Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Pacers Wizards Post Game Thread: LANCE! LANCE! lance.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers Wizards Post Game Thread: LANCE! LANCE! lance.

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember reading that while lance is unrestricted Pacers still hold his bird rights? Is this correct and what exactly does that mean?
    It means that we can sign Lance to a contract that is one year longer than anyone else can offer and that the annual increases of the contract offered by us can be a larger percentage increase from year to year than other teams are allowed to offer. As Heisenberg stated, we can also exceed the salary cap to re-sign Lance.

The length of the contract may come into play, but I don't think that the percentage increases advantage will matter one bit.we will not be able to offer as much to Lance as some other team is willing to pay. It's going to come down to Lance being willing to accept the lesser amount that Bird is able to pay. I'm thinking Lance might want a shorter term contract that could then be renewed for a larger amount when other players' high dollar contracts will either come off the books or can be renewed for lesser amounts.
    Last edited by beast23; 11-30-2013 at 11:11 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

It took me a while to figure out what those two dings were for. Well done.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHand View Post
    That jumping catch/behind the back no look pass from top of key to baseline was one of the sickest things I've ever seen in a game... ever.... just nasty...
    That was pretty awesome, but I didn't even think that was the nicest pass from him last night. He had some spectacular threading the needle passes. One to Scola for the layup and one to PG that I liked even better.

edit: the one Magic Rat posted above was my favorite.
    Last edited by PaceBalls; 12-01-2013 at 11:21 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    I would be hesitant to conclude we wouldn't have a drop off. Clearly something is working with that 15-1 record.

IMO, Lance adds a dimension that this team lacks. He puts pressure on the other team because he can break down a defense either with a dribble drive or the pass. The opposition can be defending well overall, but he will cut into the lane and create chaos. Then he also has power and can bust through to the rack if they put a light weight on him...so they have to pay attention to him at all times. More attention than anyone on the team except Paul George. ...and no, there is no other wing on the bench who is close to as good. We are talking a huge drop off from Lance to OJ...and an even bigger one to Solomon Hill.
    Well I didn't say we wouldn't have a drop off. I said too much of a drop off.

Look, I really like this kid, however he is either the spark plug of this team or the weak link. I just don't think he is a long term solution at the SG spot.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lance is averaging more rebounds than any SG out there. No other non-Point Guard player is averaging more assists (except Lebron). Lance doesn't need to score to be effective.