Thread: What The Hell Is Up With IndyStar???

Default What The Hell Is Up With IndyStar???

Hey guys..I sometimes check Indy star pre and post game time and they seem to NEVER have Pacer front pages! What is their deal with the Pacers? Do these bums know the Pacers are the best team in the league??? If you can't get love locally how are expected to get it on a national level?

Sports Logo

Default Re: What The Hell Is Up With IndyStar???

How big a deal is it that a Local Media outlet isn't paying attention to your Local sports team?

I'm in the SF Bay Area and I dont even read, much less pay attention, to what the San Jose Mercury News or the SF Chronicle says about the Warriors.

If anything, I get more of my media news about my favorite teams from sources like Yahoo and other Internet outlets than I get from my local media outlets.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How big a deal is it that a Local Media outlet isn't paying attention to your Local sports team?

I'm in the SF Bay Area and I dont even read, much less pay attention, to what the San Jose Mercury News or the SF Chronicle says about the Warriors.

If anything, I get more of my media news about my favorite teams from sources like Yahoo and other Internet outlets than I get from my local media outlets.
    It does. Because it gets people who normally had no interest in the team interest. I live in Milwaukee and the Bucks aren't spoke about alot in the media but that's because they suck! It's kinda frustrating (and I'm not even in Indy) that even STILL this team can't get media love

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They print what sells. Obviously, the Pacers do not interest their readership. If the Pacers sold papers then they'd print the Star on blue and gold stock.

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    They print what sells. Obviously, the Pacers do not interest their readership. If the Pacers sold papers then they'd print the Star on blue and gold stock.
    A damn shame...but even on the online site almost nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    FWIW, the hard copy paper covers the Pacers pretty well. I just grabbed Thursday's edition and it had Pacers all over the front sports page.

But the reality is, the Indy Star no longer prints what sells. The Indy Star's parent is more interested in spewing their political philosophies than reporting news. But again, the sports section of the print copy does cover the Pacers pretty well IMO. That doesn't sell the paper though. The ads and things like the crosswords actually sell the paper. Most of the rest of it is no better than toilet paper.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

As I have said many times, here and on facebook. I really don't like the sports coverage of the Indianapolis Star. The Houston Chronicle is much better.

Why worry about it? The TV and radio stations in town are giving the Pacers tons of love!
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Try being a Purdue fan. Not that there's much worth writing about right now, but even when we were good.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Try being a Purdue fan. Not that there's much worth writing about right now, but even when we were good.
    I understand, However being an IU fan I rather enjoy that part....lol

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Why worry about it? The TV and radio stations in town are giving the Pacers tons of love!
    It's not really so much that I care about what the Star promotes, but really I want Candace No Relation Buckner to get some page views. It's her first year and it's obviously always easier to write about a great team, but she's really good, just in strict writing terms. I enjoy reading her stuff. Nothing against Wells, I like him, but reading his stories was always just "yep, I also watched the game."

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It's not really so much that I care about what the Star promotes, but really I want Candace No Relation Buckner to get some page views. It's her first year and it's obviously always easier to write about a great team, but she's really good, just in strict writing terms. I enjoy reading her stuff. Nothing against Wells, I like him, but reading his stories was always just "yep, I also watched the game."
    I agree, except I disliked Wells.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Newspapers are dying.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Unfortunately for us, Candace appears to have what it takes to move along to bigger and better things. Enjoy her Pacers reporting while it lasts.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    Unfortunately for us, Candace appears to have what it takes to move along to bigger and better things. Enjoy her Pacers reporting while it lasts.
    She's also very personable with the fans at BLF too. Her star is absolutely going to rise, probably to a national level, and its not going to take long.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    For those who knew him personally, they've said good things about him. But his writing and impression he left on the masses was...well...no comment.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    She's also very personable with the fans at BLF too. Her star is absolutely going to rise, probably to a national level, and its not going to take long.
    I haven't seen her on TV or in person yet, but I get the impression from what you and others have said, along with how her personality comes across on Twitter and in her articles and blogs, that she would be a great addition to a show like Around the Horn or maybe a substitute on PTI.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    Wells is a good guy, he just makes a point to not be a cheerleader unless he feels the team fully deserves it. Other times, I think he makes criticisms that people take to be something more harsh than (in my opinion) he really means them, on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Wells is a good guy, he just makes a point to not be a cheerleader unless he feels the team fully deserves it. Other times, I think he makes criticisms that are more harsh than (in my opinion) he really believes them to be...all to be a "objective" or controversial.
    Fixed. Here is my #1 issue with the message I receive from him. May not be what he's saying, but it is what I heard...prior to turning him off.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post: