Thread: OK Peanut Butter...get ready

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default OK Peanut Butter...get ready

No trades...we still have a glaring need for a big...one who can shoot would be nice too...so it's time to give PRIMOZ BREZEC some minutes dammit. We've talked of it all season...time to do it.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Booger

Default Re: OK Peanut Butter...get ready

LOVE that nickname.

so what is your proposed lineup then?

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I love that nickname... its too bad the original discussion was lost in "the fire" so some of our newbies may not recognize it.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Mood

Oh he'd be a bench player IMO but he'll be very needed in the PO's...I have no faith that Pollard will raise to the occasion and I don't like JO playing so much 5.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

But at who's expense?

Do you drop Pollard out of the rotation altogether? Do you drop Foster?

Austin won't play as many min. at the center spot now because of Ron but I bet J.O. is still on the floor a lot, so you aren't dropping him either.

BTW, just so we don't have post counts go up without Btown able to make sure I don't mention it. I would like to point out that your desired need of a big man who can hit an outside shot was traded away last summer.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Mood

Well we wouldn't have that need if the bidding hadn't gone nutzo, but it did and so we do. With all the empty cap space some teams have just wait till this summer. You won't believe the money Dampier gets if he opts out...and many others too. Teams saw how little Utah got last year so they will throw around money in big chunks early.

[size=18:c78625e8a4] MARK IT DOWN[/size]

Oh, I'm in total 100% agreement with you on that. That was why some of us were just astounded by the supposed "shock" of Brad Miller being offered large sums of money.

An all-star big man (btw, this can no longer even be questioned) will be overpaid.

Dampier will recieve close to or maybe even as much as, Brad got.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

PB is not ready

Does PB have a J.

PB is not ready
    Since our other choice is Pollard, how bad can it be to give him a few minutes per game to get ready?

I'm saying, if we never play him this season, he'll become this season's version of Okur. Come the ECF, we'll need him to be the player he wasn't allowed to develop into. And a big, physical team like N.O. may keep us from reaching the ECF, even if Artest is back to 100% by then.

We already know Pollard won't be better than our tenth-man. If, twenty games down the road, Peanut Butter still shows he isn't ready, then we can go back to Pollard and I'll finally shut up about it.

PB is not ready
    Since our other choice is Pollard, how bad can it be to give him a few minutes per game to get ready?

I'm saying, if we never play him this season, he'll become this season's version of Okur. Come the ECF, we'll need him to be the player he wasn't allowed to develop into. And a big, physical team like N.O. may keep us from reaching the ECF, even if Artest is back to 100% by then.

We already know Pollard won't be better than our tenth-man. If, twenty games down the road, Peanut Butter still shows he isn't ready, then we can go back to Pollard and I'll finally shut up about it.

If we think for one second that Primo is going to be a factor in the playoffs, then we will lose in the first round again.

Where is this theory coming from that Primoz is a physical player ? He is not a physical player.

And what does the injury to Artest have to do with with Primoz anyway

PB is not ready

If we think for one second that Primo is going to be a factor in the playoffs, then we will lose in the first round again.
    Ditto for Pollard. I better back off here - I'm the guy campaigning for an eight-man rotation, so if I were in charge neither of them would play anyway. But our best eight-man rotation would be Al, FJ and ? off the bench - as we're all in agreement today, especially with 'Sheed going to Detroit, its a little scary that there's no backup big man in our top eight (Peck, no need to call Foster a "backup" here. :P )

Where is this theory coming from that Primoz is a physical player ? He is not a physical player.
    I'm saying that until he's thrown into the wolves, he'll never even figure out what a physical player is. He'll never get it in practice - that just isn't something that's learned in practice. Your questions lead exactly to my point - if he doesn't figure out in a twenty game span how to put a body on someone, then we can completely give up on him. If he does figure it out, he'll bring a similar presence to Pollard with an offensive game thats at least 100% better.

And what does the injury to Artest have to do with with Primoz anyway
    Because our rotations are going to change with Ron out - moving Al to SF gives us an opportunity to give Primoz some minutes that weren't otherwise available.

Mood

Does PB have a J.

How about Freddie "JAM" Jones ????

PB & J

Anyway, Jay mirrors my thoughts exactly. I've preached this all year, it ain't new Primoz should be getting minutes.