Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bringing the tribe to Indy for Friday night's game... What do I need to know?

Default Bringing the tribe to Indy for Friday night's game... What do I need to know?

Last year my brother and I drove up to Indy for Game 6 of the ECFs. Incredible.

This year we're bringing the whole crew: My wife and I, my brother and his wife, my parents, and my other brother. Seven of us will drive in Friday evening, watch the game, and then drive back to my parent's house in Cincinnati.

Where do you recommend we buy tickets? Where should we sit? Where should we park?

Recommendations welcome.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Default Re: Bringing the tribe to Indy for Friday night's game... What do I need to know?

Park in the parking garage. It is only $12 and very convenient. There is cheaper/free parking available, but if you're from out of town, easier has its appeal.

Where to sit depends on how much you want to spend. The best value is the balcony by far. The club level is a nice balance of view and cost. Just depends on what you want to spend.

I am a STH, so I have no clue where the best place to buy tickets is.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last year my brother and I drove up to Indy for Game 6 of the ECFs. Incredible.

This year we're bringing the whole crew: My wife and I, my brother and his wife, my parents, and my other brother. Seven of us will drive in Friday evening, watch the game, and then drive back to my parent's house in Cincinnati.

Where do you recommend we buy tickets? Where should we sit? Where should we park?

Recommendations welcome.

Default Re: Bringing the tribe to Indy for Friday night's game... What do I need to know?

I imagine the x-mas tree lighting is Friday night, and that is typically one of downtown's busiest days of the year. Pay the money and get to the garage early.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Besides stubhub where and the second rate retailers.

Stubhub is where I ended up buying for the Celtics game the Sunday before Christmas. Was a couple of dollars cheaper per ticket than the service that is linked by the Pacers site. Was also convenient.

We ended up second row in the balcony. The lower level seats were just too costly for a family of four. The teams success seems to be having an impact on prices for available tickets.

If it were just me and my wife going I'd probably take the chance and look for a deal outside before the game. This stategy has worked out pretty well for me in the past. Even for playoff games. Don't have that option this trip and doesn't appear you do either with the extended family coming along.

I would guess it would be difficult to get tickets with all 7 of you sitting together. If you do, they'll be worse tickets. So I would split it up 4 tickets and 3 tickets. Then I'd get to Indy early, have dinner somewhere downtown, and meet up after the game.
    UncleBuck:

"See how stupid those fans sound complaining about the officials. That is one reason why I hate when Pacers fans complain about the refs - does not come across well at all, no matter the merit. "

Parking is $5 just south of the Fieldhouse in the big lot between the Alexander Hotel and Eli Lilly's. Just a block away from the fieldhouse. Corner of South St. & Alabama. Easy trek with little traffic to deal with after the game, and you can stop into the Alexander before the game, good restaurants there.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Park at the $5 lot in the SE corner of the South and Pennsylvania intersection (across Pennsylvania from Arbys). They don't typically open until around 5pm (so probably less competition with circle of lights crowd), and is only a block south of the fieldhouse. Also VERY easy to get out after the game and get on the interstate.

If you want to get tickets all together as a group and are willing to pay around $75 a head, theres some block deals on Stubhub from the club level Fan Zone between Area 55 and G2 Zone in that price range in sections 1, 2, and 19.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 11-24-2013 at 04:48 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I imagine the x-mas tree lighting is Friday night, and that is typically one of downtown's busiest days of the year. Pay the money and get to the garage early.
    I was downtown for the Christmas tree lighting last year - I would second this wholeheartedly. I got a spot in some parking garage downtown, but it was a bit of a walk from there to BLF/Circle Center, and it was damn cold then so the walk wasn't great.

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo

I second ParkWhiz, guaranteed parking especially on busy downtown nights is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    Park at the $5 lot in the SE corner of the South and Pennsylvania intersection (across Pennsylvania from Arbys). They don't typically open until around 5pm (so probably less competition with circle of lights crowd), and is only a block south of the fieldhouse. Also VERY easy to get out after the game and get on the interstate.

If you want to get tickets all together as a group and are willing to pay around $75 a head, theres some block deals on Stubhub from the club level Fan Zone between Area 55 and G2 Zone in that price range in sections 1, 2, and 19.
    $75 a head for the 7 of us is out of our price range. We'll be in the balcony for sure.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I use stubhub. You can get 7 together in section 228 for 20.95 a piece. The hard part is finding 7 together.

As an employee for PS&E or as a fan, I always recommend checking the arena's primary purchase options first. As it stands now, you can get the $75 tickets Sandman recommended for $62.90 each via this purchase page on Ticketmaster.com. That price includes the online fees and you can print at home for free. Plus, there are 7 seats in the same row.

If you want a lower price point, then there are Balcony options starting at $16.15 each to $19.45 each to $38.70 each. All of these price points have groups of 7 right now. This is on the same page I hyperlinked above. After a quick look on other sites, these are the best prices available on a single-game basis.

In some situations, an arena's primary site will not have tickets available. If a Pacers game is sold out, then you always have the option to purchase authentic and verified tickets from other fans via the NBATickets.com fan resale marketplace (click here to see seats for Friday). If you're going to buy from fans you don't know personally, then I would highly suggest looking here if seats on Ticketmaster are not available.

Every game night -- whether it is a preseason game or a big Playoff game - we get dozens to 100s of people coming to the Box Office window because someone sold them a fake ticket. Some sites provide a guarantee with each ticket, but if you look closely to the fine print then you'll see the guarantee is only in the form of a refund. Unfortunately, when a fan comes to a window with a fake ticket, we cannot refund their money and can't give them another ticket for free. It is one of the hardest things we have to do at the Box Office because we're typically turning down hardcore Pacers fans who are pumped about going to the game. However, if we didn't do it, then those who are selling fake tickets would continue to do it because they would get away with it. That was a big reason why we launched NBATickets.com, because it is the only site that allows fans to buy verified tickets from other fans.

Also, I've heard from a few of you individually that you are having trouble finding reasonably-priced tickets for some big games later in the season (the two big ones are Lakers and Heat). If that's the case for you, then check out the Pacers Holiday Pack, which includes the Pacers games against the Heat, Lakers, Knicks, Warriors and Nuggets. Plus, you get a pretty cool Pacers scarf included with the purchase. Pacers.com/Holiday has the details or feel free to call (317) 917-2827 if you want to talk to a rep about it.

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RobfromPacers For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Any preferred sections of the balcony? What do you like?

Enjoy your time at PD!

Check out the virtual venue here:

http://pacers.io-media.com/

You can get an idea of what a view from a section looks like there.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Any preferred sections of the balcony? What do you like?
    Sections 206-211 and 222-227 are the best choices in the balcony. We used to have tickets in 206. It was nice if you are low enough. The main concern I would have is not getting too high. The lower seats are much better than the higher ones. I would take a lower seat in 206 over a higher one in 208 or 209.

Pacer bench is in front of 206 and the Wiz bench is in front of 211.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post

I second the recommendations for that parking lot and the fan zone... our seats our in the Fan Zone - best value for the $$, and I always like it being full of Pacers fans instead of other teams fans!

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Parking is $5 just south of the Fieldhouse in the big lot between the Alexander Hotel and Eli Lilly's. Just a block away from the fieldhouse. Corner of South St. & Alabama. Easy trek with little traffic to deal with after the game, and you can stop into the Alexander before the game, good restaurants there.
    This is where I park each time I go to a game. It's more like a block and a half but still close enough to make it worth the walk. If you have older parents or if the ladies don't want to walk in the cold, you can drop them off in front of the Fieldhouse and then make your way over to the parking garage.

Trying to get 7 tickets this close to Gameday, especially with a lot of people being off from work that evening, will be a little difficult. You can probably forget about getting anything other than the balcony. Be sure to check out Stubhub the morning of the game and my suggestion is to get your tickets before you leave town. I made that mistake once, got to the game and all they had was singles remaining at the box office.

Sections in the corners are cheaper than those on the sides. If you want tickets on the side, your best bets are sections 210 and 227. It seems like they always have plenty of seats in those sections.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

A couple things, downtown will be crowded. There are 3 state football championship games that day (Including my Brebeuf Braves vs. Andrean Go Prep!), also there is the tree lighting on the circle before the game, I think it's at 7? it is the reason for the 8PM tipoff.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

My middle name is Michael.

I felt you needed to know that.

Ok, getting ready to leave for the game.

Is there a meeting of regular PD members after the game? Where do you guys meet up?

Enjoy your time at PD!

Ok, getting ready to leave for the game.

Is there a meeting of regular PD members after the game? Where do you guys meet up?
    PDers meet in the atrium by the practice court windows by the Delaware Street entrance. They stick out pretty well LOL.

Btw, I'm downtown now, lot of 10 to 15 dollar lots on South, but my regular atSouth and Penn is hanging at 5. Lots of space too.

Anthem, did you do a recap of your experience somewhere else?