't even really feel like I'm "defending" Trent, more so than just *****ing about just how unbelieveably bad the oline and play calling have been. I understand thinking I am defending him, because the arguments have pretty similiar results, which is why I've gone out of my way to say over and over again that Trent isn't blameless in all of this.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  31. #97

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You guys are making this much more complicated than what it really is. All I'm saying is that I'm going to laugh if posters start using the oline excuse, because they've been using that excuse as a punchline for the last month. It goes back to hypocrisy about when the excuse is valid, and when it isn't, not anything on whether or not Brown is getting blame.

    Let me try and rephrase my thoughts:
    It will be funny watching posters, who previously laughed at the oline excuse, use the oline excuse. IF that's what happens.
    Ha..well I don't think we're the ones making this more complicated than it needs to be.

    Unless the interior line is replaced and the play calling is adjusted, it will remain a valid excuse. It is promising that Reitz is getting first team snaps however.
    Last edited by bunt; 12-04-2013 at 04:11 PM.

  32. #98
    Member TinManJoshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,362

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is that, Colts FO, posters here, or just a generic statement? I would hate to get lumped in there, because I don't think Trent is special and I don't think KM does either, and we're really the only two that's ever defended Trent. And I don't even really feel like I'm "defending" Trent, more so than just *****ing about just how unbelieveably bad the oline and play calling have been. I understand thinking I am defending him, because the arguments have pretty similiar results, which is why I've gone out of my way to say over and over again that Trent isn't blameless in all of this.
    The "who" you question here is the two FO's that burned first rounders on him.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to TinManJoshua For This Useful Post:


  34. #99
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,081

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    Quote Originally Posted by bunt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ha..well I don't think we're the ones making this more complicated than it needs to be. Unless the interior line is replaced and the play calling is adjusted, it will remain a valid excuse. It is promising the Reitz is getting first team snaps however.
    It wasn't accepted as a valid excuse just a few short weeks ago. Using that as an excuse, turned into a punchline.
    “Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.” ― Ricky Gervais.

    What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

    Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

  35. #100
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,476

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

    I've already laid out why I think it's absolutely goofy to call out Trent when this entire offense is sucking. Luck, Hilton, o-line, DBrown --- everyone. Every GD player on this offense is having a terrible stretch.

    But the only guy we hear about from all of you is Trent Richardson. This my biggest qualm. You guys just want a fall-guy. A guy who was acquired mid-season and forced to learn on the fly, and to boot, he arrived only to discover that the line in front of him is historically bad.

    Sure, I'm defending him, why wouldn't I? Why don't you all? Because DBrown breaks loose for 1 more play a game than him? That still doesn't qualify DBrown as having a successful season. Dude has 378 yards rushing this year. I'm just trying to bring some levity to this entire discussion, because I think it's absolutely hilarious that 1 guy (the new guy) gets blasted for production, when NO ONE else is producing, either. That's what I get tired of hearing. And the guy has an absolutely valid reason for his poor production besides what you all incorrectly perceive as "no talent". This line and coordinator is proving to bring down the entire offense. Luck, Hilton, everyone. We've seen regression across the board this year for the entire offense. And you all should know by now that a bad system can make the parts look bad. And you seem willing to accept that for everyone else on this offense except Trent Richardson. That, in my opinion, is very illogical.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •