Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Derrick Rose exits the game with an injury to his right knee.

Dammit.

Brutal stuff.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His frist three years he missed a grand total of 6 games over 3 seasons. Yeah the lockout year he had some issues, but otherwise it's really been two catastrophic injuries. Does that make him injury prone? Not in my opinion, injury prone is a lot more like someone who just never really gets healthy, plays ten games and then has to sit 3 or 4, that's never really been Rose.
    I really think the Lockout caused a lot of these player's injury issues. Playing all those games so close together with a lot of traveling mixed in was a recipe for disaster. Have you noticed how many players wound up injured during the following 12 months after the lock out ended and that season began? I don't think it's just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    Out for the year. Wow. Just wow.

Million dollar question is if Bulls can still make playoffs (again) in weak East. I say yes.
    Almost no question about that. They know how to play without Rose. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them win their first round series either - highly dependent on who they match up with, of course. But I wouldn't expect them to merely squeak into the playoffs. Hell, the way the East looks now, they could even be the third seed.

The real question is, can they make it out of the second round of the playoffs without Rose? Seems doubtful.

I'm one of those people who hates this because I hate the role injuries play in sports. I want the best of the best playing, on my team and elsewhere. That doesn't mean our future wins against the Bulls will count for less in my mind or anything silly like that. I just love to see everyone at the top of their games, going at it.

Then again, since I wouldn't be happy about watching robots play the game, I should admit that scenario has always been a pipe dream anyway.
    Last edited by gummy; 11-25-2013 at 11:31 AM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Honestly, if I were the Bulls, I'd really think about blowing that team up for high lottery picks, they have too many injury prone starters. Send Deng to Cleveland for their 1st round pick and Verajao. Cleveland gets the veteran Wing who can really score and defend. Chicago gets young and get a real serviceable back up center who can fill in for
    Noah.

Amnesty Carlos Boozer, and pay Taj Gibson.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    I really think the Lockout caused a lot of these player's injury issues. Playing all those games so close together with a lot of traveling mixed in was a recipe for disaster. Have you noticed how many players wound up injured during the following 12 months after the lock out ended and that season began? I don't think it's just a coincidence.
    I really doubt it. These guys have been playing basketball pretty much daily for the past 15 years of their lives. I understand the NBA is hard on a person's body, but they're used to it. Going and playing in an AAU tourney, where they play 5-10 games a weekend takes just as much toll.

As for saying that the NBA is different, because players play harder, I don't buy into that. Effort/energy is a finite thing, and while they might not put a whole lot of either into playing defense, they get out and run and play offensively as hard as they can because for a lot of them that's their ticket to going somewhere.

I would say that injuries have a lot more to do with the long term yearly stress they continue to put on their body, than it is just the NBA regular season. The NBA has been playing 82 games for nearly 50 years now.
    Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right. ― Ricky Gervais.

What if someone from a school of business or management school were to ask, How did you do this? How did you get the Pacers turned around? Is there a general approach you've taken that can be summarized?

Larry Bird: Yeah, patience.

I'm surprised Rose hasn't considered going abroad for treatment it worked for Kobe for a while there.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    I really doubt it. These guys have been playing basketball pretty much daily for the past 15 years of their lives. I understand the NBA is hard on a person's body, but they're used to it. Going and playing in an AAU tourney, where they play 5-10 games a weekend takes just as much toll.

As for saying that the NBA is different, because players play harder, I don't buy into that. Effort/energy is a finite thing, and while they might not put a whole lot of either into playing defense, they get out and run and play offensively as hard as they can because for a lot of them that's their ticket to going somewhere.

I would say that injuries have a lot more to do with the long term yearly stress they continue to put on their body, than it is just the NBA regular season. The NBA has been playing 82 games for nearly 50 years now.
    I wondered if he put too much work in getting his left knee back to game shape that his right knee wasn't as stable.

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

I don't feel bad for Rose/Bulls/bulls fans. Not saying I feel good either.

I acknowledge it sucks for all of them, but I don't feel anything really.

Quote Originally Posted by ECKrueger View Post
    I don't feel bad for Rose/Bulls/bulls fans. Not saying I feel good either.

I acknowledge it sucks for all of them, but I don't feel anything really.
    Personally I like not dealing with south chicago fans in the fieldhouse so I don't feel bad for him either. I also wish Rose was healthy and we beat the living snot out of them and the Heat this year so all the fake Indy Bull and Heat fans could crawl back in their collective hole. Sort of like knocking the wheels off the bandwagon and watching everyone climb off of it in shame.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

So the East basically has two teams now, this is kind of pathetic. Was hoping other teams would tire down Miami, but nope. Who is even going to watch the East playoffs until the ECF.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    Honestly, if I were the Bulls, I'd really think about blowing that team up for high lottery picks, they have too many injury prone starters. Send Deng to Cleveland for their 1st round pick and Verajao. Cleveland gets the veteran Wing who can really score and defend. Chicago gets young and get a real serviceable back up center who can fill in for
    Noah.

Amnesty Carlos Boozer, and pay Taj Gibson.
    They're definitely at a crossroads as a franchise, a lot of hard decisions need to be made and I don't envy their front office at all.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I am with graphicer. I think they trade Deng and amensty Boozer. Don't they have the Bobcats pick? Plus their own. They could get another for Deng (extension and trade). Maybe they can get some young pieces. Allow them to mesh this year and next. Rose might be full go next January. You pick up a cheap vet. Or go all in after Melo, Lebron, or someone else. Knowing their fortune I bet they get a top 3 pick in the lottery.They traded Brand before. They might be willing to trade Deng and Noah.

Or they can limp into another 2nd round series.

Sports Logo

Damn it. This really sucks for Rose and the Bulls

Do they attempt to tank and rebuild now?
    Tonight, all flags must burn, in place of steeples.
    Autonomy must return into the hands of the people.

Panopticon

-------------

CJ Watson - 20 points on 6/10 shooting!

13/4/2014

Is it too soon to say, "Hey they were the Preseason Champions" ?

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to immortality For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post

I think that it makes the Team more likely to rebuild. Players like Deng and Boozer would be more expendable for an Expiring Contract and some Assets. Keep in mind...the Bulls are over the LT at $79 mil.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Well, asterisk or not, the East is now basically a two-team race unless there's a blockbuster trade or Brooklyn gets it together.

This is karma for Rose not playing last year when he could have. Karma is a *****
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    I am with graphicer. I think they trade Deng and amensty Boozer. Don't they have the Bobcats pick? Plus their own. They could get another for Deng (extension and trade). Maybe they can get some young pieces. Allow them to mesh this year and next. Rose might be full go next January. You pick up a cheap vet. Or go all in after Melo, Lebron, or someone else. Knowing their fortune I bet they get a top 3 pick in the lottery.They traded Brand before. They might be willing to trade Deng and Noah.

Or they can limp into another 2nd round series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post

I would expect them not to tank. They have too much talent on the roster, and are still the third best team in the east
    David "And One" West

How many tanking teams will accidentally make the playoffs? Philly is absolutely a playoff team, and Boston is decent as well
    David "And One" West

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Well, asterisk or not, the East is now basically a two-team race unless there's a blockbuster trade or Brooklyn gets it together.
    I can't even imagine a blockbuster trade that could make any Eastern Conference team as good as the Heat or Pacers right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This is karma for Rose not playing last year when he could have. Karma is a *****
    I have never understood how karma works here... I mean Granger is injury prone is it karmic for him too?

And I don't care for Derrick Rose that much to be honest but its bad luck at this point.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Mood

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...86206&start=60

Re: Rose Out For The Season

Postby Red8911 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:40 am

micromonkey wrote:You are right-- only Boozer and noah are even eliglable--Rose is on new CBA

Be interesting watching Boozer now. He seemed to be playing with some motivation this year, like he really wanted to avoid that amnesty. Now he is almost certainly gone, how will it affect his game. It could plummet.

Ultimately it won't really matter though.

Thibs will probably get this team to unite. But they still have no bench, so there is no way they make a pus like last year...but playoffs, sure.

Agreed,last year atleast we had Marco and nate finishing games, this year the roster isnt as good,we were depending on rose..,This aint good my friends,we need to make a move.Atleast the east sucks and we will make the playoffs,then hope another allstar in miami or Indiana gets hurt in April.
    - See more at: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view....Nzq6reeX.dpuf

Stay classy, Chicagoans...

So, is Rose turning into the NBA's version of Bob Sanders? Mega-athlete who just can't stay healthy. He has been battling injuries since the lock-out season.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:

The crazy thing about the East is that the Bulls are still probably in the top half of the Conference. Especially if the New York teams continue to struggle. The biggest argument against 'blowing it up' is that seemingly half the East is already in tanking mode. Unless your plan involves telling Tom Thibodeau to take a vacation I'm not sure how the Bulls get bad enough to miss the playoffs.