Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, the Bulls blew a 21 point lead, and the Bulls are far less impressive without Rose... I don't care who is on or off the court when we advance and win a ring. I hope it is not career threatening, but I hope he stays sidelined for a considerable amount of time. (Like the rest of THIS season) Probably tacky, but I don't care.

By the way, watched the end of that game and I hope for the Blazers sake Derrick Rose wasn't sitting by the TV when they dropped the streamers and confetti... He will NEVER forget that. Get well Derrick. Basketball is better with great players! (Just not too soon)
    I want to win more than anyone, but not like this. I don't care if we are in game 7 against the Heat, I want LeBron healthy.

Now, if Wade were to tear his ACL I would laugh my *** off as he laid on the floor crying, because **** him, but any respectable player that plays the game the right way I would never wish an injury on. If we are going to be the best, we have to beat the best. Rose and the Bulls are a HUGE step that we will need to get over one way or another, I want to do it the right way. I want to be the best, not the healthiest.

I took many different routes that ultimately landed at the same spot, but I'm on 2 hours sleep so bare with me haha.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by VideoVandal View Post
    Who cares if they over-celebrated or the home stadium went a little overboard on a regular season win, this is looking like a turn-around season for a team that shared a lot of the same bad luck we shared. A team that was once highly competitive and in the championship picture each year and turned into a public nightmares team that had bad images all over the place and have taken a really long time to recover like we did. So good for them for finally turning there team around and fielding what looks like a great core of young players.
    It was just a play on "I will never forget this" statement by Rose when we won a game on their court. Nothing against Portland.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree with the majority here, I wan't to beat the Bulls at Full Strength, not out-health them.
    @qandrews9428

5. The Following User Says Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Yeah, with contact there is a possibility that it's just a contusion injury. With no contact you're looking at some type of structural problem. The question is just how much.
    Exactly.

When you have a contact injury, yes of course there is a possibility for tears, breaks, etc.

But when a guy just flat out lands/steps wrong and comes up gimpy, now you can almost completely rule out the possibility of just getting a "bone bruise" or deep tissue bruise. At that point, either it's just a really bad scare, OR you're talking a freak accident that ends up with significant ligament/tendon/muscle damage.

Again, I'm not sitting here ROOTING for the guy to get hurt. I've been through enough in my own life to never wish that on a player that plays for a team I hate. I'm just being realistic here.

The worst injuries often happen on the most benign, normal looking plays. You cannot see inside the players skin and joint capsules, but that's where the fireworks are happening on those "simple" plays where guys come up gimpy.

The MRI will either confirm that his career is in serious jeopardy, or he got a bad scare and got really lucky afterward.

From a Pacers fan perspective, yes I am hopeful that this slows down any potential run the Bulls have against us. Honestly, I am not scared of them in a 7 game series with or without Rose. But as a sports fan in general, and someone who has dealt with these types of things, I hope he makes it out OK.

He's still a jerk, though :P
    Last edited by TMJ31; 11-23-2013 at 12:54 AM.

I don't care what it does to the Bulls or beating the best to be the best or any of that. I'm just sad for Rose if this is serious. Dude's a 25 year old MVP and if he's torn both knees now who the hell knows when he'll ever feel comfortable again, we all saw how much people killed him for sitting out all last year because he wasn't comfortable.

All I've got against Rose is that he's a Bull, he seems like a good dude otherwise. I feel bad for him, it's a dream dying. Or at least being significantly altered.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Mood

Marc Gasol left knee injury tonight

10. The Following User Says Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I don't care what it does to the Bulls or beating the best to be the best or any of that. I'm just sad for Rose if this is serious. Dude's a 25 year old MVP and if he's torn both knees now who the hell knows when he'll ever feel comfortable again, we all saw how much people killed him for sitting out all last year because he wasn't comfortable.

All I've got against Rose is that he's a Bull, he seems like a good dude otherwise. I feel bad for him, it's a dream dying. Or at least being significantly altered.
    There have been a good number running backs in the NFL that have successfully come back to full strength or in a few cases even better. Obviously different sports, but I would imagine an NFL running back deals with a lot more stress to the knees than a PG.

Banned
    Mood

He seems mentally soft to me. I wouldn't doubt if this turned out to be primarily psychological.

Just saw the play, i'll be honest, i will be shocked if it isn't a torn ACL, just my opinion on it and I am no doctor, but I just can't see that being anything other than a torn ACL, hope i'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    From a Pacers fan perspective, yes I am hopeful that this slows down any potential run the Bulls have against us.
    Your statement is fine, except for this.
    @qandrews9428

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    Now, if Wade were to tear his ACL I would laugh my *** off as he laid on the floor crying, because **** him
    This made me laugh.....
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    He seems mentally soft to me. I wouldn't doubt if this turned out to be primarily psychological.
    Does your knee buckle when you are mentally weak? This is just moronic.
    @qandrews9428

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to boombaby1987 For This Useful Post:

Mood

UI
    I want to win more than anyone, but not like this. I don't care if we are in game 7 against the Heat, I want LeBron healthy.

Now, if Wade were to tear his ACL I would laugh my *** off as he laid on the floor crying, because **** him, but any respectable player that plays the game the right way I would never wish an injury on. If we are going to be the best, we have to beat the best. Rose and the Bulls are a HUGE step that we will need to get over one way or another, I want to do it the right way. I want to be the best, not the healthiest.

I took many different routes that ultimately landed at the same spot, but I'm on 2 hours sleep so bare with me haha.
    As a coach I can respect the competition aspect of wanting to beat the best. But, we don't have to to win the ring... No love lost if Wade tore his knee. But, if Lebron got a an eye infection from a pregame 7 chalk incident, id be pretty thrilled.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

There have been a good number running backs in the NFL that have successfully come back to full strength or in a few cases even better. Obviously different sports, but I would imagine an NFL running back deals with a lot more stress to the knees than a PG.
    Those guys have all lost at least SOME part of their previous speed pre-injury. Edgerrin James, for example, was never the same running back, despite his great stats. Adrian Peterson is just a physical freak. I think a guy like D-Rose, who puts so much torque on his knees and throws his body around often in the paint, probably deals with the same amount of stress on his knee as the average full-time running back.

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Your statement is fine, except for this.
    Why?

If a player on a rival team gets hurt, should we spot them 5 games in the standings because we feel bad for them?

Again, I do not wish harm on any player regardless of the team they play for. But if a player on a team we're competing with is not in the lineup for whatever reason, you darn well better believe I want my team to capitalize on that opportunity.

Call it whatever you want, but I don't apologize for it.

With that being said, I hope he is able to continue his career and play this season. And I hope we sweep them in 4 games in the playoffs with PG holding him to a career low point total.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    Why?

If a player on a rival team gets hurt, should we spot them 5 games in the standings because we feel bad for them?

Again, I do not wish harm on any player regardless of the team they play for. But if a player on a team we're competing with is not in the lineup for whatever reason, you darn well better believe I want my team to capitalize on that opportunity.

Call it whatever you want, but I don't apologize for it.

With that being said, I hope he is able to continue his career and play this season. And I hope we sweep them in 4 games in the playoffs with PG holding him to a career low point total.

I just feel like this team is fully capable of winning a championship without any asterisks, and I if I had the choice, I'd much rather go through full strength teams.
    @qandrews9428

So the trainers were doing a drawer test. That could obviously just be precautionary, I don't mean to overstate it, but it isn't a good sign.

Mood

If there is a silver lining for Rose, he will probably come back with a 50 inch vert...

Sideline reporter just tweeted that Bulls management asked him to get up and walk it off and he refused, asking for a golf cart.. Good for him... green
    Last edited by *astrisk*; 11-23-2013 at 01:08 AM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to *astrisk* For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    If there is a silver lining for Rose, he will probably come back with a 50 inch vert...

Sideline reporter just tweeted that Bulls management asked him to get up and walk it off and he refused, asking for a golf cart.. Good for him...
    Can you show me this tweet?
    @qandrews9428

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    There is nothing psychological about tearing a part of your body. Psychology comes into play during rehabilitation.
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    Those guys have all lost at least SOME part of their previous speed pre-injury. Edgerrin James, for example, was never the same running back, despite his great stats. Adrian Peterson is just a physical freak. I think a guy like D-Rose, who puts so much torque on his knees and throws his body around often in the paint, probably deals with the same amount of stress on his knee as the average full-time running back.
    I believe Frank Gore messed both of his knees up in college and has had an incredibly long, productive career for a running back. Garrison Hearst, Willis McGahee, and many others have all recovered and succeeded.

I would just think a running back has more stress because they are making a ton of cuts and jukes too and I can't imagine throwing your body around in the paint being near as bad as two 300 pound guys falling on you.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by boombaby1987 View Post
    Can you show me this tweet?
    My Green didn't green in original post

https://twitter.com/JordanBernfield/...28067020283904

Good source tells me #Bulls fear it's a torn right ACL for Derrick Rose. If so, unlikely he will ever be the same.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

As a Pacer fan I could care less. The guy is a millionaire off a high school education to boot. Its a shame but he will be just fine in the long run.