Thread: Bill Benner is now working for PS&E - Good Time to Come On Board

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Bill Benner is now working for PS&E - Good Time to Come On Board

I don't remember hearing that Bill Benner is now working for PS&E as Senior Vice President of Corporate, Community and Public Relations and that he has a new blog on Pacers.com. For those that didn't live in Indiana during the 80's and 90's might not be familiar with him but he's been around Indy as a sportswriter, radio talk show host, and at one time worked for the Pacers Media Relations department. He's also remembered as the dude that Reggie would always get in the face of and berate before every Pacers home game as way to psych himself up. Ah... good times. Good times.

Well he has a new blog now and wrote his first post last week after the Pacers big win against the Knicks.

------------------------------------------------------------
    http://blogs.pacers.com/2013/11/22/g...e-come-aboard/

Good Time to Come On Board
    Posted by: Bill Benner Posted date: November 22, 2013

Typical or atypical? Ordinary or extraordinary?

As the new kid on this block, I will learn in time.

But I’m leaning toward typical and ordinary which, in a word, is amazing.

For certain, I am amazed at what I have witnessed and learned from the time it was announced I was joining Pacers Sports & Entertainment through my first few days on the job.

There was Paul George donating a car to the Hawthorne Community Center as part of his 2013 NBA Most Improved Player Award.

There was a $50,000 Pacers Foundation donation to the World Food Programme to aid recovery from the devastating typhoon in the Philippines.

There were visits by Pacers players to veterans at the Roudebush V.A. Medical Center, which followed the Veterans Day salute to World War II vets who were entertained during a game and then honored in an emotional halftime ceremony.

There was the welcoming and feeding of 650 people for the “Come To Our House” Thanksgiving dinner, hosted by David and Lesley West and presented by US Foods.

There was Pacers guard George Hill being recognized with the NBA’s Community Assist Award on a Friday, then, on a Monday, partnering with the United Way and long-time Pacers season ticket-holder Al Hubbard to award a $25,000 check to an IPS teacher. Even better, Hill was re-united with the Broad Ripple High School teacher who had a profound impact on his life and given the Rockets letter jacket he couldn’t afford to buy when he was a prep athlete. The Indianapolis Star gave the heartwarming story Page 1 play.

There was the IPS robotics competition taking place over the weekend, and the proper diligence and care exercised by facilities staff when strong storms blew through the downtown area.

I watched in jaw-dropping amazement at what the PS&E family has come to know as routine – the move-in and move-out of two concerts. How that occurs so seamlessly in such a short time is pure wonderment.

And, oh yes, the team. ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith stopped by, wanting to do a profile on emerging superstar Paul George. Instead, George insisted it be not just about him, so he was joined by coach Frank Vogel and the other four starters for what became a two-part profile on ESPN.

The Pacers also, as of this writing, ran their record to 10-1, capped by a pulsating overtime win at New York in which George dropped a Reggie Miller-like 28 of his 35 points in the second half and overtime.

And, by the way, both local and national (ESPN) TV ratings for that game blew through the roof while traffic on Pacers.com is so heavy it looks like I-70, I-69 and I-65 in the mornings.

The Pacers even got a two-page spread in the newspaper. A PARIS FRANCE newspaper.

Great team. Good guys. Attendance and ratings and buzz all up, up, up. Community outreach and world notice. The hits just keep on coming. Typical or atypical? Ordinary or extraordinary? Not sure.

But good times all the way around nonetheless. Glad to be on board.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Bill Benner is now working for PS&E - Good Time to Come On Board

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    I. He's also remembered as the dude that Reggie would always get in the face of and berate before every Pacers home game as way to psych himself up. Ah... good times. Good times.
    I hate to correct you Nap, but Reggie used to yell in the face of David Benner, who is Bill's brother.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I hate to correct you Nap, but Reggie used to yell in the face of David Benner, who is Bill's brother.
    Thank you... I thought I was losing it for a second there...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good catch Buck! I could've swore it was Bill. So is David still with the Pacers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Good catch Buck! I could've swore it was Bill. So is David still with the Pacers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Yes, he is. If you're on Twitter he's on there and posts some nice Pacers-related stuff.