Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Colts bench Trent Richardson

Default Re: Colts bench Trent Richardson

You know you suck when you're beat out by Donald Brown...
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That the OL sucks is a given but TRich needs to learn how to find the hole. I am not giving up on him for next season but don't think he can help much this season. I think he needs to learn something about becoming more effective. Even Donald Brown has improved this year. He used to be TRich

4. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

I don't know how you can defend TRich when Donald Brown is running behind that same bad line. When it comes time to make chicken salad out of chicken sh-t only Donald Brown is doing anything.

I put the Koolaid down and faced reality. Maybe next season with a full training camp and preseason and an upgraded O line (and re-stocked offense) there is a chance that TRich could still pan out. But after sucking this bad, this long, I'd have to say it'll be questionable if he'll even still be on the Colts next season.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As a Colt, T-Rich has NEVER had a drive like Brown put together at the end of the game.

Good decision by the Colts. It definitely helped us win the game today.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Before the final drive Donald Brown had around 10 yards with 8 carries. No doubt he ran GREAT on the final drive, but this game does not say much about if the benching of Richardson was a good idea.

He ended the game with 14 carries for 54 yards…which is very similar to Trent Richardson's first game as a Colt…13 carries for 47 yards.
    DG for 3

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ColeTheMole For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

It's not even about Richardson, RBs are a dime a dozen. The problem wasn't ever Richardson, it was giving up a 1st for a RB not named Peterson. If it was a 3rd rounder for TRich, OK, maybe take the gamble, I could live with that.

But we gave up a 1st from a team with a 35 year old #1 WR who's now torn an ACL and is probably going to be worthless going forward and there's no viable replacement on the roster (TY's way too small to be a #1), a team that has zero ability on the interior offensive line, C and RG specifically, a team that's 2 years into a defensive rebuild and has zero LBs that have the speed and agility to play the scheme. We have no pass rush outside of Mathis who's not getting any younger. We have massive, gaping, holes on this team and we dumped a cost controlled hopeful rookie replacement for a damn RB. I mean be honest, Trent Richardson's been our 5th best RB this year counting Luck. That's not even worth a roster spot, let alone a damn 1st round pick.

Grigson needs to destroy the 2014 draft. Otherwise this is a massive, massive mistake. A mistake I'd fire him for.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So bench Richardson because of where he was drafted and what we gave up for him. Also promote Brown for "being so much better" even though he was terrible last week and for the first 55:00 this week.

It's the freaking system, people. How many times does it need to be bashed over the head?

O line; play-calling. O line; play-calling. O line; play-calling. O line; play-calling.

I could go on.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 12-01-2013 at 08:40 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Sports Logo

No, you bench Richardson for being terrible every step of the way. I don't care who or what we traded for anybody, if he sucks he sucks.

And Brown had 2 carries last week. Massive sample size. Almost as big a sample size as him not playing well except when he did. Still waiting on TRich to have a drive like Brown's last one.

Just stop dude. Richardson sucks, it is what it is. It was a terrible trade that Grigson got taken to the cleaners on, you're seeing the reason Cleveland's new regime jumped at the chance to dump him.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm glad the last drive gave you something to hang your hat on because before that, you know I was absolutely right.

Sports Logo

Right. And we keep waiting on Richardson to give anybody a reason to hang their hat. Keep beating that drum.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

I'm glad the last drive gave you something to hang your hat on because before that, you know I was absolutely right.
    You were right... until you were wrong.

Great retort!

------

-John Wooden

Sports Logo Sports Logo

DBrown "sucked" until the 4:00 mark of the 4th --- clear cut winner of this argument, you are.

Brown's nice drive is one more awesome drive than T-Rich has so far this season.

No one is saying that Brown is Emmit Smith. What we are saying is that he has at least shown a few flashes this year, something that T-Rich has been incapable of. Bradshaw had an awesome game (yes the line was better back then, but it's not like it was that great) and Brown has shown a few flashes including an awesome drive today, yet T-Rich has never done anything remotely special despite having infinitely more opportunities to do so. The line has certainly been awful, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. Them clearing the hole against Arizona on that one play is a perfect example. T-Rich should have been able to bust out a 10 plus yard run, yet he stutter stepped and screwed it up.

It is what it is. T-Rich is slow and has been awful this year.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

DBrown "sucked" until the 4:00 mark of the 4th --- clear cut winner of this argument, you are.
    The thing is, you really weren't right. You said:
    everyone will proclaim DBrown the Next Coming
    ...and no one is saying that. All anyone is saying is that he's better than Trent Richardson.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ColeTheMole View Post
    Before the final drive Donald Brown had around 10 yards with 8 carries. No doubt he ran GREAT on the final drive, but this game does not say much about if the benching of Richardson was a good idea.

He ended the game with 14 carries for 54 yards…which is very similar to Trent Richardson's first game as a Colt…13 carries for 47 yards.
    Benching Richardson was a good idea for the reason he hadn't performed at all prior to this game. Brown had made plays before this game. Can we please put this aside? It was a thoroughly deserved benching for TRich for what we had seen up to today's match.

Now Brown didn't have a good game for the best part of the game. Even if he hadn't had the last drive, he would have continued being the primary RB at least for the short term future. Nobody says he is a top top RB who will wow everyone. But he has earned this and unless he stinks the place with continued bad performances, he will keep his current status.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not talking about that, cdash, that was just me talking tongue-in-cheek. You have to know by now that I'm preaching "o-line and playcalling". My point was that it doesn't matter who or what you use to push the football forward if your line sucks and your playcalling doesn't work.

Today we had a chance to put my theory to test, and you can't exactly say I was wrong about it. DBrown, for the first 56:00 of this game, had 29 yards on 11 carries. Look familiar? It's the exact same production that you all blasted TRich for having.

Proving exactly what I've been saying --- it doesn't matter who you throw back there when your line sucks and your playcalling fails.

I'm glad Indy put together some rushes on that final drive, that was a stepping stone going forward, and it iced the game. Luck himself had a couple of huge runs. But the almighty YPC of Brown, even with that awesome drive, went from about 2.0 to 3.9, and just barely passed the 3.8 that TRich had on the very final carry of the day. Before that drive, DBrown had about 5 more yards rushing than TRich despite having over twice the touches. Think about that.

I'm not saying DBrown is bad. I'm not saying he's great either. He's DBrown. We know who this guy is.

My point is that you all have been harping on TRich (and you still are), and my entire point has been from the beginning that as long as our front-line is playing as bad as they are, and Pep is a moron, our backs are going to have bad production.

DBrown had a 3.9 avg on the day, was ineffective for 90% of the game, and somehow that was enough to show people that "TRich sucks" and "DBrown is clearly the better back". I'm like "wha?"

I'm glad we put together a good running drive... it's something to build on. But it's pretty hilarious to me that you all are taking that one single drive and proclaiming me "wrong". Before that drive, you could not have even come close to forming any sort of argument against me. I can absolutely assure you that the problem is still 100%, guaranteed o-line issues, it's now being discussed on a national level, and I've been pointing to the line for over a month now.

You can sit there and say, "See, TRich verifiably sucks" all you want, but I ain't on that boat, and I know it's not the truth. Our offense is a wreck, and it was obvious for almost the entire game. DBrown looked exactly like TRich out there until the 4:00 of the fourth. Gratz and all that he finally put some runs together at that point, but up until then TRich had actually put together a better run effort. We went from getting absolutely nothing the entire game to getting almost 70 yards of rushing on that drive as a team, and Luck himself was accountable for over half of that. I don't know what happened to the Titans front line on that drive, but we went from getting nothing to gashing the crap out of them. Either way, it wasn't exactly indicative of how the game went.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 12-01-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Does anyone think Richardson would have scored on Brown's 4-yard TD run? Brown slipped through a very narrow hole, got hit but kept driving forward until he was in the end zone. Richardson probably would have been stopped at the 4 and driven backward.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh, I dunno.... I know this is probly just absolutely CRAZY to think about... but he has scored as many touchdowns in 26 career games as Brown has in 61 career games. But I doubt he could've scored on that play, like you said. Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    No, you bench Richardson for being terrible every step of the way. I don't care who or what we traded for anybody, if he sucks he sucks.

And Brown had 2 carries last week. Massive sample size. Almost as big a sample size as him not playing well except when he did. Still waiting on TRich to have a drive like Brown's last one.

Just stop dude. Richardson sucks, it is what it is. It was a terrible trade that Grigson got taken to the cleaners on, you're seeing the reason Cleveland's new regime jumped at the chance to dump him.
    What i found surprising was that TRICH didn't go for a second or third round pick.. A first was always questionable given his lack of performance.

Oh, I dunno.... I know this is probly just absolutely CRAZY to think about... but he has scored as many touchdowns in 26 career games as Brown has in 61 career games. But I doubt he could've scored on that play, like you said. Sucks.
    Are you a relative of his or something?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yea, you got me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I honestly almost posted earlier asking if Kid was his agent.

Freaking Luck killed me today. Only 10 points. I was really hoping for 2 or 3 td's out of him today

33. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    I don't have a dog in this fight, but I honestly almost posted earlier asking if Kid was his agent.

Freaking Luck killed me today. Only 10 points. I was really hoping for 2 or 3 td's out of him today

We'll be lucky to see 2 or 3 touchdowns the rest of this season.

I feel just as hopeless about the Colts offense as I did in the pathetic 2011 season. I have absolutely zero faith in us when we have the ball.

I actually think the biggest problem for the team in general right now is Pep Hamilton. He's brutal. The injuries (and continuity) will almost certainly guarantee he'll be back unless some college program makes a run at him as a head coach, unfortunately.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post: