Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: December 1-December 10, 6 games in 10 days... how many can we win?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: December 1-December 10, 6 games in 10 days... how many can we win?

If we go 3-3 on this trip, I will be really impressed. Winning on the road is not easy in the NBA, winning on the road against a top team is very, very hard. I think a lot of people under estimate the pride those teams are going to have against anther top team while playing on their floor. They don't want us to come in and smack them on their court when they believe themselves to be contenders as well. Give me a playoff series, and I would feel confident, but on a road trip against these teams won't be easy. 3-3 would be great.

As for the Heat, they hate us. They hate hearing that we are their biggest competition and I believe they are going to come out swinging. When LeBron James is motivated, they are near impossible to beat. I believe we can beat them in a 7 game series, but I'm also worried this road trip will wear us down physically and maybe even mentally a little.

Honestly, the best thing about this road trip, is that we might be back under the radar afterwards. People might think we can't hang with other contenders. I want them to think that and I want our players to know they think that.
    Last edited by Dr. Awesome; 11-28-2013 at 01:55 PM.

here we go!
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am thinking 4-1. The only team that plays defense is SA. In order to beat Indiana, you have to share the ball and play defense. The only game we lost was to Chicago, and they basically didn't miss any shots. OKC is an ISO team with KD and Westbrook sharing possessions. Portland has overachieved, and will start losing games. LAC doesn't have much depth. Besides CP3, we are better than them at every other position. Not being a homer, but I'll take West over BG. None of these teams match up against us well at all besides SA
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly, the best thing about this road trip, is that we might be back under the radar afterwards. People might think we can't hang with other contenders. I want them to think that and I want our players to know they think that.
    It's time for a ring. I don't want to be under the radar again. I want teams to have those doubts in their minds...and see them crack under the pressure.

3-2 with one to go.

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So I got 5 bucks that Wade plays Tuesday. (Then pretty much rests until the next game on the 18th lol)
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

4-2 in that brutal stretch. It won't get any tougher than that.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoosierguy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Winning 4 of the 6 would be huge, if one of those includes Miami
    huge it is!

#TWSS
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Thrilled we went 4-2.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

4-2 Great job with this stretch, we just need to keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    4-2

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Exactly what I expected. We beat the teams we should have beaten, and stole one game against the teams who are on par with us.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I am thrilled with this. No other team in the NBA could have finished with a better record at this point in the season.