Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: December 1-December 10, 6 games in 10 days... how many can we win?

Default Re: December 1-December 10, 6 games in 10 days... how many can we win?

These games should all be fun as hell to watch, which will be very nice. Can't wait to see PG face off against the other 3 of the top 4 players in the league.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm fine with 3-3 or above. Only 1-5 (With the 1 being Utah) or 0-6 would curb my enthusiasm for this team.

This is just an insanely tough trip for any team.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

5-1 should be the record. 3-3 will be a huge let-down. Clippers are overrated. Portland will fade. Utah is bad. SA is due to lose to Indiana. OKC is beatable when they aren't making jump shots. We are due to trounce Miami
    David "And One" West

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Combined record of 58-28 on this stretch.... 56-14 if you take out Utah.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Everyone is looking past Portland. I want no part of that game. Second night of a back to back in the Rose Garden? I think that will be the ugliest loss of the trip, if we do have an ugly loss.
    Pacers,baby!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeliumFear For This Useful Post:

I think they'll get 4-2 provided Mahinmi does a good job defending the paint
    while Hibbert sits.

Our reserves are going to be huge during this stretch (not that they aren't
    already), but it sure would be a nice time to have a healthy Danny Granger
    return to help out.
    Last edited by RamBo_Lamar; 11-26-2013 at 10:29 PM.

I hope some of those teams also have back to backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope some of those teams also have back to backs.
    Only Portland. They play @Lakers the night before. Other than that, every single team will be rested.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

This will be an incredibly tough stretch. I hope for the best but we'll see what happens.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

I just want the Championship Belt from the Spurs.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Anything less than 4-2 should be considered a disappointment. 4-2 or 5-1 should be expected. 6-0 would be great.
    You think so? That seems pretty optimistic to me, but this is the kind of team I could see doing it, though.

Just believe in the System baby.

By me ^^

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to picasso For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    5-1 should be the record. 3-3 will be a huge let-down. Clippers are overrated. Portland will fade. Utah is bad. SA is due to lose to Indiana. OKC is beatable when they aren't making jump shots. We are due to trounce Miami

This can do without the 'homer' comment, which if often insulting to the targeted party

Don't you hate it when Indiana is disrespected? All those teams will bring their A+ game vs US. They are trying to prove they are better than us.
    This trip is no joke, Can't even look past Utah because they match up well vs Us.

By me ^^

21. The Following User Says Thank You to picasso For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    You think so? That seems pretty optimistic to me, but this is the kind of team I could see doing it, though.
    There are two teams that we should beat. The Clippers and Jazz. If this team truly is one of the top teams in the league we should expect to be able to go at least 2-2 against Portland, San Antonio, Miami, and Oklahoma City. So anything less than 4-2 is winning less than what this team should be able to win. I don't see it as optimistic at all, just expect this team to be as good as a 13-1 team should be. Not expecting us to be able to split the games against those 4 teams means you don't think this team is in the same league as those 4.
    Last edited by Eleazar; 11-26-2013 at 05:31 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Last year the Clippers were a horrible matchup for us, as I recall we couldn't keep Chris Paul out of the lane. Now they have way way WAY better coaching than they did last year.

We are much better, of course, and I'm not saying we will lose, but the suggestion that the Clippers game is somehow an easily expected "W" seems misguided.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

There are two teams that we should beat. The Clippers and Jazz. If this team truly is one of the top teams in the league we should expect to be able to go at least 2-2 against Portland, San Antonio, Miami, and Oklahoma City. So anything less than 4-2 is winning less than what this team should be able to win. I don't see it as optimistic at all, just expect this team to be as good as a 13-1 team should be. Not expecting us to be able to split the games against those 4 teams means you don't think this team is in the same league as those 4.
    Really? Being on the road, playing multiple back-to-backs, and losing to 3 of the 4 best teams we would play means we should pack it in?

Are you really thinking that after this hellride of a road trip if we're 15-5 it means we're not going to be good enough in April?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Maybe the Clippers are worse than I realized. I admit I haven't been following them thus far, other than I caught a bit of some of their first few games. Are they really that underwhelming?

In any case, unless this is just an absolute juggernaut of a team (and hey, maybe it is), odds are we're going to struggle here and there along the way, even if that means 'only' winning 60 games in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Last year the Clippers were a horrible matchup for us, as I recall we couldn't keep Chris Paul out of the lane. Now they have way way WAY better coaching than they did last year.

We are much better, of course, and I'm not saying we will lose, but the suggestion that the Clippers game is somehow an easily expected "W" seems misguided.
    That was the game Hibbert was suspended.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Really? Being on the road, playing multiple back-to-backs, and losing to 3 of the 4 best teams we would play means we should pack it in?

Are you really thinking that after this hellride of a road trip if we're 15-5 it means we're not going to be good enough in April?
    Where did I say any of that? I am talking about expectations. When your team is 13-1 you should EXPECT them to go at least 4-2. Will they? Maybe not. If they don't it doesn't mean I will sing the sky is falling, just means they didn't play up to their potential during this series of games and I will be disappointed.

Where did I say any of that? I am talking about expectations. When your team is 13-1 you should EXPECT them to go at least 4-2. Will they? Maybe not. If they don't it doesn't mean I will sing the sky is falling, just means they didn't play up to their potential during this series of games and I will be disappointed.

4-2 would be awesome. They better get their rest and not take anything for granted. Stay with teams in the first half and then lay on the defense in the second. One of the wins has to be Miami or San Antonio.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Quote Originally Posted by rabid View Post
    Only Portland. They play @Lakers the night before. Other than that, every single team will be rested.
    Damn you Stern. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Why stop at 6-0? Hell, let's go 10-0 that week! Cmon guys, let's get this done!

I'd take 3 - 3 as an impressive result given the road, the overall comp, and the spacing of the games. Agree it would be nice to include at least one of Miami/San Antonio in the victories.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

35. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:

Next stop June 2015

I expect 3-3. If we come away from that road trip 3-3, it's a good sign especially if we compete well. Those are away games where the opposition will be amped up each game. If we come away 4-2, it's a great sign. Any higher and you might as well order tickets for the finals.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

So basically after the 4 in 6, 5 in 7 at the start of the season, they give us the most difficult West Coast trip one team can have and that will be 6 in 10.

Thanks a lot.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Johanvil For This Useful Post: